ripped camel's motor swap progress

Sure, on my way out now. Ill try and not eat it on teh way but you know how kittens love cheesey burgers.

match.jpg

+
gas-can1.jpg

=
Fire0006.jpg

ok, ok enough of all the bickering and bull:q:q:q:q, i found the problem, and as soon as derrik gets out of school tonight the :q:q:q:q is gonna hit the fan. the engine is junk. after work i went and spent another 70 bucks of my own money and bought a fuel pressure tester kit, honestly never needed one until now, so it was a waste of money pretty much, now i can just say i have one more :q:q:q:qing tool in my box, did a check, fuel pressure was around 35 to 40 running, so that was fine, next in line, compression check, cylinders 5,6,7,8 all 210 psi, cylinder 1 was 180, 2 was 210, 3- ZERO, and 4 was 210. pulled the passenger valve cover off and this is what jumped at me.
rockerandvalve2.jpg

rockerandvalve.jpg

this motor obviously sat for a long time, or, when the car was crashed someone floored the piss out of it. derrik was there when i turned the key for the first time, the motor houd a loud tick coming from under the passenger valve cover, and the longer it ran, the quieter it got, thats because like a hammer and a nail, the piston finally knocked the valve up high enough to not touch it anymore. the valve is bent, this motor is junk, derrik better get on the phone with pasco auto salvage and let them know they sold him a :q:q:q:qing boat anchor. this sucks, but i have a huge weight off my shoulders now knowing its not my screw up. i knew it wasnt me the whole time, and i am so glad i found this, now i feel 100 times better, not because of the problem, but knowing what it is, and thanks for the pm charlie thats funny you sent me that tip, as i was discovering the exact same thing as you sent it!!! ugggggggggggggggggggggggg jesus christ.

Do you have a suggestion on how to fix the problem with this engine?

again?

have you been trying to HELP in this issue to any extent..or did you just show up to gawk at the train wreck it's become?

I have a suggestion to help the issue for both parties involved, and that is for us, and more specifically you to quit carrying on about it. Nobody needs more stress than they already have, and you escalating the hell out of the situation and continuing to go after Camel is NOT doing Jamie any favors. You made your point, it should've stopped there.

oh and for those who are going to ask, when i had the valve covers off, this rocker was not in the head, so dont ask why i didnt catch it, because i would have, the second i turned the key, it must have dropped off, which means the valve was already bent, or, a lifter was collapsed and allowed the valve to drop as soon as i turned the key and got tagged and bent, either way, this is nothing i had anything to do with, just want to get that clear before the questions start flying.
charlie sent me a tip about the rockers, if a head or motor is turned over and the cam is in a certain position where the lobe is off the rocker, a rocker can fall out, i did have the motor upside down, to change the oil pan gasket, after i flipped it back over, i did the valve cover gaskets, you can clearly see in this picture, that the #3 cylinder rocker arm is still in place, this is the one that fell out, so its plain as day that i didnt cause the rocker to fall out, just another thing i want to point out before anyone tries the blame game, look in this pic and you can see all 4 of the exhaust rockers
derrik4.jpg

Damn Jamie, that :q:q:q:qing sucks!

Man, I'd be so pissed that I'd go down there and start hitting people. :mad:

Useless bastards completely wasted your time.

I have a suggestion to help the issue for both parties involved, and that is for us, and more specifically you to quit carrying on about it. Nobody needs more stress than they already have, and you escalating the hell out of the situation and continuing to go after Camel is NOT doing Jamie any favors. You made your point, it should've stopped there.

dickhead...AGAIN..i have been fielding numerous PM'S and LONG DISTANCE phone calls...so unless YOU have a dog in this hunt step the fuccck off my nutz.

if ripped camel didnt want my fuccking opinion he should NOT have asked.

same goes for the three OTHER people TRYING TO HELP who have been BURNING UP my damned phone.

i told ripped camel YESTERDAY that i thought the motor was hurt...and then he jumped back at me with "jamie doesnt think so" blahblahblah

he's been playing ALL THREE ENDS againsy each other, using comments from all three ends to debate with the other two...

sorry if I get a little miffed when someone wastes my time asking questions then wants to use other peoples words to argue with me

with that said, unless you need to get my foot further in your azz I will bow out of this...as I had enough of my time wasted.

but I do have time to come back and kick you further in the azz if you need it.

Really??

He's playing this sad version of "whimpy" from Popeye.

