Sapperfires 93 blue on blue progress thread

Yes, they were righty tighty, lefty loosey, threads on one side, place to grab with a wrench on the other side........

:lol: :p

Yeah they worked I guess. Havent really tested the motor. Have about 40 minutes idle time but thats it. I made Sapperfire tighten them though. I tourqued them down and then did the 90* turn. Went back to do the second 90* TTY setting and I thought for sure I was gonna snap a bolt or strip the block. Didnt realize it could take that kind of torque, was lifting the motor and stand. :lol:

Mike, thank you again for the bolts, no more head gasket leak.

I got a can of MAF cleaner and will clean that in a few minutes, and check the plugs and vacuum for leaks. It has a little miss, and doesn't accel like it should.

Since this car is being kept and swapped again I will add its updates here as well. This is from the new 93 thread:

Here are some pics. We are not quite done but tomorrow should be easy. Its taking so long due to how we had to do it. We had to pull the new motor then seperate it from the k-member, re-install the k-member, push the car out, push the new old car in, drop its motor, seperate it from the trans, mount it to the stand, pull all its covers and lines, put them on the new motor then mount it to the old k-member..... ugh.

So here is the new car devoid of its go power:

IMGP01622.jpg

And the pair of..... messes. The one on the left is the new motor with the old motors stuff on it:

IMGP0162.jpg

Here you can see the milk shake in the pan. I havent looked in the bottom end yet to see what the dammage is but both valve covers had water/oil where they cover the timing chains. It looks like the passenger side head gasket went. Glad I just replaced the drivers side one. :mad:

IMGP0163.jpg

When its done it should look like this:

IMGP01632.jpg

We got that bish together and she seems to be doing just fine. Swapped over the hood and all. Glad to be done with that car for a bit. :lol:

damn bill wow u guys are the :q:q:q:qT....... cant wait to finally meet the 2 that went to hell and can back

Nothing looks different, lots of pics have been posted of how it looks and sounds.

Yes. We like to call these "moving pictures" but then Rush made an album with that name so then we called them "movies" but then Nicolas Cage came around and ruined them so then we called them "videos" but then JayZ came out and totally screwed that name up so no we call them "sparz snook boom boom".
dunno.gif

I'll get a snook snook after a tune-up, needs new plugs and need to replace the O2s since they had coolant blown on them with the last motor

Are you using he cats off your first car?
If yes did any antifreeze enter the exhaust system?
Just wondering....antifreeze is hard on cats.
Could cause Issues.
Might be worth the effort to use the cats off of the car you bought from G-man.

The drivers cat is off the new car but not the passenger cat. Would need to have it done at an exhaust shop since we dont have a welder yet.

If I'm payin for a new cat, Ill save for a hi-flo. I want an entire new exhaust system anyway, my current one sounds great, but it's omg ugly and a pain to drop as a single piece

I eventually went somewhere and had them add flanges halfway on mine. Made removal 10 times easier

Yeah I'll add some flanges when I ever get around to installing bandrel bent pipes and cats and headers and a new X and mufflers and tips... And this...and some of those..

Hope our shop does well, and still allow time for personal work. I've been watching a ton of air brush "how-to" videos. I've got some really cool ideas for future works

Yeah I'll add some flanges when I ever get around to installing bandrel bent pipes and cats and headers and a new X and mufflers and tips... And this...and some of those..

Hope our shop does well, and still allow time for personal work. I've been watching a ton of air brush "how-to" videos. I've got some really cool ideas for future works

Yay back to some progress!!!

Went out to bills and stripped a few interior pieces from the parts 93. Swapped in the center console and driver seat skin and foams and cleaned em up with some mcguires leather cleaner.

Other than a slight VC leak, shes back to wonderful, idles perfect and feels great.. It's so nice having a nice running car again.. Thanks again to everyone that helped me out!

I'll get some pics up tomorrow

Members online

No members online now.
Back