What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I went and looked at my new/used "borla" exhaust leaning against the shop...to be installed monday
played taxi for LaserSVT and heard his new borla system... Don't tell him I said it sounds like when you blow through a paper towel tube
j/k buddy, it sounds nice, kinda quiet until he gets on it

What did i do today........

P3260022.gif

Just waiting for the cash to buy the SR bushings and sway bar end links.

Put more of my interior in the car from cleaning the heck out of it.

Polished on my valve covers some more. :)

Hey jrherald420I got a couple a sets of those, and they look just like that too.... I SURE HOPE YOU HAVE GOTTEN THEM OUTTA YOUR TRUNK!!!

Put a new TPS on, she decided she wanted to shift out of first at about 4,000 rpm (going 40mph) and idle in park at about 2,000 rpm

Got my ASHAM installed finnaly after some tweeking and helped Sapperfire do his chit.

Fun day today.:)

First, I tightened the bolts up that I didn't tighten when I put my struts on...:rolleyes:

Then I pulled pretty much the entire front end off the parts car. Fenders, bumper, bumper pad, bumper brace, radiator, resevoir, alternator, thermostat housing and a few parts that I have no idea what they are.

All the brackets are going to get fancy paint on them, then go back on the 97. :)

Its nice to be able to work on a car that you don't need to drive the next day. :)

ohhhhhh....then sorry ;) and ok ;) lol

Im not too happy since I was told I need to drop 800.00 in rear upper arm n kunckle bushing....sucks!!!!! 81.00 x 4 for parts, then the rest labor - WHAT!!!! is that right!????

I changed out two of my coils #5 and #6 as indicated by the codes pulled when I took my LSC by Advance Auto Parts. Car is still stumbling or missing or idling poorly when hot. It runs fine when cool.

Took mine to Opryland Hotel in Nashville for a lil cruize around town and then parked her in a garage and got tore down at Coyote Ugly, and Bar Nashville, and Wild Horse Saloon, and of :q:q:q:q I cant remember the other one but I think you get the picture.

well today took some pics of the exhaust that iam getting install on my car, i can`t wait for tomorrow to get here 9:00 am appointment at the local muffler shop then take more pics.

had the alignment done and all wheels rebalanced, SO much smoother now, but still pulls a tad to the left, i may have it redone tomorrow

MsM8tress, most shop rates are $70 ave. per hour. you can get the bushings from Advance "TRW" or "Moog" are the best bushing brands to go with, i did the rear UCA to Frame bushings left and right for about $75, but i did the labor myself, only took me about 45 mins

Got some new Yokohama S-Drives today! :wrench
They seem to be wider then the Generals. :)

MsM8tress, most shop rates are $70 ave. per hour. you can get the bushings from Advance "TRW" or "Moog" are the best bushing brands to go with, i did the rear UCA to Frame bushings left and right for about $75, but i did the labor myself, only took me about 45 mins

Wow! for both arm and knuckle bushings? He is wanting 350.00 for labor, then 45 for alignment. Dang, I trust this place, and not sure who else could do, wish i could!!!!!

Yeah he is putting on Moogs.... dang, still wondering if I should have them do it, maybe I should ask why it will take them so long.

thanks Sapperfire!!!!

Wow! for both arm and knuckle bushings? He is wanting 350.00 for labor, then 45 for alignment. Dang, I trust this place, and not sure who else could do, wish i could!!!!!

Yeah he is putting on Moogs.... dang, still wondering if I should have them do it, maybe I should ask why it will take them so long.

thanks Sapperfire!!!!
Shops go by book time. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. 5 hours sounds right for book time and if all goes well it will prolly take him 4 hours and if not like a bolt snaps or something needs to be cut then it may take him 8 hours yet he still only bills for 5. Thats just how it is. Thats why if at all possiable to do myself then I do it...... or have a friend help. :D

I would love love love love to do it myself, but it would be just me and a few jack stands - not good! I trust this place, so I guess I will go ahead with it.

thanks for ur input hottie!

I locked my keys in my work shop and I left the car there :)

so there is sits. With its Anti-wheel theft activated :p I work in the ghetto!

locked up.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back