I'll glady help you in the future if you'll bail my azz out right now.

and this bail out in the future depends on the guy successfully completing school and actually living out his "dream" of becoming a lawyer.

then.. in order for this to be even a consideration...Jamie would have to DO SOMETHING that would require a lawyers assistance.

So..I guess if Jamie decides to rob a bank and needs a lawyer, then IF ripped camel DID make it to lawyerdom THEN he could "bail jamie out".

I dont think Jamie needs to wait on someones "dream" to be fulfilled before being compensated for his efforts and labor.

I'll gladly pay on thurrssday for a hamburger today..THAT IS IF.. I learn how to print my own money...

m'kaay.. I'm Wroooong and your right.. I digress

Sorry XLR but that is quite ignorant of you to state. I've appreciated the help through pm's you've tried to give me but there is no reason to sit there and try to flex your internet muscles at me calling me whimpy from popeye etc. that's quite a sackless move on your part!

Say all you want about me becoming a lawyer, you have no clue who I am or what I've gone through in my life so don't write as if you know me. Say what you want about my schooling, but I can tell you this, and even show Jamie so another set of eyes on here is proof....

I got my AA degree in a year and a half when the degree is supposed to take two and a half to three years to get. I managed to be on the presidents list multiple times in the process. Meanwhile I was attending to my toddler which any stay at home parent will know it is IMPOSSIBLE to do any deep thinking when every 3 minutes requires either interaction, or parenting of some sort. So taking on 18 credit hours and doing all of the homework at night, then waking up early for my son is no easy feat!

I just started my BA this semester and will be halfway through it already at the end of summer. That means I'll be poised to graduate next summer. Next fall is when I'll be starting law school. Even if it fell through I would have a BA with a double major (philosophy and criminology) and would go for a masters in one of those fields then. But that is only if law school fell through. Even then I would be making a substantial amount of money with a masters degree.

I never said I would pay him in the future for his efforts. I said I wouldn't forget his efforts and would pay him back either through a favor or help or maybe even buy him something cool for his car when I have the money.

that was a awesome discovery tonight muffin!......good times!!!!! that is another reason the brakes feel :q:q:q:qed up ....throws the manifold vacuum off. the other thing that is sad is that focus fuel pump is rated at 35-70 psi and it isnt even putting that out!. well another eventful afternoon/night at lincoln auto parts with my muffin!

I'm really glad you guy's figured this out, I was stewing about this thing all day. On a side note, I think we should all just shake hands, and put this one behind us. Its gotten kind of ugly in here.

just remember you live and learn from your and others mistakes. was not anybodies fault except the junk yard! derek may not be the smartest guy when it comes to vehicles (no offense derek) but he tries and is willing to learn and get involved.....and remember we all started with no knowledge whats so ever.....sucks it had to happen like this and to derek and his family.....but life goes on....

Sorry XLR but that is quite ignorant of you to state. I've appreciated the help through pm's you've tried to give me but there is no reason to sit there and try to flex your internet muscles at me calling me whimpy from popeye etc. that's quite a sackless move on your part!

Say all you want about me becoming a lawyer, you have no clue who I am or what I've gone through in my life so don't write as if you know me. Say what you want about my schooling, but I can tell you this, and even show Jamie so another set of eyes on here is proof....

I got my AA degree in a year and a half when the degree is supposed to take two and a half to three years to get. I managed to be on the presidents list multiple times in the process. Meanwhile I was attending to my toddler which any stay at home parent will know it is IMPOSSIBLE to do any deep thinking when every 3 minutes requires either interaction, or parenting of some sort. So taking on 18 credit hours and doing all of the homework at night, then waking up early for my son is no easy feat!

I just started my BA this semester and will be halfway through it already at the end of summer. That means I'll be poised to graduate next summer. Next fall is when I'll be starting law school. Even if it fell through I would have a BA with a double major (philosophy and criminology) and would go for a masters in one of those fields then. But that is only if law school fell through. Even then I would be making a substantial amount of money with a masters degree.

I never said I would pay him in the future for his efforts. I said I wouldn't forget his efforts and would pay him back either through a favor or help or maybe even buy him something cool for his car when I have the money.

Off topic: I would skip law school and go for a masters instead. I thought of law school after I got my CJ degree, and found it was not worth the expense. There are too many lawyers and not enough positions, and unless you are in a top tier school and then in the top 5% of your class you won't get any offers. Many lawyers were laid off during the recession, around here there were over 1000 laid off. I have a friend who graduated from Law school and was unemployed for over a year before she decided to go in the Air Force for J.A.G.
More often than not lawyers do not make big bucks. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I already traveled down that road.

