What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

damn and i was gonna laugh at the projectors, bah its bound to happen ford cant do it right every time either

I got the bolts out for IAC, found the TB gasket ripped up, took an hour to track down new one.. then the fun started.. putting in the new IAC, first off its a top mount connector differs from original. second I think I cross threaded the bolts back in... I did get it tight but,I guess it will be a complete intake system removal to get at it again.. oh yea replaced all the autolites with Bosch Plat 4 plus's. car idles good but I cant run her tonight to test I have to wait until the morning on my way into work to see how it is... wish me luck

get ready to swap those Bosches out... They don't last or fire very well in our motors, ID swap those for some Motorcraft... The right plug... And they're cheaper!

Today I replaced a small vacuum hose and now I thinky TB gasket could be leaking

I started my 94 and left my phone by it to allow Speed Demon to hear my exhaust ...

I also looked at my 93 and thought it would be nice to take it out for a ride ... but I didn't...

I got the bolts out for IAC, found the TB gasket ripped up, took an hour to track down new one.. then the fun started.. putting in the new IAC, first off its a top mount connector differs from original. second I think I cross threaded the bolts back in... I did get it tight but,I guess it will be a complete intake system removal to get at it again.. oh yea replaced all the autolites with Bosch Plat 4 plus's. car idles good but I cant run her tonight to test I have to wait until the morning on my way into work to see how it is... wish me luck

get ready to swap those Bosches out... They don't last or fire very well in our motors, ID swap those for some Motorcraft... The right plug... And they're cheaper!

Today I replaced a small vacuum hose and now I thinky TB gasket could be leaking
Wut? I thought we just installed Motorcraft plugs in it a couple weeks ago? WTF you get those POS plus 4's for? And was I right about the t-body gasket leaking?

Uh no, I C/P'ed that to comment on 96_Lincoln_lsc's post because he put Bollshyt Crapnum +4 in his
and his tbody gasket was leaking

Nice place for lunch ... Next time remind me to bring a bag for my head when we take your HHR

I replaced my left rear ABS sensor. Yay! No more ABS light and Check Traction Control display. Now I have to reinstall my rear seat.

Finished putting my struts and rear springs on.

Not sure about the ride atm. :confused:

And the check engine light came on......dang.

DROVE MY BOY!!!!!! and got to change the tire on my girl, she is such good little Mark, she waited until I pulled up in the driveway before it went!

Oh and thanks to chat last night, I disconnected...something...then couldn't get the hood shut....as directed by chicken, I PB-ed the crap outta the latch and he finally shut. But with the whatever disconnected the alarm still goes off w/i 30 seconds of arming it. should I re-connect it?

My door pad isn't working either, consensus in chat last night was that I'd need to go to dealer to get a module?? I will press the number, light on pad does not come on, but interiors do, so he's feeling me....just ain't letting me in! lol

Tomorrow I am going to go have tux's rear end looked at getting a clunking I'm pretty sure it' the rear bushing in the trunk....is that easy to do?

Picked her up from the body shop. Gotta say the Maaco we have here is quite excellent. The finnish and color is 20x better then the last shop. I am going to have them paint the whole car this summer. :)

Also dropped all my exhaust stuff off at the muffler shop so that they can do the install tomorrow. :wrench

Maaco!?!?!?! Around here thats the last place you would think about taking your car for any kind of paint work....
Yup and it was the last place I went. NOBODY in town would do it. Apparently there are different kinds of Maacos. There are only 50 nationwide that use the paint this shop uses which is supposedly the best of the best. Its the paint used on the Maaco Medusa Mustang thats on tour. I was looking at their full body jobs in the shop and was really impressed with the work done. They will completly blow my car apart and paint it similar to how the factory does. He showed me all the factory rubbish in the paint and said when they are done it wont have any of that crap in it. Gonna cost some coin though, even at Maaco. $3500

you get what you pay for...even AT Maaco.

Maaco has some bs "tape and shoot" packages AND they have some higher end packages that actually come out very well....but they are pricy as laser pointed out.

With that said.. the same 3500.00 would get you a "tape and shoot" BS job at the local ford dealership.

got my old caprice painted there.. it was only a 500 dollor job but it looked great.

Finally got that bull:q:q:q:q Mobil 5000 oil out of my car that Jamie put in before I bought it lol.

Now it has fresh Mobil 1 fully synthetic. 5 quarts of normal FS and one quart of extended life FS. Also a new Motorcraft oil filter. It already runs much smoother. I put 20 miles on it with the new oil and it even runs cooler now. It never ran warm btw.

Still loving the new grille too. That think made such a big difference. I need to get a pic of it. jrherald420 seen it when he came over last weekend. It was worth every penny of $318 to the door.

Check engine light went out!:D

Figured it would, I think my evaporators had to clear or sumptin.

B.jpg

Members online

Back