Black Knight Rebuilt...Another $300 Progress Thread

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My first Gen 2 was Black on Black. I loved that car. Then the unthinkable happened.............................
d5467689.jpg

That was a sad day for me. But I never forgot that car. I've wanted another one for quite a while. The time has come to start this progress thread, and show the before and after and the transformation of my newest acquisition.
I picked this car up for $300.
064-1.jpg

065-1.jpg

So I loaded her up and took her home.
067.jpg

066.jpg

All this damage was done by running into the back of a Nissan Armada. The car hit just at the passenger headlight. The header panel was smashed, the bumper was toast the core support was pushed in, the hood was bent up. pretty bad. Luckily I saw a already cut front core support on Craig's List for $40, so I went and picked that up.
006.jpg

So I had my work cut out for me. I stripped out all of the damaged stuff, removed the condenser, radiator, fan,and all the front sensors. I sent the car to a a friend of mine to have the damaged parts removed and the new core support put on.
013.jpg

Now she is straight and all the panels fit perfectly.
016.jpg

More to come....:)

I have a whole slew of parts that I've collected. Over the next few months, this car is going to get a total transformation inside and out. As for preventive stuff, this car has had just about everything that everyone has problems with done. I really stole this car. The guy wanted $1000 for the car, but nobody was going to buy it with the damage it had. The previous owner has had this car in the shop for everything. I have all the receipts that he gave me with the car.
Rebuilt transmission....................$1200
Oil filter adapter gasket................$148
Left and right motor mounts $286
Transmission mounts....................$307
Firehawk GT 225/60/16 tires.........$472
Oil sensor....................................$20
Moog Strut Rod Bushing Kit............$107
Upper Control Arms Left/Right........$231
Lower Control Arms Left/Right........$308
Blend Door Control Module.............$186

This is all stuff that was done in 2011. :D

Wow, you really stole that thing. Wish I could come across a find like that! Why did the fire start in your old car?

Looks great Gman. Your an inspiration for all of us to go out and work on our cars.

Wow, you really stole that thing. Wish I could come across a find like that! Why did the fire start in your old car?

cruise control recall not done

^^What he said. That is exactly what happened.

Greg, play it smart this time. Keep a fire extinguisher inside the car. After what happened to me in the garage, I now keep one right behind my seat. If you had what I have now behind your seat, that whole day could have been eliminated. But.... Like me, you had no clue what was about to happen. There was no rebuilding mine lol. I am ready though if something like what happened to you were to ever happen, and it can. Nobody ever sits in my back seat so idc that it lays in the back floor board. I'm not going through another car burning down on me again. It sucks to loose something you put a lot of time into all within a few minutes.

Looks very familliar... except I hit a deer not an Armada. Glad you're bringing it back to life!

Core supports are soooo easy in these cars its rediculous

Looks very familliar... except I hit a deer not an Armada. Glad you're bringing it back to life!

Core supports are soooo easy in these cars its rediculous

Me you and Greg all lost our cars right about the same time and I think Laser did too. We didn't have a good year lol. It's all good now though.

Me you and Greg all lost our cars right about the same time and I think Laser did too. We didn't have a good year lol. It's all good now though.

Yep... sure did. And yeah I think Bill had the green one at that time that he lost.

Def a bad year.

Thanks guys, I know the deal was excellent. Regardless of the damage. Worst case scenario it would've been a parts car. The guy didn't know I had a lot of knowledge about these cars. Luckily for me, I had a black parts car with rear damage. So this really keeps my repair cost down.

Thanks guys, I know the deal was excellent. Regardless of the damage. Worst case scenario it would've been a parts car. The guy didn't know I had a lot of knowledge about these cars. Luckily for me, I had a black parts car with rear damage. So this really keeps my repair cost down.

I'm just guessing here but is that sig pic, the back of what we are now seeing the front of?

Awesome thread, looking great!

I have to say though, your description of the burning Mark picture ("Then the unthinkable happened...") had me both laughing and then feeling like a total ass for doing so.

What's up with the roof in the last picture? Sunroof issues? Or is that dented..can't tell.

The impact did something to the sunroof, and it's in the vent position. It wont go down. When I got the car it was taped up. I have another sunroof to go in.
DSC02198.jpg

Last edited:
The impact did something to the sunroof, and it's in the vent position. It wont go down. When I got the car it was taped up. I have another sunroof to go in.
DSC02198.jpg

Oh I see now..that's awsome tho, bringing another mark back to life! How's the paint on the rest of he car?

I'm still relatively new to lvc so I apologize if you've gone over this already..but was your old mark totaled? Because there didn't seem to be THAT much fire damage..looked like it was kept to the engine compartment..unless it got into the interior in which I could understand then..but either way I'd assume you salvaged a whole bunch of parts from your old car right? I know I would..

Members online

No members online now.
Back