What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I put new rear airsprings in my green Mark VIII. Good day for it, it's warmed up to 39 degrees.

Not much to it, nothing to see here.:D

i gave my 93 a long bath inside and out and then went and took a bunch of pics, the thread is down lower in this forum!

Serviced the trans in the 93. Mercon V synthetic and swapped in a 96 trans pan and filter. Still have a little shudder, looks like I will be jmoding the 98 trans and getting another TC from Lonnie @ BOC. Just love swapping trans in Mark VIII's, NOT.

Also fixed a clunk in the trunk, lower ds shock mount bolt loose.

Tomorrow is wash day I hope, inside and out.

Put in a new information center controll pannel on the 98 and removed just about everything from the 97.

since ive decided to keep the mark... i bought some stuff to do the hub swap this spring/summer... going to be slapping my 98 cobra rims on it with some nitto 555s... oh i need to find a cheaper hobby...

Alright, all I did was start my car for a bit & hosed it off a bit since it's REALLY dirty but the best part about my day is Mark related but doesn't have to do anything with My Mark VIII! I have a surprise for y'all & it's coming soon to the forum!

I started mine and cried because havent driven it since october and I miss it.....
Stupid boring truck.....2 more months till spring :)

I got my title transferred from Jamie, over to my name and my tag is due in Feb but those azzes would only give me a tag that's good for 6 days or until I go back down there sometime in Feb and get another tag. She said in the state of Alabama, you can't even come one day early and get your tag. That's stupid. Anyway, she had to walk out in the cold and verify the VIN# on the car before she would give me the tag because of the title transfer.

She asked me how was I so lucky to have bought that car for only $500 :D and I told her the same reason I was lucky enough to not have to pay all the extra taxes lol. She didn't get it.:rolleyes: Title, tag & tax was only $48.00

I had the same exact thing happen to me when i bought my Firebird 10 months ago, i had to pay for a tag that was good for a week and then go back and get one for a year. LOL I had the same comment for the price of the car too, only here if you didnt pay more than 45-50% of the total value for the car your charge taxes for the full value of it. I was 1.00 away from being charged full value!!!!! The guys mom worked at a DMV and told use what to say for a price.

Just won a (new) 28 spline T-Lok on Ebay for $86. I finally said screw it and am planning to get the car the way I want it for spring. By March I will also be buying 4.10 Ford racing gears, an Edge converter, Dennys driveshaft and a 255 LPH fuel pump to do everything at once. I want to see how Laser's computer acts with my rebuilt tranny and mods. If it doesn;t like it then I may also need a tune. Grandpas car needs a little kick in the arse.

Didnt do much yesterday and today. Installed a Cobra brake kit up front and matching rotors with ceramic pads for the rear. I also installed a braided brake line kit and then swapped out the fuel filter..... that poured a light brown liquid from it. :(

Sure do love my new brakes though. :D

I rotated the tires on my green and white Marks today (I took them both for a drive :D ).

It's 25 degrees, sunny and dry out, and the cars needed the excersize since they have been on vacation since winter started. They both ran great.

I'm looking forward to driving them again in the spring, although the black Mark has been running great. I put 6K miles on it so far this winter.:)

I had someone change a gasket behind my Oil filter had like 5 holes in were Oil and coolant went threw them, got it home last night, washed it and waxed it today, washed out and wiped down engine bay

Bought a Pioneer in dash GPS receiver for it. Also bought new wiper blades. I was going to work on the car but it is 18 degrees and we have half a foot of snow on the ground.

Finnaly got my SCT tune installed.
Discovered I have burned out brake lights and a new and loud ball joint creeking noise. So tomorrow will be a busy one. :(

Last weekend:
Removed both seats. Stripped to near actual leather finish removing much original factory "Ivory" color.

Had LeatherRenew.com make me a very low gloss mix, from their closest match in color, GM's "Cappachino Cream". ( sent them a sample) I've used their Ford "Ivory" color and it is to glossy and yellowish. Most "Ivory's" in these cars has lightened/faded. The Cappachino Cream is very close to my current version of Ivory.
Results below, added some top notch cupholders and programmed a 2nd key and memory 2 remote.

100_1317.jpg

100_1319.jpg

100_1322.jpg

started it... air up the tires, ran the relay kit for the HID headlights, waiting to get my restored headlights back so i can drive her again... I miss the power

Members online

No members online now.
Back