ripped camel's motor swap progress

derrik you just tried to call me, i will call you back at 10, i watch deadliest catch at 9 and dont miss it for anyone!!
and thank you all for the good words about me too, as pissed as i was getting i wasnt gonna leave him hanging, and i dont want more money, i just want the car gone, fixed or not, we need to resolve this soon i need my shop back i have so much :q:q:q:q stacking up because of this car!

, compression check, cylinders 5,6,7,8 all 210 psi, cylinder 1 was 180, 2 was 210, 3- ZERO, and 4 was 210. pulled the passenger valve cover off and this is what jumped at me.
rockerandvalve2.jpg

rockerandvalve.jpg

Glad you found the issue.

Even with #3 being dead, the numbers on #1 would have me concerned. Anything more then a 10% spread signals that something is amiss.

Sucks with all the time lost, busted knuckles, etc, but at least the answer is known.

he sits in front of the tv with a ice cold captains and coke and his bluptator hangin out .....rubbing it for all the boat captains....lol.....jk muffin!!!!

i'm taking a shower before i call you, unless you want to wait till tomorrow, there isnt much to talk about until you call the junk yard! i feel like i shouldnt link you to anymore junkyards, but we should have tried these guys first, anything in pasco is sketchy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Type
Source Vehicle
Stock Number
Cond. Code
VIN
Price Engine Assembly
1997 MARK VIII
1LNLM92V2VY643162
$750.00 Clearwater Automotive
1333 Starkey Rd
Toll Free# 888-902-1212
Largo, FL33771
P: 727-536-1111
F: 727-536-3662

Description Code Breakdown
4.6AOD
DNR-ELEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearwaterautomotive.com/asp/parts/details.asp?ID=10153998
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearwaterautomotive.com/asp/parts/details.asp?ID=10114385
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC, I'm glad to see the problem was finally found and I don't think I done any bashing on anyone in here. I'm not the bashing type, especially to someone that it suffering a loss. Well, I'll bash a stupid person and I even bash myself for blowing up my own car lol. Just like someone way up above me posted a pic of my burnt car. I don't even care about that car anymore.

I think if you put enough effort into it, you could make that junkyard take that engine back, pull it from your car and install one from another junkyard. Not knowing the type of sale / warranty you got with that engine, it's hard to say but just know that I know what it feels like to put a lot of money into something and then see it burn down in less than 5 minutes after owning it for 5 years. I put a lot of work into that black car and now it's gone. I wished I would have had your problem to be honest.

I promise, you'll get through it, just like I did. I'm still dealing with this :q:q:q:q after four months. I still have a double car burnt hole on the end of the house and I lost my car and then had no choice but to buy another one. No, I'm not loaded with money. I'm single and I raise a 7 year old son on my own and I have bills to pay but a car payment and full coverage insurance isn't one of them. I learned from my mistake and swapped insurance carriers to State Farm and they are right down the street from me. I also learned to leave :q:q:q:q alone in a car that I have never worked on before. :)

You can bash me back if you want but what you done was almost what I would call plain stupid and what I done to my car was utterly retarded. None of us are perfect and for those of you that think you are, :q:q:q:q you because you're not. All of us had ideas and we were throwing them around like dodge ball and someone finally got hit tonight by the ball. I just hope it works out for you and just once more, if it makes you feel any better, I went from this.

OutsideShots008.jpg

to this in less than 5 minutes, while I watched it.

Fire002.jpg

Ripped, That's a real Bummer man:( But, you WILL get through it. Put the past behind you and start moving forward. Best of luck.

Thanks nolimit. I have a 90 day warranty with that motor so they will definitely be giving me my money back.

looks like we are gonna have to start a " ripped camel's motor swap progress II " lol! damit. i wish i was a blind and deaf quad with aids right now!

looks like we are gonna have to start a " ripped camel's motor swap progress II " lol! damit. i wish i was a blind and deaf quad with aids right now!

For all of your bitching, you've got a lot more patience than I do, good luck!

lmfao patience, no, need my shop back, yes, what choice do i have, i swapped in a junk motor, the car is useless to him, so lets try it again, i'm trying to get a running motor back in his car, and get the f-ing car out of my shop, trust me doug, if you knew me, you would take back that comment, ask flawless, i have a very short fuse, i dont want anything to do with another motor swap in this car, but it needs to leave my shop running and running right, so we'll give it another whirl, this time, if it doesnt work, i'm absolutely finished, i think derrik knows that now too! even though we finally solved the problem and i feel better knowing, i am still stressed that i spent so much time on it for nothing, just to take it back out, so there is absolutely no more room for problems, i wont be able to control myself, i'll have this thing parted out faster that derrik could get to my shop. if it goes bad again i'll blow a gasket i garauntee it!

Jamie, don't use the phrase "part II" lol, use "The Sequel" :p

At least you don't have to do the transmission again but now you see how easy that was swapping it over to work with the 97. I know there is a lot of work involved but it is the 2nd time so maybe it will go much quicker this time since it's fresh in the head.

I guess the concept of a FPR is something you've missed......

oh i have not miss any concept.....but what i dont understand is whats the need to put a pump that performs so high if its just goin to get regulated down to normal pressure....braggin rights? lol.....

oh i have not miss any concept.....but what i dont understand is whats the need to put a pump that performs so high if its just goin to get regulated down to normal pressure....braggin rights? lol.....

basically...imo I can say that cuz i had a 255lph in my first 94 with no other mods.

oh but wait there is more....like i stated on page 6 about the dead cylinder causing poor manifold vacuum and causing the brakes to feel :q:q:q:qed up.....well poor manifold vacuum will also create................................................................................................................................false fuel pressure numbers due to the FPR being vacuum controlled! ........................................................

but on a side note with that dead cylinder, the motor was rockin like a autistic kid....lol.....

Its not about pressure (even though older worn pumps do lack pressure) Its about fuel volume. The 255 lph pump is capable of delivering as much fuel as the engine could possibly need and then some. That way at WOT or higher RPMs in general the engine doesn't starve for fuel and lean out.

Most of our cars that still have original pumps are probably lacking in both areas. The stock replacement cost just as much if not more than the walbro, Focus, etc. So I would imagine most people opt for the higher flow pumps just because they can for a reasonable price amd they will perform better than stock.

Surprisingly Pasco Auto Salvage was quite apologetic and didn't argue with me in the least. They said they will pick the motor up and give me a check for my refund. According to them usually they test their motors but some cars are in accidents that render them unable to testing. Honestly I'm a pretty good judge of character and I think he was being genuine on the phone.

So out the motor needs to come.

Nice edit, didn't really mean to piss you off, sorry.

On ripped's car, probably nothing. :p

But I was running out of fuel above 6K (the stock pump was either tired or undersized) and the Focus pump offers some insurance due to it's higher flow. And I have more mods planned.

Members online

No members online now.
Back