Its like a massive 20 car pile up with multiple fatalities. You know you shouldnt stare and should feel ashamed that you are being entertained by it but for some reason you just cant turn away.

Ripped, thank you mang. I have seen some chit on teh web sites I hang at but for the first time I dont feel too bad about my issues.
This is such an expensive lesson I would hope you learn something from it all.

Jamie, I give you crap but you know I have respect for you and when I read your posts I actually listen. :p
You have really gone out of your way by a large margin. Thats why I love this site. Meet some real first class people here that will give you the shirt off their back.... just dont cross them cause the will set it on fire while you wear it. :lol:
SVO went above and beyond for me too and wouldnt take more cash so I offered presents and also payed it foreward to others like Sapperfire and twinbipo.

I was talking to Tommy earlier and he semed like he was really trying hard to find out the issue with Ripped's car too. That was a big step for him to see somebody do something so dumb yet offer to help instead of bash. :p

So whats the next step? Hope that the JY has a replacement or will refund then try and locate another?

Wow. That motor looks like it had the "DEAD ON" head mod done to it too!

Congratulations on finding the problem. (Sorry for what it means now though)

If that JY is a reputable one and Jamie can make up an invoice they MAY be willing to provide some kind of labor claim towards replacing the motor AGAIN.

Best of luck to everyone directly involved in this one!

if the junk yard doesnt have a replacement i know where there is a few 2nd gen marks at a very clean and reputiable junk yard....jamie knows cause i was tellin him about it the other day.....he needs to contact the junk yard and see what they say about a warranty and etc.

it seems like everyone is just down camels neck. cut the guy a break. just because maybe you can afford to pay jamie all that he really does deserve, doesnt mean you have to make ripped feel like a worthless peice of sh!t. yeah he is a grown man but he has feelings too, i assure you that he feels terrible so is it really neccesary for us to rub it in? i know im gonna hear it from xlr and sheit but i dont really care. all im saying is cut the guy a break and back off.

Thank you.

Thanks and I agree.

dickhead...AGAIN..i have been fielding numerous PM'S and LONG DISTANCE phone calls...so unless YOU have a dog in this hunt step the fuccck off my nutz.

if ripped camel didnt want my fuccking opinion he should NOT have asked.

same goes for the three OTHER people TRYING TO HELP who have been BURNING UP my damned phone.

i told ripped camel YESTERDAY that i thought the motor was hurt...and then he jumped back at me with "jamie doesnt think so" blahblahblah

he's been playing ALL THREE ENDS againsy each other, using comments from all three ends to debate with the other two...

sorry if I get a little miffed when someone wastes my time asking questions then wants to use other peoples words to argue with me

with that said, unless you need to get my foot further in your azz I will bow out of this...as I had enough of my time wasted.

but I do have time to come back and kick you further in the azz if you need it.

Sorry to burst your bubble XLR but part of forming intelligible thoughts includes exchanging information. You came up with an idea, I told you the what was told to me, not to pit anyone against anyone, but in fact so we weren't beating a dead horse. Looks like you were right with your first statement.

I just don't appreciate how you try to make me look like I'm playing anyone against anyone. Anytime anyone mentioned something via pm to me I would tell Jamie and vice versa. I was merely trying to find an answer to the problem. where you are getting that I was trying to debate is ludacris, it's called exchanging information. That is how people solve problems :rolleyes:

Edit: however I would like to add I truly do appreciate your help and am sorry you feel I was trying to play you or anyone else as that was not my intention whatsoever.

just remember you live and learn from your and others mistakes. was not anybodies fault except the junk yard! derek may not be the smartest guy when it comes to vehicles (no offense derek) but he tries and is willing to learn and get involved.....and remember we all started with no knowledge whats so ever.....sucks it had to happen like this and to derek and his family.....but life goes on....

Thanks bud. Yeah it's completely the junk yards fault. They are going to be getting bashed with my legal stick. That is how I received my first discount as I cited them business laws. They are so getting the stick on this!!

like i said if worse comes to worse get a refund and contact clearwater automotive.....i was on there site the other night and they got a few 2nd gens and they are super clean junk yard and very reputiable....just a thought

Members online

No members online now.
Back