Sapperfires 93 blue on blue progress thread

It took 2 days because I detailed nearly every piece that came apart...

I will give you that much credit, it sure did look pretty.

wow you should really switch to a synthetic. the inside of that engine is nasty..... unless that is one from the Junkyard, then i understand

Its the engine from the car that was gotten from GMAN. Down side is that was the best part of the whole car....... which is why the cars shell sits with many many bullet holes in it now. :lol:

What's so different about the gen 1's that makes it take longer? 4 hours to remove valve covers? Took me like 30-45 minutes on the 2 gen 2's I've removed them from.

Just curious...

did you have to remove your booster and wiper cowl?

you dont have to remove the brake booster stop being rediculous. all you have to do is remove the long 13 mm bolt in the driverside motor mount and lift the engine up an inch or two sheeeeesh.

Its the engine from the car that was gotten from GMAN. Down side is that was the best part of the whole car....... which is why the cars shell sits with many many bullet holes in it now. :lol:

Upside is it was free... :)

Pull that dipstick out before you put the pan back on! We forgot when we did the one on my 95 and it sounded like a bunch of angry midgets with mallets in there. Turns out the dipstick got tangled up in there on the crank.
can that happen just from changing oil filt ad gask? I think I heard those midgets last weekend
:slam

gotta love thread reviving..since its up at the top now..what did you do with this car? is this the car you snagged the front end off of for your current 98? sorry wasn't around when this thread was big news.

This 93 is now a toaster/microwave/drier - take your pick
Every small part I could remove came off, which was pretty much all of it. I even have the 1/4 glass in storage. EVERYHING for Gen1 specific stuff is gone. I still have a couple boxes of stuff that'll work on a Gen2
The ECU for it will be going on a journey tomorrow morning
Most of the hood, and right fender and drive shaft are in my 98
Its enterior pieces and seat skins went to a new home.
Its entire suspension and exhaust live in Jackson's old 93

The engine out of the car I bought from Gman (was not free Big Mike) spun a bearing and I was tired of chunking engines at a car I didn't really like. It was a fast car and pretty when waxed, but I hated the old smurf color and no moon roof

The 93 that was gotten from Gman was pretty much a total wreck when I picked it up, the only thing on that car worth using was the engine and even it only lasted about 2 months after the install. Its carcass was shot several times with buck and bird shot (bird shot does MAJOR damage) a few slugs, and even a few arrows out of my Mathews Switchback XT went thru it

Members online

Back