LaserSVT 98 White Pearlescent Progress Thread

im ordering the valve body from BEC but ill do that after i move is order that valve body kit.. do u know any place to buy the froged engine kit i may by the motor from jamie if the prices right

or if bill sells me his and i fix that pice that was broken and go from there?

There's no "N" in S A P P E R F I R E, and no he does not have his old motor...but there is a loaded lower end up for grabs

LOL my bad but anywho bill whats the plan for the old motor? any ideas?:slam
Try reading the post above you again.
or if bill sells me his and i fix that pice that was broken and go from there?
I don't have a motor, sapper already said I sold it. Will have Sappers bad timed motor. $250. Not shipping it.
A forged kit will run almost $2000. If you locate a used Cobra crank and shopped parts you could do it for a bit cheaper. When you shop don't ask a million times if this ebay or that ebay kit is ok. Buy name brand, nothing off brand. Better to buy a complete kit from MMR or DSS or some company that knows modulars. You have to know what your power level goals are and know what blower at what boost you want before you buy the internals. Block and heads will handle anything you can throw at it up to 2000 hp.

do you only want a short block or a whole engine? i got a complete 97 motor it runs but has a blown head gasket.
Thought you didn't sell parts? :lol:
I also thought Teksids didn't blow head gaskets. :lol: :lol:

thanks bill ur the greatest and ill b seening u wih my mark viii reall soon.. just a meet and great
so far this is what i hve done
-2 new cats
-255fph fuell pump
-transcooler
-(2) x pipes
-93 driveshaft
-3.73 gears
-2.5" exhaust

-none installed yet (parts are all gathering)

Just fixed some odds and ends today. The rear view mirrors vibration was driving me nuts and I didn't like turning off the dim feature every time I started the car so I swapped in the 97s mirror with the other style button.

Then I fixed the passenger side tweeter mount so the imaging is better. Then swapped out the center console storage bin cause my 98s was cracked and rattled and the one from my 97 was still cherry.

Unfortunately I was listening to the stereo and it killed the battery. Since it was only about 15 minutes worth and the battery died I can tell the battery is on its last leg. I had figured that it was going out but now I know. So gotta get a new one tomorrow I guess.

Screw it, I want a good battery so I am gonna get the Motorcraft 850cca version. The cheapo Wal-Mart one is $80 and only 650cca, $104 for the Autozone 880cca and $114 for the 800cca Oreilly version. The Motorcraft is a little more but is a trusted part.

The motorcraft battery is what i have had in all 3 of my marks. The warranty is killer on them, its also the same battery the super duty trucks use... Good choice sir. You can also order a ford gt battery and its an all black optima battery made for ford, it was like 150 my cost b4 i left the dealer, donno what it costs over the counter.

Screw it, I want a good battery so I am gonna get the Motorcraft 850cca version. The cheapo Wal-Mart one is $80 and only 650cca, $104 for the Autozone 880cca and $114 for the 800cca Oreilly version. The Motorcraft is a little more but is a trusted part.

I know what you mean. Got a batt last year from autozone (valuecraft) and the car has been sitting for two mth with about two - three time driving it in that time and cold come and knocked down my batt cell. Charged it one night a drove it to charge the battsome month and the next day it was dead agin.

If it makes any difference, the motorcraft and walwhore batteries are both made by Johnson Controls.

I know what you mean. Got a batt last year from autozone (valuecraft) and the car has been sitting for two mth with about two - three time driving it in that time and cold come and knocked down my batt cell. Charged it one night a drove it to charge the battsome month and the next day it was dead agin.

Dude ENGLISH!!!!:eek:

I used a decoder ring from a box of Crack Jacks and it works well. :lol:

There are a few people on LVC that post like that and it makes me wonder if its like a flu or something. :lol:

Pulled the air ride compressor from Sapperfires car today and see its an Arnott. :(

It fires up and is quiet when I bench test it, just hope it works on the car.

Mine is getting ready to go out as well, it is making one hell of a racket.

Members online

No members online now.
Back