Hood scoop on 96 mark viii

actually i was kinda diggin' the 2 tone blue/black hood if the car had an equal paint job, when you had it first cut and pieced together. still, ive got the trump when i finally get around to it, at this rate it will be 5 years! LOL. i still have the shaker. functional. im still taking donations to help a fellow american who's down on his luck.:gr_hail:

The way too narrow rims, scoop, and stripe kill it for me..so pretty much everything that makes it unique..

I agree on the wheels from the picture but it may look better in person, I'm undecided on the black and yellow; I think I kinda like it.
The scoop looks great on a mustang with a squared off front end but I think the front-end on the mark rolls off to much, with the termi bumper I bet it would look tuff.
I know how much work it takes to do the hood so I have to give him props for that for sure. Everyone's taste is a little different and as long as the person driving it likes it; that's all that matters.
Sapp is right about the bond on the hood, done incorrectly it could be a mess, I remember seeing that hood in progress and if I remember right it was a body guy doing it. I would hope it was done the right way.

Hood

The hood is solid I have no problens . It's just black with gold metal flake not blue/black. It runs fine even with 12Lb's of boost. Yes my body man did it with a hood tha I picked up from Jamie.

20120805_171315.jpg

Here's a little more, been pretty busy having to do a little at a time, and this heat isn't helping. By the time I get anything mixed, it dries

when your sanding, to using high speed orbital d/a, hand,grit,etc.im getting ready to try the bumper idea i have.i know there is a material (mixture) for use on bumper/plastic type material thats not bondo, glass, it stays pliable when done, do you know what it is? im pretty sure you do, i just dont see it on shelves in auto stores.

I've seen some stuff used on that show Wheeler Dealers that's like mesh patch, but I don't know where to get it yet. When I do my bumper ill use glass

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, not in order right your words the are

Holy crap the lines on that hood is amazing!
You're doing an absolutley great job! Keep it going!

Damn sapp that hood is looking awsome, can't wait to see it on the car and in paint!

!

I've seen some stuff used on that show Wheeler Dealers that's like mesh patch, but I don't know where to get it yet. When I do my bumper ill use glass

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, not in order right your words the are

talkng like Yoda trying you are. no its like a 2 part mixture both were in caulking style tubes and he mixed them together it turned dark green. this was back in like 2003when i had a 85 5.0 ragtop that had that brown trim that went around the whole car at bumper level, but removed it on doors and quarter panels we did, he- he- he- he. used it on bumper to smooth it out he did mmgh, mmgh, hhee,hhee!
may divorce be with you.:D

talkng like Yoda trying you are. no its like a 2 part mixture both were in caulking style tubes and he mixed them together it turned dark green. this was back in like 2003when i had a 85 5.0 ragtop that had that brown trim that went around the whole car at bumper level, but removed it on doors and quarter panels we did, he- he- he- he. used it on bumper to smooth it out he did mmgh, mmgh, hhee,hhee!
may divorce be with you.:D

Yeah. we fence tree back door, some road and came up on a bus but stopped and reversed he he he he he door fell but mailbox was fiber glassed sideways with exhaust and then wife divorced me and I smoothed it out when she left. She turned dark green and wanted to come back but I was busy with something else on the roof but fell off and hit the fence and landed in the pool but my mailbox is fast with headers. smoothed it out he did and did he and they all did but never did. i did. who did..... nobody knows who did because i need a fukkin english class so someone can understand wtf i am talking about. DAMN!

Sapper, although I get daily pics of the hood on my phone, you are doing a wonderful job and it's going to be the best looking hood on this entire site. One of a kind and I don't see it being replicated.

yeah. We fence tree back door, some road and came up on a bus but stopped and reversed he he he he he door fell but mailbox was fiber glassed sideways with exhaust and then wife divorced me and i smoothed it out when she left. She turned dark green and wanted to come back but i was busy with something else on the roof but fell off and hit the fence and landed in the pool but my mailbox is fast with headers. Smoothed it out he did and did he and they all did but never did. I did. Who did..... Nobody knows who did because i need a fukkin english class so someone can understand wtf i am talking about. Damn!

yes!

Yeah. we fence tree back door, some road and came up on a bus but stopped and reversed he he he he he door fell but mailbox was fiber glassed sideways with exhaust and then wife divorced me and I smoothed it out when she left. She turned dark green and wanted to come back but I was busy with something else on the roof but fell off and hit the fence and landed in the pool but my mailbox is fast with headers. smoothed it out he did and did he and they all did but never did. i did. who did..... nobody knows who did because i need a fukkin english class so someone can understand wtf i am talking about.

I agree, that mailbox is fast with headers!

20120910_134744.jpg

Its finally Black. No clear yet, the entire car will get a professional paint job later, I'm tired of not having a hood on it

That is badass sapp..got any side shots of it done in paint? Can't wait to see your car done with the 1st gen nose and this hood, should look good!

Members online

No members online now.
Back