What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Today I installed some bright ass high beams to match the HIDs, polished the headlight lense, fixed the velcro on the radiator beauty cover and wired a new ground for the dome light.... I can has dome light neow! :wrench

Still waiting on the window dude to get here to finnish the window.

Well my friend convinced me to plug in the old transmission so that I can atleast crank up the car a couple times a week & that I did. We crawled under the car after jacking it up & placed all the plugs back in. Loved how she sounded!!! However we left the car idling for about 20 minutes only to notice that it looks like my water pump is about to take a dump on me. It's leaking so there goes another problem in my hands. Didn't touch it today though.

I opened the garage door to the garage where my 94 is sleeping ... boy it looked pretty ... shhhhh ....

I drove my 93 ... and bought some oil for it ... also ordered a fuel filter ...

Ummm Small town they don't stock everything ... I'll have it tomorrow.

I walked past mine all smashed up in the driveway... like I do every day on the way to and from work... :(

stupid winter.

Today I had the windows tinted and had the rear window replaced. :D

Laser, I'm right behind you lol. Got my windows done today all the way around. I always get my little Asian guy to do them for me. He's been tinting now for around 18 years. He really loves my back window, NOT! He's real good though and does it in one piece and never shows one air bubble anywhere. He knows how picky I am. Now the car looks 100% better but it was near dark when he finished so no finished pic of it yet. I'll get that tomorrow.

0119101318-00.gif

0119101325-00.jpg

0119101415-00.jpg

Pics taken with my phone btw. Oh yeah, all windows were done in 20% and it looks damn good now.

Cool, but won't you be risking getting stopped for illegal tint?

I opened the garage door to the garage where my 94 is sleeping ... boy it looked pretty ... shhhhh ....

I drove my 93 ... and bought some oil for it ... also ordered a fuel filter ...

Ummm Small town they don't stock everything ... I'll have it tomorrow.

They think the MarkVIII is a space ship.

Huntsville and Madison are pretty cool with 20% and I never leave town. Also, I made a mistake. The door windows are 35% and the rear three windows are 20%

I was going to go with all 20% but decided against it. Don't know why I was thinking I had all of it done in 20%. With the way it is now, I'll never have any problems with it and when they check, if they ever do, they always check the door windows and they're legal. They just appear darker now because of the darker tint in the rear. I'll get some pics of it up tomorrow. It blends well from front to back.

Wrong.

Your 35% tint will fail because the factory windows are tinted.

Ask me how I know. :D

Nice thing is around here you can go as dark as ya want on the rears so I did limo 5 this time and on the doors I did 20% cause I would like to see a little at night. :lol:

Nolimit, looking good mang. Like the resting ride height. :D

Just got done doing another mod to the car.... well kinda. I upgraded the Pioneers hard drive to the 2009 version and 80gb of storage. I loaded every CD I have in the car and now have to start working on the CDs inside. :lol:
Gotta say its a very worth while upgrade too. Much better maps and a faster operating system plus now I dont get that annoying parking brake error. :wrench

here i'll piss on the fire too i am tinting my entire front windshield and dont care what the cops say. the front will be 35% and the sides will be 5% florida cops turn their heads at dark tint, florida FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Changed the fuel filter on my 93 today ... discovered that the coil on my conversion is busted... Damn..

Don't know when this happened. Maybe when my daughter took it in the ditch last winter. (93 is my winter car)

PS I need a passenger's side standard height strut. If you have one send me a PM...

here i'll piss on the fire too i am tinting my entire front windshield and dont care what the cops say. the front will be 35% and the sides will be 5% florida cops turn their heads at dark tint, florida FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you better put hids in their if your tinting the front. The lights are bad enough as it is.

When i tint mine i'm def doing 20 on the the back 3 and 35 on the front doors. i have 5% all around on my marquis and its a bit ch to see out of at night. looks good though.

As above.

As much as I'd like heavy tint, I can't do it, as it's checked as part of NC's annual safety inspection. :mad:

Changed the fuel filter on my 93 today ... discovered that the coil on my conversion is busted... Damn..

Don't know when this happened. Maybe when my daughter took it in the ditch last winter. (93 is my winter car)

PS I need a passenger's side standard height strut. If you have one send me a PM...

Leave it to Eddie Spinks at American Air Suspension .. even though the conversion was 4 years old he's told me it's under warranty ... New coil is in the mail .. Thanks Eddie.

This is why screw Sun Cost and Arnott .. You want any Mark VIII suspension parts go to Eddie.

you better put hids in their if your tinting the front. The lights are bad enough as it is.

When i tint mine i'm def doing 20 on the the back 3 and 35 on the front doors. i have 5% all around on my marquis and its a bit ch to see out of at night. looks good though.

its a 97 i dont have to touch the lights!!! trust me dude, i know what its like, my 95 bagged lowrider silverado had 5 % all the way around including the front windshield, totally illegal and totally sick looking, i could see fine at night with good old stock gm halogens.

Put a meter on it. 35% on top of the factory tint is below the legal limit.

Madison City Police dept has put a meter on my 94 when I had to rip off the 5% that was on it. I had 35% put back on the 94 and took it to them and it read 32%. They have updated equipment unlike other police departments. Now if they do my rear side windows, they'll have me but it's very unlikely and they will not climb in the back seat and do the rear window. Takes two cops or a helping hand and I ain't helping them do :q:q:q:q.

Members online

Back