LaserSVT 98 White Pearlescent Progress Thread

I wish I could take credit for it, but it was Jeremi who did all the back-breaking work, turning a basket case into a practically new car. I was just the guy with the cash. ;)

Do you think you could take a measurement from the top of the water cross over nut to top of the pulley? And then from like the base of the manifold to the top of the blower?

If you are wondering "Will it fit under my first gen hood?" then the answer is no. It will not fit.

Do you think you could take a measurement from the top of the water cross over nut to top of the pulley? And then from like the base of the manifold to the top of the blower?
The blower is 5.5" tall and the top of the fill cap to the top of the pully is 3".

I have a kenne bell and a vortech ready to go....just don't know what I want. I think I want the KB but the hood issue is going to be a real pain. Bill at SCP quated me 850 to the nearest shipping facility, I thought that was nutz.

It's been in the dumpster...he doesn't have a gas pedal, it's just an on/off switch

My car is a pure joy to drive. I wish I wasnt so poor or I would be driving teh hell out of it every day. Its quiet, docile and comfertable when not on the boost. When you wanna play though, shes ready! Nail the throttle while doing 30 and the tires go up in smoke. Nail it while doing 60 and the thrust is amazing. I can match a C5 Vette in top speed and pull over 1G in the skid pad. The sound a twin screw makes is intoxicatiing too!

If you are putting it on a stock block then you need an underdrive crank. The 3" pully is the largest you can fit on the blower and with the stock crank that nets you 17+ lbs of boost. With the underdrive crank I can see as much as 8.4lbs in cold weather and about 7.2 in warm weather.

There are up sides and down sides. The Centri can be intercooled which is a BIG plus. So ultimatly the centri can make more power. The PD blower is far more responsive and fun though. I need a meth injection kit and reccomend it for anyone wanting to run a PD on B heads. With meth I can up the boost to 12psi and see arouond 450 rwhp which is the absolute limits for our internals. Crank can hold a couple hundred more but the pistons and rods cant.

Oh yeah, fuel. My mileage is better then Sapperfires stock 93. :D

I get 22 on the highway and quite a bit less on the back roads. I am averaging 16.9 but most of my drive is at 90mph on back country roads and several WOT blasts every time I drive it. :D

Lazer, have you driven a centi set up? Does it even compair?
I have driven a centri on a 97 Cobra and it was real nice but my stock Terminator was much nicer. Centris are great after you are up in their RPM range to build boost. When they are over 3500 and boosted up its a thrill ride. But for the street and with an auto you always have to wait. With a KB you press the pedal and the car dont think about it, it just goes!

A centri feels like a boosted small block. A PD blower feels like a high reving big block.

Another one bites the dust :-( ,this make me very sad

346631e2.jpg

Hey Laser, do you have a part number for that ES tranny mount? Will the stock exhaust hanger still work with it in place? I've never really looked at the crossmember to see how it all goes together, but I have a "new" one going in. Too lazy to go through the thread and see if you posted it earlier.

Hey Laser, do you have a part number for that ES tranny mount? Will the stock exhaust hanger still work with it in place? I've never really looked at the crossmember to see how it all goes together, but I have a "new" one going in. Too lazy to go through the thread and see if you posted it earlier.
I have no idea, cant find the reciept. I ordered it from Summit and it was for a 96 Mustang with the V-6. Was like $20 give or take. I am pretty sure the PN is in this thread so you may wanna check.

-snapper whats up woth ur car hows it running and whats the verdict with the motor install

just a friendly hello damn bro my bad ... any way how s the car running any thing new?

Members online

No members online now.
Back