The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

how much would you have to have for the black one? just wondering are you in OK or TX, cuz i see you still have some oklahoma plates.
EDIT 100th post

Gonna give it a buff or just post er up?
Gonna be a bit before I can do a full detail cause I need pads and cant afford them at this moment. :(
What do you use to detail the engine bay?
Just good ol fashioned hard work..... and some Walmart brand engine degreaser.
how much would you have to have for the black one? just wondering are you in OK or TX, cuz i see you still have some oklahoma plates.
EDIT 100th post

Texas. Ill PM you.

And here are some pics I snapped of my new toy. :D

111.jpg

222.jpg

IMGP0297-1.jpg

IMGP0304.jpg

IMGP0299-1.jpg

IMGP0305-1.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

is that still on air? if so you need to lower it, right now, go do it. report back with many pics.

Not lowering it till I get the air ride sorted out. I need to replace the drivers front bag and both rears. After I do that and can confirm the system is opperating correctly then I will install the ASHAM8 for lowering duties.

i have to say as far as looks, i am much more in love with that car over the white, i'm not crazy for white, i can appreciate a clean white mark, but after getting rid of my white 97 lsc for black ones i couldnt go back to white, i love that gray, under my love for black gen 2's, i would deffinetly be able to own one that color for sure, i love it.

Thanks Jamie! I am really diggin this car. I am amazed how tight it is. Very quiet and solid even with bad UCAs and sway bar end links.

i wish you were closer so i could buff that thing with the good stuff and my meguiars electric D.A i can see spider webbing in certain pics, my car looked like that when i got it and it comes out so easy with my meguiars d.a. its so easy to keep up on mine now since i bought that little gem!

Laser... that color combo is my favorite. I am planning on painting my car that color gray with a black hood.

i wish you were closer so i could buff that thing with the good stuff and my meguiars electric D.A i can see spider webbing in certain pics, my car looked like that when i got it and it comes out so easy with my meguiars d.a. its so easy to keep up on mine now since i bought that little gem!
I have a Porter Cable buffer and Sapper has a polisher. I have the full line of Meguires professional products and clay. I just need a new Lake Country orange pad for the cut, a foam sponge pad for the deswirling and thats it. I have the wax and finnishing pads.

Oh well, down the road.

And yes Greg, the AVN5500 in the black car will be going in this one as well as the three amps and components.

i actually cut cars with my variable 9 inch polisher with a sheeps wool pad, it makes swirls, but thats what i bought the d.a for its takes swirls out like nothing, you can cut with the d.a too, but wool cuts 10 times faster, it also burns and wrecks paint faster too, so you have to know how to cut with wool, i learned in high school and have never burned through paint yet with my buffers, wet sanding is a different story lol i have made a few mistakes with sand paper lmfao.

i have to say as far as looks, i am much more in love with that car over the white, i'm not crazy for white, i can appreciate a clean white mark, but after getting rid of my white 97 lsc for black ones i couldnt go back to white, i love that gray, under my love for black gen 2's, i would deffinetly be able to own one that color for sure, i love it.
X2. This car has much more going for it than the white one did. I think when Laser is through with it it will be something special.

Gettin ready to do the system. Have the speakers and subs pulled just need to pull the amps and deck.

IMGP0309.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back