Sapperfires 93 blue on blue progress thread

Damn! great read from start to finish,just hate all the bad luck, but great to have good friends,keep the having fun spirit going, or is that the beer spirit?

It's about 2 miles from the scenes in Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Ha, the first time I went to his house I got lost..saw a little store that looked oddly familiar...turns out it's the little store in the movie.

How cool is that???
Well it makes for interesting conversation. Thing is its based on a true story and most of that crap happened here by my house. So late at night when I drive that way to get home I always hope I dont run out of gas or break down. :lol:

Yeah, disassemble part two. :mad:

IMGP00742.jpg

IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0076.jpg

So we got it out and apart.

IMGP0076-1.jpg

Started to tear her apart:

IMGP0078.jpg

And found out why she didnt work:

IMGP0085.jpg

Whoever replaced the head neglected to put the key back into the keyway for the exhaust cam. :mad:

So are you guys just going to replace the key and throw it back in?

And found out why she didnt work:

IMGP0085.jpg

Whoever replaced the head neglected to put the key back into the keyway for the exhaust cam. :mad:
oh shyt! fail
So are you guys just going to replace the key and throw it back in?

hope not, too risky. have to pull the head to be sure and thats where they would be with the other eng anyway

I do know that Laser has a set of good heads on his old engine.

Hope your not going to try and use that motor, 32V is a zero clearance engine and more then likely it sheared the key, if the motor rotated with the exhaust cam stationary you most likely kissed a exhaust valve into a piston. At best a bent valve at worst multiple bent valves and damaged pistons.

That motor is gone today, we will be doing a head gasket on my old motor, cleaning it up and tossing all the painted stuff on it

and FFS!!! Laser no longer has his old motor..that thing has been gone for months..

Anyway, the key was not sheared off, it's simply NOT THERE, checked oil pan, looked in all the little nooks and crannies, no key... Some egg head didn't put it in, I have no idea who did the timing on that block, but it doesn't matter now

hopefully the Head bolts show up by Saturday

there will be a Painted set of Valve covers and Gen1 spark plug covers for sale shortly, if you are seriously interested in a set, you may request a certain paint color in PMs to myself or Laser (price of covers has yet to be determined)

Why don't you just use Laser's old heads..... :D

But anywho... for giggles if you have the motor on a stand, or in the cradle, you could crank the starter and do a compression test on the motor as it sits, if you stuffed a key in there. Just jump the starter with a set of jumper cables or something...

LOL wow!! do all that work and not key it.

Too bad you couldn't pull the head, inspect, fix, re-install the head, re-time.

It would have been a great learning tool.

It sucks wrenching on a daily driver, no time to do it the right way.

Your feet sore from walking yet?

I'm going to grab another motor...AFTER mine is running...we need something to play with, practice timing, and tear down and stuff.. A play-toy motor probably won't happen until taxes

Members online

Back