What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I can has new rear glass! :wrench
IMGP0572.jpg

Clean seal =
Leg_Hump_emoticon.gif

Just used my 7 year old Spider Valve to air up my ride while Eddie sends me a new Compressor. Winter---just love it!!

Took the 95 to the Lincoln dealer today and had the recall on the cruise control deactivation switch done. Now when the garage is redone in the next 2 weeks, I won't have to worry about burning it again.

I was in and out of the dealer within 15 minutes. Why this has not been done already is beyond me. Anyway, it's done now.

Took the 95 to the Lincoln dealer today and had the recall on the cruise control deactivation switch done. Now when the garage is redone in the next 2 weeks, I won't have to worry about burning it again.

I was in and out of the dealer within 15 minutes. Why this has not been done already is beyond me. Anyway, it's done now.

Im having mine done on Friday, what does it look like?

Dropped front sub-frame and replaced oil filter adapter gasket. Since it was apart anyway I took time to fix a slow leak between the pressure-hose inlet tube and the rack of the steering system. All this was done over the course of 3 days.

Brake system maintenance this weekend.

Im having mine done on Friday, what does it look like?

The 95 is simple for them to do. It's right behind the fender well but if it's a normal Ford or Lincoln shop, they'll never let you stand there and watch. All they're doing is installing a fused link so that the fuse would blow before a fire could actually happen. It's a small piece, kinda hard to describe. I seen one pictured somewhere before. I think it was on the .org site but either way, you won't be waiting long on it. Really they had mine done within 10 minutes. The rest was printing out my paper for my records and for theirs.

I just added a performance part that will give me 30+ hp with ease when used with the included sticker. :D
And changed the front signal bulbs out for some non-yellow ones.

I just added a performance part that will give me 30+ hp with ease when used with the included sticker. :D
And changed the front signal bulbs out for some non-yellow ones.

Laser, you do something to that car every 5 minutes lol. We need to start a thread just for you that has the header "what have you done to your mark in the past 5 minutes"

I had to say it. I think ideas just set in your head like this
free-jumping-smileys-1020.gif
and then you pick one while it's sitting still hahahaha.

Well...I don't have a Mark, but this summer I will. I've been looking at 97-98 LSCs in my area and dreaming what I'm going to do with it!

Laser, you do something to that car every 5 minutes lol. We need to start a thread just for you that has the header "what have you done to your mark in the past 5 minutes"

I had to say it. I think ideas just set in your head like this
free-jumping-smileys-1020.gif
and then you pick one while it's sitting still hahahaha.

That about sums it up! :lol: I see something I want to do and then go do it! Problem is I have all these little things I want to do right now and then I look at the parts pile in my closet and think "I really should install all that stuff first"
In my closet right now I have a Trac-Lok, 3.73 gears, complete install kit, speedo gear, axle bearings, friction modifier and a 93 drive shaft. I also have a nice new X-Cal that says "LaserSVT" when it starts up but cant use it yet as its set for the wrong car. Then I have an entire brake kit sitting on my kitchen table.
So what do I do? I order the fuel reset, mileage, compass controll pannel cause the one I have has a couple chips in it. :lol:

Its hell living in my head, they never shut up. :( :p
^^^a fart can or an electric supercharger????^^^

Accel air filter. :lol:

its a 97 i dont have to touch the lights!!! trust me dude, i know what its like, my 95 bagged lowrider silverado had 5 % all the way around including the front windshield, totally illegal and totally sick looking, i could see fine at night with good old stock gm halogens.

my bad thought it was a gen1.

Just got back from the dealership for the recall and was informed my brake pads were toast.....lol....I guess i need to get ahold of Max and see how much the front rotors are......

At first they said they didnt have the time to do it, then i told them i called Monday to set up an apointment and was told to just bring it in on Friday. It took about an hour from the time i pulled it in to the service bay to the time i left. I hate the dealership, lol sadly thats where im hoping to get a job at after i pass my ASE tests.

Looks like the same ones I ordered. $49 shipped from Texas?

i finally did the back brakes on my 93, and painted the rear calipers to match the front. i have been out of town for a few days so i took advantage of the free time. soon as these damn cold fronts pass and the fog clears out i am gonna give her a bath and take some nice shots, i dont have any good pics yet and the car already looks totally different from when i bought it.

ALTHOUGH I HATED TO DO IT : I used the very front of the hood to balance myself hobbling between it and the front wall of our garage trying to get to the side door WITH THIS DAMN SPRAINED KNEE. Here I am in Fla. only til the end of March,it's beautiful outside and I'm nurseing my knee. SH**T !!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back