ripped camel's motor swap progress

yes...duh...buying a junkyardmotor has risks.

I out a JY motor in my car..but i got to hear and see the motor RUN before i decided to use it.

no one could predict this would occurr with this engine due to the non-running state it was in when you got it.

the ADVICE you received was sound...
the possibilty of getting a bad motor isnt something you can "blame" on LVC.

yes...duh...buying a junkyardmotor has risks.

I out a JY motor in my car..but i got to hear and see the motor RUN before i decided to use it.

no one could predict this would occurr with this engine due to the non-running state it was in when you got it.

the ADVICE you received was sound...
the possibilty of getting a bad motor isnt something you can "blame" on LVC.

I'm not blaming it on LVC. I'm saying the finger is being pointed at me because the installation didn't result in an immediately started and perfectly running car. Jamie himself said his buddy thinks the motor isn't the problem. So that means something else is at play.

So again what I'm saying is I took the advice to go the original route and leave it in his hands, rather than the C head swap.

Either way I wouldn't expected from either route I took to receive the car back in the same non-running condition as when i sent it out.

Not everyone, but a good portion are just saying to dump it off on me now because the advice didn't pan out. What I'm saying is if someone is to give advice stand behind that advice. If it doesn't work then do what it takes to make it work.

An installation of a motor constitutes in working form. It's hardly in working form now.

the engine IS installed.

the engine you bought...jamie cannot be held responsible for the condition of the USED/UNKNOWN ENGINE.

even IF jamie suggested the salvage yard to purchase the motor from does not make jamie responsible for the proper operation of a junkyard motor.

both the car OWNER AND the engine installer should have known and accepted the possibility of getting a bad engine.

you should be getting a refund or replacement motor from the salvage yard, due to the non-running status of this engine.

Dont get all pissy trying to blame us for giving you good advice, just because the budget motor you found..was junk.

the engine IS installed.

the engine you bought...jamie cannot be held responsible for the condition of the USED/UNKNOWN ENGINE.

even IF jamie suggested the salvage yard to purchase the motor from does not make jamie responsible for the proper operation of a junkyard motor.

both the car OWNER AND the engine installer should have known and accepted the possibility of getting a bad engine.

you should be getting a refund or replacement motor from the salvage yard, due to the non-running status of this engine.

Dont get all pissy trying to blame us for giving you good advice, just because the budget motor you found..was junk.

I'm not pissy. I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed.

Jamie said they are almost sure it's not the motor so why would I try to return it? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not pointing fingers at any of you guys nor Jamie. I'm merely saying don't be chanting for the guy to give up on me because things didn't work out perfectly. Rarely do installations go perfectly on anything.

it doesn't sound like any internal problem to be sure you should do a compression test on it but its probably fine you should at least check the fuel pressure if Jamie didn't already do that

Not everyone, but a good portion are just saying to dump it off on me now because the advice didn't pan out. What I'm saying is if someone is to give advice stand behind that advice. If it doesn't work then do what it takes to make it work.

"I" am saying it's in your court now.

you couldn't install the engine.Jamie has the engine in there.
troubleshooting driveability issues..he has gone ABOVE AND BEYOND.

he should have yanked it back out at the first sign of problems...and sent it back to junkyard.

I dont know HOW much extra work you expect from Jamie to fall under his "less than profitable, giving you a good deal" Price Quote.

I'm fairly certain he has spent your money twice...meaning spent twice as much time on the car as he's getting paid for.
He's mentioned that a couple of times... and your reply is.

"Jamies hard work wont be forgotten"

Jamie doesnt want to be REMEMBERED..he did not DIE in the 911 attack.
Jamie just wants/NEEDS to be paid a fair price for his efforts.

this scenario is well outside a "motor install"

I'm sure hoping Jamie will help me alleviate this, and if my intuitions are correct I'm thinking he will because he is a genuine person. His heart is in the right place. I don't think he will leave me high and dry which is why I entrusted this whole thing to him in the first place.

high and dry is a two way street.

Currently jamie is right in the middle of "high and dry" street..and NOBODY is bailing him out.

have you offered to pay Jamie for all this "additional work"?

he very easily doubled the amount of labor that he had quoted the price for.

have you spent 1K in labor?

If not, Jamie has still saved you money...you would have paid 1000-1500 or more at just about ANY shop.

Jamie needs a bonus... without a doubt.

Give Jamie a few days, maybe weeks away from this POS.

He worked his ass off.

If it was my car in my garage it would sit until I had time to think about what the hell would make it run pig rich without throwing up codes.

He has done everything right trouble shooting it so far.

Don't forget these cars suck, its not a car for someone trying to get by in school.

The base engine is fine i'm sure... think about it, the vehicle "ran" before all this. Think about the parts you have changed. A motor, which i'm sure is fine, and a fuel pump... among other things... please go check the fuel pressure first chance you get.

Check the fuel pressure at the rail and go from there.

If it's too high, change the FPR.

If it's OK, check the injectors and the injector wiring.

i have to agree with dan and dlf..
dan has been jumping around saying FP! FP!{so he doesnt think hes typing in invisible ink)

could very well be trash in the fuel rail,blocked return, bad regulator.

need to verify fuel pressure

Full coverage and a match will fix it...

liability and messing with injectors would fix it for me lol. Seriously though, I'm thinking FPR and or something to do with the fuel pump.

Derrik, I'm not saying he should just dump it back on you and knowing Jamie like I do, he's still going to try and figure it out but I would have to agree with Tommy that he needs a little something extra because the longer he continues to mess with that car, the more money he's losing doing other things he is behind on doing.

