LaserSVT 98 White Pearlescent Progress Thread

dan the mongoloid compressor went off to eddie when i sent him 10 cores, i threw that one in the box for the hell of it!

So in hopes of selling this property soon I am compiling my next list of mods. This one boys and girls is gonna be a big one!

Motor:
DSS 5.0 stroker kit (unless I can find a cheaper one with quality parts) running around 10.5 CR if my heads are 52cc (not sure so have to check). $2900
Machine shop:
Check block, flatten decks, 20cc over bore (I will assemble motor myself) $400
Intercooler:
AEM progressive kit with 5 gallon tank, $450
Supercharger:
Change pulley for 14-16 psi and add matching idlers and Thumper tensioner. $600
Body&Paint:
Remove every last imperfection, complete respray of OEM paint and paint engine bay. $4000
Interior:
Redo seat leather and add suade inserts. Suade headliner and upper dash pad. Leather cover A/B/C pillars. $1800
Suspension:
Adrenalin compressor, new toe links, Koni shocks. $800
Wheels:
Straighten 3 wheels and have all stripped then nickle plated. $900
Tires:
New Yokohama S-Drives. $800
Misc paint:
Strip blower and valve covers and brake calipers. Repaint Titanium silver and use better clear. $150

Thats it, after all that the car will be completly done. :D

A high compression stroker motor with a KB blower on top of a stall and gears, huh. Want to come pull some tree stumps for me in case my friend's Powerstroke isn't up to it?

A high compression stroker motor with a KB blower on top of a stall and gears, huh. Want to come pull some tree stumps for me in case my friend's Powerstroke isn't up to it?
:lol: Call Ed Hall. :p

Yay! My new rubber showed up today! My rear tires are completly bald, no hint of tread left. :lol:

I really dig these S-Drives and wont buy another kind of tire as long as Yokohama makes them. They hook, are quiet, ride great and they dont care if its wet out. I got 12K miles from them but thats 8k on a blower and lighting them up all the time! :lol:

For the price and contact patch size, they cant be beat. Tread width is 10.5"

IMGP0165.jpg

That dirt road of yours is gonna eat those tires up. :p
Unfortunatly it seems to be the paved roads that do the most dammage. Its just too much fun not to hear the supercharger whine at WOT. :p

I got one of the nicest compliments on my car today! I went to have the tires mounted and went to the local tire shop. Had 5 guys standing around doing nothing and when I pulled in they all came out and a couple of them said how nice the car sounded. :) So I pull it in and am talking to two of them while 3 others are taking car of the car, answering the many questions. Then I hear the sound of another twin screw pulling in and its the owner in his Lingenfelter C5 with a Whipple on it. Very nice. Had the hood cut out around the blower so the case stuck out the hood about an inch, shoulda took pics.

Anyway, I pop the hood and go over the details of my blower as the guys finnish up the car. I go to pay the guy and he says its free. I was shocked and asked if he was sure and he said "Yeah man, thats a cool car." :lol:

Hellz yeah, i had this happen a couple times when i still owned my Mustang. I got hand washes for free, free gas a couple of times, and 3 or 4 plugs put in my tires for free (damn construction). It feels good when it happens!!! God i miss that car....

Huh, forgot to update.

Last week I got a new (old) comp that was in great shape and used my new dryer. Air ride works great now. The compressor is quiet and the car lifts much faster with no errors.
Made a trade for the spring conversion on Sappers donar car for front air baged shocks (air struts) and the compressor. I had a clunk up front that could never be located. Everything is nice and tight, nothing is loose in the lines or hoses so figured it had to be a bad shock. After installing the new air struts I saw my drivers side was blown and the passenger side shock is bent. :( Shame as the drivers side is under two years old and the passenger side is under 1 year old.
Oh well, the clunk is gone now. If I can keep the car then some time in the future the newish bags I have will get the Koni shocks in them. Always thought the car could use a bit more dampening to match the low spring rates.

Bill, when you put those 275's on the back, did you have to roll the lip at all? And what size do you have up front, 245's or 255's? And did you have any other sort of rubbing at all in the rear or front. Thanks

245 up front. If you go to the first 10 pages of this thread there is a complete writeup of the fender rolling and where I got the tool from.

Just more ECU tweaking. Added a few more degrees on the top end and 1* on the low end. Changed max settings a little and adjusted a couple shift points that were off 1-2mph from how I wanted them. Did some more data logging and found the last issue I had. Seemed like the car lost 10-20hp right before it would shift. Turned out the knock sensor was set to stop adjusting after 6000 rpm so it would lose the 3* of timing it was adding at the last second. Just changed its shut off point so thats all good now. :)
With the data log it shows the car pulls 5.5 second 0-60's and twice has seen a 5.3 time when launching it just right. :D

I also missbehaved some yesterday. I was showing off for Sapperfire and launched the car at 1500rpm. Car sent its tires up in a blaze of smoke and Sapper was amazed how I was peddaling the car yet it just kept the tire hazed till 60mph :D

Love this car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back