The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

Just finnished changing out the UCAs and drivers LCA so now all are new. Also swapped in a good drivers front air strut.

Now we are preparing to do the stereo install. :)

No, gave up. Too tired.

Got the UCA/LCA and strut done. Amps are wired and so are the subs but speakers and deck still need to be installed.

IMGP0310.jpg

IMGP0311.jpg

IMGP0312.jpg

IMGP0313.jpg

IMGP0314.jpg

IMGP0315.jpg

Very Noice!!! I wish i had more time I'd just drop the 98 off at your place and let you do my amp and sub install!

i know that feeling i gotta install all the components in my 98 LSC but i still need to make 6x8 to 6.5 adapter pieces

x2..Should be getting my 2 sets of comps in 2maro..Gotta make adapters this weekend and put them in if time allows..No rush as i dont get my amp or deck for another week anyhow.

I'm starting to like it too...now that I have blood+sweat invested in it...as well as 2 bee stings!

I just finnished mounting everything up and did a test run. Sounds freakin great but a little bass heavy so I am gonna go tune it here in a few.

IMGP0316.jpg

IMGP0317-1.jpg

IMGP0318-1.jpg

IMGP0319-1.jpg

IMGP0321.jpg

And thanks Sapperfire for all the help on it with the exhaust and stereo stuff.

Sapperfire is the one who mounted the amps and got the wires nice and neat. :)

where you guys at again??

I need to come down and check this out in person.

He lives near Corsicana,Tx...I'm in Waco

No prob bud, hope you're enjoying it... Oh and I'll be needing that spare bottle of oil...lol!

So I was outside tweaking my stereo and the house AC kicked on. I was instantly engulfed in several hundred bees! :eek:

After a bit they settled down and I could see where they were coming from, my house. :mad:

So all I can do for now is spray them down with dish soap and hope it kills all the little bastages.

IMG_20110414_180509.jpg

bill, if you want them dead instantly, go get a few cans of CRC BrakeKleen in the red can, bees breath through their body and brakekleen kills them instantly. we used to bring it with us into junkyards you almost have to have it!

Don't play rap music around them, they'll Africanize and kill you

wow thats some serious bug control lol and @ sapp thats a :q:q:q:qing funny...lol

I'd be careful those amps don't overheat upside down and up against the sub box like that. What do you think of the Memphis components?

I'd be careful those amps don't overheat upside down and up against the sub box like that. What do you think of the Memphis components?

Had them installed like that for a year and over 20K miles, not one issue and I played the stereo a lot! Had it 3 customer appreciation shows at my local stereo shop where it played for 4+hours at a time. Never one issue.

I like them. Never had Memphis before but they are very clean.

I am very anti-Kicker but am pleasantly surprised that the subs are tight and clean too.
All in all I am happy with the setup. Took some tweaking but the sound is excellent..... and very very loud. :lol:

Members online

Back