What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

why did you put projectors in it YUCK!!!!

well i got my new head unit in the mail today, putting the system together right now, still gotta get my components, and my JL's from terry. got this amp from him already, and the deck off egay. i also bought a blanket for the 97!!!

kenwood018.jpg

We have the same deck and I still haven't taken mine out of the box yet. Hell, I can just look at yours and see what it really looks like. I think they'll look good once installed and the interior colors are matched. I can't wait to install all of my system back in the 95 I bought from you.

I did install the new grille tonight and that :q:q:q:qer is like BLING!!

I love it.

terry i put my stereo in tonight and set up the bluetooth crap for my phone, its cool to just sit in the car and drive and talk to shari through the cars speakers! i put the mic in a spot thats hard to see so it doesnt look stupid. the stereo cranks, it takes a little getting used to, and adjusting the audio was fun to figure out but i finally did when i was coming home tonight. the lighting on it is crazy bright, i suggest hooking up your dimmer!! i also finished buffing up my new housings, and had my buddy billy who detailed my car, come to my shop to drop of my new 6000k hid's for the new housings. tomorrow i am bringing my rings from DLF and swapping out my headlights and hid's.

I put on the evap tray from laser's car. I thought I could save mine for someone, but it was in much worse shape than I thought. After that I pulled off the air silencer and tossed it in the garbage.

Today I replaced the throttle body on my 93 ... boke the bolt off in it ...

Then worked a bit on my 9 mm ford racing wires so they don't look like a plate of spaghetti ... (but Joey may like that) ...

Then swapped the Cobra R's from my 94 to my 93 ... Now need new tires for my 94 ... cool ..

:)

IMGP0942.jpg

Then added a lense for the display and show what that door is for. :D

IMGP0951.jpg

Those 12 second hubs didn't work. :p

Best run of the warm March opening day was 13.8 @ 99. :sleep:

Sixty foot times were ALL 2.0x. :rolleyes:

A lot of issues to sort out.

The alternator is not charging at idle, so I had to "idle" in the lanes at 1500 rpms to keep the battery up. That didn't do much good for engine temps.

Several down times at the track, but still managed 12 runs.

Need to sort out the tune and get the boat anchors off the front, plus a lot of homework.

Those 12 second hubs didn't work. :p

Best run of the warm March opening day was 13.8 @ 99. :sleep:

Sixty foot times were ALL 2.0x. :rolleyes:

A lot of issues to sort out.

The alternator is not charging at idle, so I had to "idle" in the lanes at 1500 rpms to keep the battery up. That didn't do much good for engine temps.

Several down times at the track, but still managed 12 runs.

Need to sort out the tune and get the boat anchors off the front, plus a lot of homework.

Bring that thing further east out of the mountains and get into the 12's.

well i did this yesterday, but by the time i got home it was late and my head was splitting so i didnt feel like posting!!
i got my headlights in from ASSEMBLYLINE, had to wetsand and buff them pretty heavy but got them cleaned up nice. i took my old headlights out, that wasnt fun!! the infinity hids were really installed very bad so removing it all sucked, i also had to carefully remove the strobe lights out of the old ones and install them in the new ones, i dont need them i know, but they do look cool! here are pics of the old headlights.

newheadlights005.jpg

newheadlights006.jpg

newheadlights004.jpg

and here is a few of the new headlights and the rings from DLF, and the new 6000k hids from my buddy Billy at HIDSQUAD in Clearwater Fl

newheadlights001.jpg

newheadlights002.jpg

newheadlights003.jpg

here you can see the difference between the Infinity hid's that were in the car, and the new 6000k's

newheadlights020.jpg

here are some of the install shots

newheadlights026.jpg

newheadlights023.jpg

newheadlights024.jpg

newheadlights021.jpg

newheadlights022.jpg

reinstalled new housings on the car with new eyebrows as well, mine were all chipped and nasty.

newheadlights029.jpg

newheadlights030.jpg

newheadlights032.jpg

newheadlights033.jpg

newheadlights031.jpg

newheadlights037.jpg

newheadlights039.jpg

and i finally got my other matching gauge in so i put that in as well

newheadlights007.jpg

newheadlights008.jpg

i put my new kenwood eXcelon headunit in too but i'm not posting pics of the system until i am finished.

ok where do I start?
Last Saturday- 4 wheel balanced, 4 Wheel Alignment(required outter tierod end) Oil Change, Ordered rear struts from Arnott, Ordered front Airbags/Struts from American Air..
Sunday, - 8 plugs replaced, 6 actually went in. Replaced all 8 wires.
Monday- bought Mirror from Jim.replaced 2 plugs and was able to get them to screw in.. Had CEL on I would assume for the miss I now have in the engine.. CEL went away on its own, then the Door ajar alert on display... Sprayed down all hinges and door pins.. Cleared message....
Tuesday, cleaned throtle body,bought new Serpentine Belt, Front left caliper, and strut rod bushings for frame....
Wednesday, looking into the headlight resurface.
Thursday will be out shooting Darts,
Friday - CAR day.. will spend all day putting in parts hopefully all parts will show up.
Saturday take car back to alignment shop so I can it redone due to strutrod bushings...

