Sapperfires 93 blue on blue progress thread

it looks great, but will it run???????????????????????????????????? if not, you can always put a piece of glass on top of it, would make a pretty coffee table lol!!!

it looks great, but will it run???????????????????????????????????? if not, you can always put a piece of glass on top of it, would make a pretty coffee table lol!!!
Yeah it will run just fine. Just swapped a head gasket.

He plans on a billet cap but the OEM one was broken and the Stant was all that was available and affordable. Was black which looked much worse but meh....... if anyone wants to send Sapperfire a billet cap for x-mas then I am sure he wouoldnt mind. :lol: :p :shifty:

I only ask because I don't know enough about the innards of the DOHC timing setup, but if you went through all the trouble to take the timing cover off shouldn't the chains be changed at the same time? Or do they not stretch like a typical timing chain?

He plans on a billet cap but the OEM one was broken and the Stant was all that was available and affordable. Was black which looked much worse but meh....... if anyone wants to send Sapperfire a billet cap for x-mas then I am sure he wouoldnt mind. :lol: :p :shifty:

I've got a few stock caps that I don't need. I'm sure they'd look great painted gloss black.

Didn't want to mess with the timing, this is not the final engine...I'll have to get another in a few months...
I just need the car running long enough to allow me time to get another car, so I'm not stuck without a vehicle

under better circumstances, like not being broke, the chains and tensioners would have been changed out, but as it be, someone else was nice enough to buy the TTY bolts that I couldn't afford and was not going to replace
there are many many things this car needs, none of which I can buy yet...along with registration,inspection and a set of tires, getting the abs fixed, still NEEDS at least a left head light...ect ect

Bolts should be there tomorrow fellas. Sorry about the long wait if I knew it was gonna take so long I would have got express shipping lol

Dude thanks again for the help. Waiting is all just part of the game.

the chains in that engine are fine, its just a bandaid repair doing the head gasket, jeremy would be a moron to go throwing new parts into that motor, like he said, all it has to do is get by for now. its rare the chains fail in these cars unless you are running it at the track every weekend and beating the piss out of it. no need to start replacing all kinds of internals on the thing, just get it running and drive it. i dont think you are doing it wrong jeremy i know your situation and you can only do so much!

I won't be doing any internals stuffs until the next block, which will be something more like what Driller has goin on. That will be a few months from now at best, maybe even into 2012, I've pretty much got the taxes spent on another car for the ol lady, a tooth that I knocked out, more contact lenses, tires and repairs that her new car may need

so far Jamie I haven't really dumped any money into this car that it didn't need..I didn't buy the radio or subs or amp, wheels were kinda free with a purchase of slightly used tires. If I had extra money to toss about, you'd have had some of it long ago.

Why did you knock her tooth out? lol. It`s expensive,....Lasik. It smells like burning hair when they do it. After they slice your eyeballs open. Good Times!

I knocked my own tooth out...and I can't afford Lasik yet..

Whats up with your drivers headlight bud?
Both his headlights are bad but the drivers side chrome is blackened and the housing is partially melted. :(

I baked them to try and heat the glue up but no go. I didnt wanna risk cutting it open and dammaging it to the point of no use cause its his only car and couldnt afford a replacement part if I did ruin it.

Several months back for his birthday I was gonna buy him a set of LSC ones on ebay that went for $200 but then was layed off. I figured I could always find him some latter but damn have the prices gone insaine on those damn things.

Back to work. All slid in pretty fast and easy..... guess doing it so many times helped.

There was an issue with valve timing, somehow the intake cam moved. So I retimed it and aligned it all back up. Nice knowing how to do that now. Just hope she fires up. :D

IMGP0112.jpg

IMGP0113.jpg

I really hate his fuggin car now. It was in the teens all day today with heavy winds so we both had frost on our bodies and it required many breaks. I touch ice on the mufflers and it dont feel cold, that tells me its time to take a break.

Anyway the fugger wouldnt fire up cause his battery was shot. So we throw my new Motorcraft one in there and the engine tries to catch but wont fire. Of course its flooded now and as I pull out the wet spark plugs I notice they dont stink of fuel. I was worried when I had that heavy rain last week that his gas tank was exposed to it. So there was heavily watered down gas. :mad: So we drain the system and try again. Finnaly! There was life! Idled great, reved smooth and is pretty quiet!

Tested everything and it all seemed fine. Had my smart charger try to pulse charge his battery and then we swapped the batteries back around. Fired his car up fine so that was that.

Then....... he gets ready to leave at 4am and as we shuffle the cars around his car stalls every time he hits the gas...... WTF? After a few retries to start it the car goes dead. I tested the battery and it was at 6 volts with a steady climb. Dead battery. So we swap batteries again but the car is flooded and some is still water so no chance of it starting for a couple hours. I ended up sending him home in my car with his dead battery in the trunk.

That damn car of his is a real bish. Lucky I dont have a working battery for it or I would go drive it off our new bridge. :lol:

wow u 2 are amazing .. u love him lol cause if u didnt would u really go through all this :q:q:q:q for nothing..... sappfire ur luck bro i dont have freinds like that i can trust in charlotte anyway...

LoL...If it weren't for that fuggin car I never would have met Bill...I consider myself very fortunate to have a friend like him.. It's weird tho.. It's kinda like we are twins seperated at birth...but more twins like Danny Devito and Arnold Swa-illbeback.. :D

LoL...If it weren't for that fuggin car I never would have met Bill...I consider myself very fortunate to have a friend like him.. It's weird tho.. It's kinda like we are twins seperated at birth...but more twins like Danny Devito and Arnold Swa-illbeback.. :D

Brotha from another motha???

Members online

No members online now.
Back