LaserSVT 98 White Pearlescent Progress Thread

Aren't free parts cool! Hope it works for ya bro, I never could get it to air my springs up

I have an Aintnot compressor too... I swear a fishtank compressor outputs more air...

When we get an actual shop size air compressor for the tools, we can modify your little one, shove it in the trunk ;-)

Went to do the air comp swap today but didnt go as planned. The mounts were all shot but that was a minor issue. Sapperfires comp wasnt nearly as strong as my OEM one and his filter/dryer was completly clogged. :( So I futzed with mine for a bit and saw that the seals feeding the filter were leaking bad. Pulled it apart and blew some air through the filter and added some new orings. Now she pumps like a champ!
Got a little creative with the mounts and used the grommets off the old air box lower portion and remounted the compressor. Thing used to make a freakin racket and now is near silent. :D
Also was able to pump from full drop to full lift using the ASHAM8 and didnt get an error message. Guess the leak was it.

Can see the OEM in the foreground and the Arnott POS in the back:

IMGP0088.jpg

And the new bushing setup on the left with the old blown out mount bushing on the right:

IMGP0089.jpg

I need to buy one from Eddie soon. It might be my imagination but I swear the compressor kicks in way more than it did before I got my gears after driving slower speeds. I want to replace it before it gives up the ghost entirely.

Well crap, no help. System still has errors. I think its the dryer as its kinda hard to blow through. Wonder if I can buy a dryer by itself? Off to work teh Google on teh interwebz machine!

Do you think it's a result of the dessicant being saturated? I know many people have had luck baking the dessicant to dry it out....

eddie even says to do that, open the dryer and dump all the beads on a cooking sheet and stick them in the oven i think around 200 for 4 hours. bill did you stick 12 volts to the white and blue wire and make sure you hear the vent solenoid click open and closed? even if the compressor itself runs better if the vent solenoid wont open the compressor isnt gonna do a lick of good!

Got a little creative with the mounts and used the grommets off the old air box lower portion and remounted the compressor. Thing used to make a freakin racket and now is near silent. :D

those grommets are the problem every time, ive never heard a loud compressor its just loud cuz the center breaks free allowing the metal bracket to lay on the body and buzzzzzzzzz, trust me running 2 on them i want them as quiet as possible

Well that was a waste of $40. :( The system still has a hard time airing up. The comp motor runs strong so that tells me moisture was ruined the seals on the comps piston. Eddie is currently out, not that it matters cause I cant afford one anyway. Guess I will be riding with an out of commission system for a while. Its the perfect time to get an Adrenalin setup but thats almost triple the cost.

I need to get this fuggin property sold so I can start my own damn business.

I need to get this fuggin property sold so I can start my own damn business.[/QUOTE]

Yeah hurry up with that would ya...I've almost
got all the tools together

bill what you may think is strong might not be no where near strong enough. a good running compressor runs real fast, i have heard compressors run that sounded like they would blast the car off the ground and to find out they cant pump up for crap. i got a compressor that i will test if it tests good you can have it but i want something in trade, i know you aint got money, and i can sell these used all day long for 75 bucks, so maybe you got something you dont need, and i might want, and i'll trade ya if you are interested ball sack.

That would be cool Jamie. Not sure what I have is anything you need or want but let me know.

i replied to your text about trading me that cow, i'll take a cow as long as you butcher me up a bunch of steaks and ground chuck and ship it to me packed in dry ice!!!!!!!!!!

i replied to your text about trading me that cow, i'll take a cow as long as you butcher me up a bunch of steaks and ground chuck and ship it to me packed in dry ice!!!!!!!!!!
I told my grandmother it was time to make some steaks but she freaked out. :lol: She treats those damn things like dogs and wants to keep them till they die of old age. :lol:

I can send you some slightly used Doritos.

hows the car running looking to purchase a rebuild kit and keep her a little longer and go eveentaully put a supercharger on her

Jamie, you still have that bastardized mark/expedition compressor setup I had on your 98? That might be able to be made into something usable...

Well thanks again to teh Sapp I gots some fresh parts for the car. I replaced my worn door seals earlier this year with the SCP ones. The sealed great but were solid black and that always bugged me. Yeah, I am that anal. :lol: So Sapperfire found me a near cherry set at the local JY for $5 and snagged them for me. I like the graphite seal much better. :D

IMGP0120.jpg

So I have a spare set of almost brand new SCP door seals if anyone wants them. Ill do $50 (half price) and shipping should be $5 cause I bet I can fit them in a flat rate box. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back