LaserSVT 98 White Pearlescent Progress Thread

just a friendly hello damn bro my bad ... any way how s the car running any thing new?
Well if you wanna keep up with his mods and whats happening then you should ask in his progress thread. Thats all I was saying. Not being a smart ass, just seems to make sense.

My car is fine, nothing new. Replaced the worn sway bar links but other then that I havent done anything to the car in a few months other then drive and enjoy it.

cool- man one day ill be there at ur status and we can tak it to the track and see whos the fastest gen2....lol but one day

damn bro cvan i ask which one did u like more the 97 or ur 98 i mean i just was recaping on alot and u had the evergreen on its way to the top but it was totaled

The 97 was a great car and I miss it but my 98 is so much better. The air ride alone makes the car much better. But the 98 has a fair ammount of mods, blood, sweat and tears in it. The 98 corners, stops and accelerates as well as any very high performance sports car but is quiet and docile when just cruising.

i see- o fyi i bought the gears and the driveshaft from don and his bro is puting then on for me at a desent price and any advise can u give i need to know

You should do a trac lok while you are in there. Gears are useless without traction and it changes the way the car handles under power in corners. Get a trac lok, they are cheap used. Mine was $60.

Mustang GT 85+
Mustang Cobra

Some various Exploders and Rangers had them but Mustang is the safer bet.

Well the car was doing good for a while. Its been almost 5 months since the car developed any new problems. I knew it needs tires as the rears look just like slicks and the fronts are worn on the inside from other issues of alignment. So still needs those. Also the rear shocks are completly shot. Other then that she was in good health.

Few days ago it started to give me a "Check Air Ride" message. I knew it was from too long of a DC on the comp. Made sure it wasnt leaking by turning the system off over night a couple times on different park heights. Bags and lines appear to be fine. Comp is loud as hell though and is drawing too much power so I guess its finally worn out. Gonna pull the old one out of Sapperfires car and hope to hell it works. His car had an accident a few years back and that blew the front bags so it had a coil conversion done. Hopefully the system was turned off fast enough to not have fried the comp.

I need tires in the worst freakin way and cant afford them so buying a comp is out of the question. If his is bad too then I will just have to turn the system off for the time being.

Ya know the only thing that sucks about being broke is not having any money. :lol:

i agree dare u to spring it LOL but i love that air ride --- how can i check the compersser on mine to see if it still works cause if it does ill sell it to u for cheap

..."...the only thing that sucks about being broke is not having any money"

There's no "N" in S A P P E R F I R E, and no he does not have his old motor...but there is a loaded lower end up for grabs

LOL my bad but anywho bill whats the plan for the old motor? any ideas?:slam

just wondering if i should purchase a backup or not im at 178K on my 97 with no mods yet and looking to eventually supercharge it but i wanna biuld it first all im doning is getting ideas

do you only want a short block or a whole engine? i got a complete 97 motor it runs but has a blown head gasket.

right now i have 200 to my name and i want to build it and then but a blower on it if that helps jamie

right now i have 200 to my name and i want to build it and then but a blower on it if that helps jamie

You plan on doing the tranny beef (jmod) up before or after the motor build up. Good thing to look at if going high hp.

Members online

Back