Enough done?

ok update******
I got the new suspension parts in and installed them friday, rides almost as smooth as new, I guess you have to take into consideration that the rims are not perfect and cause a little vibration at 90+.. also the tires arent new anymore so I bet the wear in them might be a bit of it.. anyway, got that done, regapped the plugs trying to find the miss, and restored the headlamps.. fixed front brake line to caliper, was leaking, new brass and tighten down good.
I will update the pics with the completed images as soon as I can find the damn camera!
oh yea, continues, Sat day of rest.. Sunday back to the car again. now I have a pronounced miss, and I have the CEL on. IAC error and lean bank 1..
Today I dived in head first literally... :(
I got the bolts out for IAC, found the TB gasket ripped up, took an hour to track down new one.. then the fun started.. putting in the new IAC, first off its a top mount connector differs from original. second I think I cross threaded the bolts back in... I did get it tight but,I guess it will be a complete intake system removal to get at it again.. oh yea replaced all the autolites with Bosch Plat 4 plus's. car idles good but I cant run her tonight to test I have to wait until the morning on my way into work to see how it is... wish me luck!

frontheadlamps.jpg

frontleft.jpg

frontright.jpg

I went to Alabama today to NoLimit95's house and picked up the extra engine he had for my 68 Mustang.......560 miles in 9 hours, what fun!!!

i thought you said you polished them hid housings bill? those pics dont look polished, are those before pics?

I did.. they are before pics, I cant find that damned camera! she must have it with her... I have the after pics and I must say for a first timer, I was extremely impressed....

very clear looking but there are small imperfections I will get out when I get new disc's... its the 3m kit and worked so very good... I will buy a nother kit, and then redo them again.. seemed easy enough, the tough part was getting the (I'm a dumb AS$) clear paint off of the lense first.. I thought it would help protect the lense from dulling boy was I wrong... would have made it so much easier...

I'll post soon..
Bill

I fixed my windshield washer button. I superglued a small light duty spring I bought at home depot into the back of the button. The spring is almost the same diameter of the inside of the button. I stretched out one end of the spring so it fit in there tightly and this caused the spring to fit offset to one side. When I pushed the button into the stalk, the spring caught on something inside the stalks center pivot and it stays in place. Some of the chrome peeled off so I took it all off and painted the button black.

Spent all day polishing the 8 rib tensioner by hand

03212010129.gif

While I had the stuff out I went ahead and did a quick polish on the blower and the fuel rails.

Still deciding what to do about my alternator, wiring, battery situation. uuuggghhh

Spent all day polishing the 8 rib tensioner by hand

03212010129.gif

While I had the stuff out I went ahead and did a quick polish on the blower and the fuel rails.

Still deciding what to do about my alternator, wiring, battery situation. uuuggghhh

That is teh sweetness! ^^^^^

Pulled the dash (almost) off the parts car. Still chasing down parts of the wiring harness to free the rest of it.

ok update******
I got the new suspension parts in and installed them friday, rides almost as smooth as new, I guess you have to take into consideration that the rims are not perfect and cause a little vibration at 90+.. also the tires arent new anymore so I bet the wear in them might be a bit of it.. anyway, got that done, regapped the plugs trying to find the miss, and restored the headlamps.. fixed front brake line to caliper, was leaking, new brass and tighten down good.
I will update the pics with the completed images as soon as I can find the damn camera!
oh yea, continues, Sat day of rest.. Sunday back to the car again. now I have a pronounced miss, and I have the CEL on. IAC error and lean bank 1..
Today I dived in head first literally... :(
I got the bolts out for IAC, found the TB gasket ripped up, took an hour to track down new one.. then the fun started.. putting in the new IAC, first off its a top mount connector differs from original. second I think I cross threaded the bolts back in... I did get it tight but,I guess it will be a complete intake system removal to get at it again.. oh yea replaced all the autolites with Bosch Plat 4 plus's. car idles good but I cant run her tonight to test I have to wait until the morning on my way into work to see how it is... wish me luck!

ok now I have some pics but not the ones from the camera... there are from my cell phone cam.. you get the idea.

cleaned nose.jpg

cleaned driver.jpg

cleaned passenger.jpg

frontheadlamps.jpg

frontright.jpg

frontleft.jpg

talked to the drive shaft guys about the little dent in my new drive shaft, they said they took off the front weight good as new, $20 under the table

Members online

Back