ripped camel's motor swap progress

Of all of LVC, I have the most respect for Jaime. He's a pretty stand up guy and out of everyone, i'd say he's single handedly done the most for the Mark VIII community. Good deeds don't go un noticed... I dont know when the world will make good on your kharma, but I bet its coming. Heck, maybe you getting your current car at such a great deal was a little pat on the back from the M8 gods... but who knows.

Blacklsc I appreciate that you were trying to stand up for me, but Jamie did everything he really could have done. He didn't do the cheap fix because he didn't want me to be stranded anywhere and wanted to get it done right for me.

Honestly words I type on this forum wouldn't really cover how much I appreciate Jamie's relentless help. He's done everything he could and more to help me. The motor was kind of an oversight but not on his part, on the yards part. He opened it up from every angle and put new gaskets on...the internals looked good, and swapped with the stuff that worked on my motor should have been perfect. But it didn't work out that way.

Honestly if you knew me and my life story you would know I don't trust almost anyone in my life not even my own father. I honestly can say Jamie is someone that has absolutely earned my trust. I don't see him as someone that I've done a business transaction with, I see him as a true friend. He's a good guy that's doing what he can to help.

It doesn't hurt I get to spend all that time under the car with muffin too ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, Thank goodness my my junkyard motor was not a dud :p
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_7797.jpg

Last edited:
The terminator struck again. Jamie texted me with a picture message a little while ago that he already has my engine out. Started at 5:30pm and it was out by 8pm!

yup, its out, we even had time to suck down a few cold beers and stare at the bitch! i cannot believe that my shop looks exactly the way it did last friday, k member out, car taken apart, and motor on the engine stand!!! like deja vu!!
tomorrow morning i'll have all the new and swapped parts off the bad motor and have it strapped to the pallet again ready for pick up. i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo f-ing happy i can get some sleep tonight. off to the shower now, turn the ac down a little cooler and go to sleep. thanks dan and derrik for the kind words too, ass kissers!!!! i'm kidding!

tomorrow i'll strip this down to the condition it was in when they delivered it, but here is the junk one again, round two ding ding ding!!!!

derrik7.jpg

Are all those gaskets and seals you replaced lost then or was the junk yard helping with the cost of them also?

Can you PLEASE cut off the part of the harness that goes under the COP covers and sell them to me, PLEASE :D I am trying to get the :q:q:q:q together to do a COP swap...

not sure if it was covered but did camel get a refund on the motor?

yes he did, he also got reimbursement for fluids and stuff spent on it that obviously wont be re-used, the oil its so trashed already it is full of gas you can smell it. dan i'm not cutting anything off it i dont need any problems from the junk yard, but i did tell you like 2 months ago that i had other 97-98 engine harness's i could do that from, but you said you needed to get funds together, so thats as far as i went with it.

that was a blast.....last night.....suprisingly that is the first mark 8 motor have a pulled out and it was pretty easy.....would been alot faster witha lift but hey me and muffin got it done.....ya we started at 5:30 and was done about 8 ish.....its too bad that motor was a dud it was a nice looking motor internally....now that new motor needs to hurry up and get here, so me and muffy can put it in! i wanna hear that mark purr again!.....well back down to the shop to help muffin rip the parts and acc. off the bad one and get it on the pallet....

well, me and jake took all the crap off the motor today that wasnt included with it, only thing i got left to do is take the oil pan gasket back off, then throw the heap on the pallet and wait for them to pick it up. it was 93 today and humid as hell it drained me. after i worked on that motor i went on my shop roof and cleaned my 4 skylights to let more light in the shop during the day. no reason to have the lights on if we have natural light blocked by a little dirt! it was like being in a microwave up there its a galvenized tin roof, wow was it hot and bright!!

well, me and jake took all the crap off the motor today that wasnt included with it, only thing i got left to do is take the oil pan gasket back off, then throw the heap on the pallet and wait for them to pick it up. it was 93 today and humid as hell it drained me. after i worked on that motor i went on my shop roof and cleaned my 4 skylights to let more light in the shop during the day. no reason to have the lights on if we have natural light blocked by a little dirt! it was like being in a microwave up there its a galvenized tin roof, wow was it hot and bright!!

Nice work! Baking on a roof usually does drain...well...anyone. Maybe you should find a better place to hang out than the roof of the shop Jamie ;) HAHAHAHAHA

Well, I wanted the harness peices but I didnt want to pay for a whole harness... I was hoping for something that was maybe junk...

derrik, when did pasco say they would be at my shop? did they give you a time, because in order for me to make sure they get it, and i get the check, i might have to take tomorrow off from work, i dont want to, but you are :q:q:q:qing me all up over this :q:q:q:qty motor. god i cant wait till you take this pos out of my shop lol!

Dont you have his phone number you :q:q:q:qing drama queen? :lol: :p

JK, but seriously. :D

Whatever. I was just removing the rest of the stuff from my 97 and my buddy said "Hey, dont someone need a COP harness?" as we threw mine on the ground.

Chill out, I was merely teasing you. Apparently the smiley didn't insinuate the sarcasm......If I wasn't busy now with studying for my finals tomorrow I would hit you with a few fail pictures ;)

derrik, when did pasco say they would be at my shop? did they give you a time, because in order for me to make sure they get it, and i get the check, i might have to take tomorrow off from work, i dont want to, but you are :q:q:q:qing me all up over this :q:q:q:qty motor. god i cant wait till you take this pos out of my shop lol!

Jamie I gave them the exact time you told me between 10am and 4pm because "matt will be there then" according to you. I asked you specifically when the motor would be out, when it would be ready for pickup, and what hours I should tell the junkyard. I'm sorry if it messes up your work schedule, but that is why I asked you before the weekend so I was able to plan things out so they ran smoothly and so you didn't get inconvenienced.

Jamie you know I don't try to f you on time. I am practically up your a s s anytime we are making plans because I don't want their to be any hiccups, nor do I want anyone to get screwed. So I abided by the time constraints you gave me. Sorry bud.

Members online

No members online now.
Back