The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I am jumping the gun but am excited, so what! :lol:

This weekend will show some new pics of both cars but starting Monday is the big tear down.

The black car is losing its rear brace and exhaust to be installed on the grey car. Then I am pulling the whole stereo cause that too will be going in the Grey car.
After that I will be fixing all the rest of the front end problems on the black car and putting it for sale on here and ebay.
I am told its a solid car and Nolan is one very cool dude and very honest so I believe him. I will still shake it down to make sure its good to go for its next owner.

1998 Black on Graphite LSC with 120k. No stereo and needs a ballast for the neon which I may fix before its sold. Ill include a full factory system but I am not rewireing it for stock again since the car has been completly rewired.
It is fully sound deadnd though including the trunk.

IMG958176.jpg

Just noticed the exhaust tips are backwards so I will have the local shop cut off the mufflers and re hang them to get the tips on right cause I dont like how they are now.

IMG954190.jpg

IMG957863.jpg

That IRS brace is coming off too and going on the grey car.

Black car has a coil conversion already and all the controll arms and tie rods will be new so it should be a very solid car when I am done. Should have her ready to go by wed or thursday.

Now the grey car! It is EXACTLY what I always wanted. 1998 LSC with all options and black interior. Has about 104K on it.
Needs some front end parts and one of the front struts are bad as well as the rear bags. I have new fronts but will have to try and find some rear bags.
The front bumper also needs repainting but that will be way down the road. Only thing I am buying till the house sells are new rear bags.

Also have a new ASHAM8 for the grey car but have to figure out where to mount it. Prolly gonna make some kind of dash pod.

I have big plans for the grey car down the road. Forged, C-heads, intercooled blower, 6-piston brakes etc etc.

Here she is:

IMG_3078.gif

I hope he loves the white LSC as much as I still do. I was just outside cleaning the dust off the motor and doing a final inspection and I actually teared up some. :( That car has so much blood, sweat and tears in it its just nuts. Its the perfect car for my Gemini ass cause it has two distinct personalities too. :lol: Civilized luxury cruiser thats a very quick sports car at the push of the stupid pedal.

Also gonna miss that moon roof. Its simple but i really like how it automatically closes itself and how it has auto close as well as auto open on the button.
Its like the end of an erra for me but at least its going to a great home and will still be here for me to see from time to time. Although he is not as "show and tell" as I am so prolly wont see as many pics in the future.

I am thinking about blacking out the window trim on it. I am thinking a satin black that matches the metal trim on the doors trailing end by the window.

Caps are also going away soon and being replaced with the Lincoln Star logos I ordered from Mark 8 Muscle. May get black lugs down the road too.

I think if I blackened the window trim then it will give the car a little more current look.

Good luck with the new cars. REALLY hyped about all the new pics you will have of the progress.

Who are you and what have you done with Frogman?????

Try the search....don't ask questions. you should know that already. :D

I am lookin forward to seeing all that will be done,I always liked the white,and midnight grey marks! Lookin forward to lotsa pics!

Bitter Sweet, looked for the last 5yrs for a midnight gray LSC that wasn't trashed..... But leave it to Bill to accept my "heat of the moment offer" lol!

I'm pumped about getting his masterpiece and giving it a new home, we're both excited and ready to meet up!

Now that I can see the black cars wheels better I like them a lot more. In the sig pic they dont look right but in larger pics they look pretty nice.

Now that I can see the black cars wheels better I like them a lot more. In the sig pic they dont look right but in larger pics they look pretty nice.

+1

both cars look excellent. i like the multi spoke chrome wheels better in the big pics too.
that black car should be easier to sell than your white beast too.

What a day! Met up with Nolan and his father, both a couple of stand up dudes. Was real glad to meet them. We met at 3rd Base and as soon as I saw the cars sitting there I knew I would be happy. They both are in very good shape. Both drive great and are smoth.

IMGP0265.jpg

Got home and took a quick shop of the crew. :D

IMGP0267.jpg

IMGP0271.jpg

And five minutes latter:

IMGP0273.jpg

Pulled its brace and exhaust off for the grey car and pulled its wheels and lowering kit for Sappers black car. He gave me a lot of new Moog parts and I am glad I inspected them because they are T-bird LCAs and the grey car needs both UCAs bad. Fortunatly the black car had newish TRW uppers for a Mark so I installed the new Moogs on the black car and have the TRWs ready to go in the grey Mark tomorrow.

IMGP0279.jpg

IMGP0280.jpg

IMGP0284.jpg

IMGP0283.jpg

IMGP0275.jpg

I then went to grab the grey car and after an hour sitting with the air ride off this is how she sat:

IMGP0282.jpg

Drivers front bag is bad so I will also swap that tomorrow. Rears are gonna have to hold till the black car sells.

IMGP0286.jpg

The grey cars interior is pretty nice. I have to fix the button covers for the windows and some minor things here and there but its pretty good. :)

IMGP0277.jpg

IMGP0278.jpg

IMGP0276.jpg

So all in all I am pretty happy. I hope Mark8Murder is happy with his new toy too. :)
So after that we got the grey one up to slap the exhaust in and install the brace.

Oh yeah, on the way home me and Sapper decided to run them and the black car was considerably faster then the Grey car. That is no longer the case. :)
The grey car had a hole in the intake tube after the MAF and a bad vac leak on the hoses that feed the plenum to the PCV valve. Also the passenger side IMRCs were stuck closed. After fixing all that the car got MUCH quicker. :lol:

Wow! You guys got to rocking and rolling, looking forward to seeing the build man!! Mark8Murder is definitely enjoying his new toy! :D

I think the grey on black has become my new favorite Gen 2 color scheme after seeing those pics. Especially with the black speedstars. Wow.

Also, what's up with the bullet holes in the Gen 1? Hahaha...

Well I was planning on installing new controll arms and a strut on the grey car today but Sapperfire accidentially ran off with my 18mm so that has to wait. Just decided to wash the cars and get the black one advertized. I am about to go try and find a nice spot to take some pics of the grey car.

Can see the grey car really needs those UCAs. :eek:

IMGP0287.jpg

Also did a minor clean to its motor:

IMGP0288.jpg

IMGP0289.jpg

And here is the black one on her new shoes and suspension:

IMGP0291.jpg

IMGP0292.jpg

Putting her on craigslist now.

if you need rear bags I still gotz mine. They were in good working order when I took them off. Free.

Members online

No members online now.
Back