Black Knight Rebuilt...Another $300 Progress Thread

Glad you figured it out. Those random issues like that would cause me to go mad! I'm glad there are people on this forum who have the knowledge or experience to figure this stuff out!

Hey Greg, ever get another air bag for that steering wheel? I believe I have one that color from when I bought a whole steering column.

Hey Greg, ever get another air bag for that steering wheel? I believe I have one that color from when I bought a whole steering column.

I ended up painting one of the prairie tan steering wheels that I have. I would still want a black one though, as well as a good column and extra steering wheel. My column retracts in and out but not up and down. I am also looking for an extra steering wheel so I can send it for wood work.

Oh, my bad. I thought you had that prairie tan interior still. I only checked the last page and saw the pic. I might have that steering wheel though, a tan one, not in good shape. Interested?

For the most part, my car is done. I'm dealing with some sosmetic issues. Nothing I can't handle. Swapped in my newly acquired Vogtland springs, getting a matching steering wheel from Alexander. My driver's seat is giving me problems. When I am sitting in the seat, I can't get it to move under it's own power. If I give it a little nudge I can get it to move. Is there a way to get these motors to move more freely under their own power?

Yeah, rebuild it. If you take the track to an electric shop that does starters and alternators, sometimes they'll do it

Off With The Old On With The New

Well I figured it was time for black shoes.
84090F39-EFF0-43B5-9D65-EEF6A4C29DF5-6103-00000363B01AB94E_zps481015e8.jpg

sheesh...can you get TWENTY more?
jk..heckuva deal, I thought they were Cardones

You gotta have a core though.
ah yes...that's like about $70 each right there?... which raises the question, why didn't you just rebuild the ones you had? it's just a ring and a dust boot, right? I just did mine
P2280187_zpsc3cb648e.jpg

---
getting those from the JY set me back 150 though

I seem to be having a problem with my banjo bolt tightning onto the caliper. When I put the washers on both side and start to thread the bolt, it doesn't bet tight. It loosens up again. I took the hose off and tried just threading the bolt, it goes in fine, but not with the hose. Whats happening?

I bought M10X1.0. That's the size they should be. Right? The Cobra calipers have a 1.0 thread pitch. The Mark has a 1.5. I will have to tap the whole to us the other bolt. Also, the 1.0 bolt its shorter.
97AE3819-92A3-4449-8140-C4F1DD553FFD-6103-000003C1DE4AC262_zpsbee41efa.jpg

my Cobra (PBR) BB thread per inch > the Mark BB, the shaft girth is also greater than the Mark bolt, but not by 6mm like the bolt head is
--
P3090208_zps2564d3c9.jpg
Mark on the left, Cobra (PBR) on the right
---
P2280188_zpsfaeefed2.jpg
PBR left, Mark right
---
P2280189_zps9eb994e0.jpg
PBR left, Mark right
--
I have both sitting downstairs...my used Cobra front calps cam with the BB...cobra bolt socket is 16mm, Mark socket is 10mm

Members online

Back