Fuel, spark, air....

Given the info available...

Check FPR, and rail pressure...

Check vacuum...

Check spark to each plug... (COP's make this much more difficult)

Check/replace suspected plug..

Injector light/meter each injector plug..

First and foremost, a blessed compression check...

knowing Jamie like I do, he's still going to try and figure it out but I would have to agree with Tommy that he needs a little something extra because the longer he continues to mess with that car, the more money he's losing doing other things he is behind on doing.

not agree'ing with me.. i was simplying pointing out that Jamie has left several subtle hints that this job went "way over" his bid, thru no fault of his own.

he's mentioned he wouldnt do future swaps for this price and said he is tired of it..which could have a drastic impact on the community as a whole.

THIS engine swap just plainly shows that "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED".

everyone involved has done their very best to get RCamel, good info...from the beginning of his issue.

If this car had been taken anyplace else, the labor cost would have been thru the freaking roof, troubleshooting this.

not to mention the added cost and labor to swap all the accessories, fuel pump install, and all the other "while you are working on it" stuff that popped in the process and the delays involved.

dont get me wrong derek...i'm not busting your balls.
but at some point you have to realize that your "far beyond your initial consultation fee"

you have to ask yourself,
can you afford for jamie to continue?
..and are you prepared to pay him to continue?

Your wife, financial issues and school..are your cross to bear, Jamie has his own Cross, dont stack your cross upon his.

Jamie WILL bear your Cross, he's THAT kind of guy..obviously.
now you have to carry your cross awhile, Jamie's kind of tired.

he carried it all the way UP the hill, you should be able to "roll it down the other side"

liability and messing with injectors would fix it for me lol. Seriously though, I'm thinking FPR and or something to do with the fuel pump.

Derrik, I'm not saying he should just dump it back on you and knowing Jamie like I do, he's still going to try and figure it out but I would have to agree with Tommy that he needs a little something extra because the longer he continues to mess with that car, the more money he's losing doing other things he is behind on doing.

I agree with you nolimit but I have nothing to offer beyond what I have already. As I've said over and over my wife is supporting me and my son while I go to school. I lost my business in the economy crash, and no one is hiring for construction in the fields I work in so I couldn't find a job. I lost everything I owned in bankruptcy. I don't have much left.

When I came up there a week before I destroyed my car I just wanted him to take a drive in my car and show me how to fix the handle. Well Jamie doesn't show he does. So he fixed it. Before he did anything I gave him a used once Craftsman air ratchet just to drive my car since I didn't have money. when he fixed my handle I gave him my brand new craftsman creeper. He didn't expect anything for his help but I felt it was well deserved.

I'm paying him what we agreed on and don't have extra money. I bought them lunch, then Jamie dinner, I gave him a bottle of Royal Purple Gear Oil that isn't exactly cheap because he mentioned he needed to change his fluid.

I'm hoping you can see I'm doing all I can to repay him in any way that I can. I even offered to wax that bimmer he's going to detail for free to try to help him out but he said he likes to do that. So I don't know what else to do.

I consider Jamie a friend and know friends help friends. When I said Jamie's help won't be forgotten, I am asserting that in the future when he needs my help I'll remember the help he has given me. I don't know what else I can do.

it seems like everyone is just down camels neck. cut the guy a break. just because maybe you can afford to pay jamie all that he really does deserve, doesnt mean you have to make ripped feel like a worthless peice of sh!t. yeah he is a grown man but he has feelings too, i assure you that he feels terrible so is it really neccesary for us to rub it in? i know im gonna hear it from xlr and sheit but i dont really care. all im saying is cut the guy a break and back off.

it seems like everyone is just down camels neck. cut the guy a break. just because maybe you can afford to pay jamie all that he really does deserve, doesnt mean you have to make ripped feel like a worthless peice of sh!t. yeah he is a grown man but he has feelings too, i assure you that he feels terrible so is it really neccesary for us to rub it in? i know im gonna hear it from xlr and sheit but i dont really care. all im saying is cut the guy a break and back off.

do you have an inbox of PM's from ripped camel as well regarding troubleshooting this?

if not, your "dont have a dog in his hunt" and butt the fucck out.

Did you offer ANYTHING to help in this thread?
FUCCCCK NO.... so again.

you dont have a dog in this hunt, stop trying to start :q:q:q:q

im not trying to start :q:q:q:q. im simply stating that maybe you guys should quit ragging on him. like take the stick out of your ass jeesh.

Do you have a suggestion on how to fix the problem with this engine?

again?

have you been trying to HELP in this issue to any extent..or did you just show up to gawk at the train wreck it's become?

im simply stating that maybe you guys should quit ragging on him. like take the stick out of your ass jeesh.

Really??

He's playing this sad version of "whimpy" from Popeye.

I'll glady help you in the future if you'll bail my azz out right now.

and this bail out in the future depends on the guy successfully completing school and actually living out his "dream" of becoming a lawyer.

then.. in order for this to be even a consideration...Jamie would have to DO SOMETHING that would require a lawyers assistance.

So..I guess if Jamie decides to rob a bank and needs a lawyer, then IF ripped camel DID make it to lawyerdom THEN he could "bail jamie out".

I dont think Jamie needs to wait on someones "dream" to be fulfilled before being compensated for his efforts and labor.

I'll gladly pay on thurrssday for a hamburger today..THAT IS IF.. I learn how to print my own money...

m'kaay.. I'm Wroooong and your right.. I digress

Members online

No members online now.
Back