Hi y'all

and they stoped making gen1s in 96. so?

the gen 1 for lack of a better term evolved into the gen 2. I am done with this subject...I have been in one Mark VIII in my life...mine...not interested in owning another one whether it be a gen 1 or gen 2...the next Mark I buy will be a VII and then a III...I have been through thick and thin with my car because of that no other Mark VIII would be the same...short of the car getting wrecked five years from now I will still have the same Mark VIII I purchased a little over ten years ago...and yes still with the same factory stereo system.

Both gens were marketed to the same target market. I am 25 and I have owned 2 decent gen1s and 1 black/black 98 lsc, and I would take a gen 1 over a 2 any day...
Just personal preference, we all bought what we did for different reasons... Has nothing to do with age.

i just like going back and fourth with the gen 1 owners. in the end, they are ALL mark VIII's so does it really matter.
and just to bust balls more, terry, your car is one of my hand me downs, my name has already been on the title, why would i want to beat you, and take my old car back lol, its too slow for my stable!!

To each their own! I have owned a 93,94,and two 98 lsc's and liked them all! The 93 was the fastest stock for stock but nothing was sexier then my 98 blk/blk lsc all black with chrome cobra r's. Ask Geno about that car! To some people, speed isn't everything but maybe comfort is?? Some guys could care less about the comfort and the gingerbread of a gen 2 and want balls to the wall speed??? With enough money, you can make ANYTHING fast(well almost anything) But at the end of the day, its their choice b/c its their money so they can get what the hell they want! ok, i'm done:D

well if you go back and look, i have owned 6 first gens so lol at one point i liked them. i just like busting balls. i would own a gen 1 again, but only 2 would ever be allowed at my house, either a 96 toreador red lsc with black interior like K9T8M's , or a black on black 96 lsc. i have no interest in any gen 1's except them 2, if i came across either, i would buy one even if i didnt need it right now, i'd put it away.

The only thing i hate about the Gen 2 is that the tail light is neon.. and there hard to come across.

and as far as the interior goes, there almost the same. but the gen 2 has the attention to detail that we all like...

we all own what is to be one of the best cars lincoln ever made. with one of the meanest engines ford ever introduced.

EDIT: also i :q:q:q:qing love where they put the ignition on the gen 2. thats just BAD ASS....

she has to be brought in early, how else will me make the cut!! we'll know soon enough if she isnt lvc material she has to be able to hang with us dickheads!

WOW! What a thread! If there's one thing that girl has noticed is that testosterone level there is on this site. Heck she even stopped posting.

As for my sh!tty opinion? Both Gen 1's & Gen 2's Have their pro's & con's. Neither one are as amazing as we would want to believe otherwise they wouldn't have been discontinued, we just happen to love these cars. To each his/her own! The 2nd Gen is a much more modern looking car, the Gen 1 is the original design back in 1991 or so whenever this car was only a drawing on paper! SO yes! There's a diferrence in both but we love them all. All of you stop eating sh!t figuring which generation MK8 is better. IT IS WHAT IT IS!!! For those with both Gen's we can enjoy the best of both worlds & get pissed at the obstacles they both throw at us!

i just like going back and fourth with the gen 1 owners. in the end, they are ALL mark VIII's so does it really matter.
and just to bust balls more, terry, your car is one of my hand me downs, my name has already been on the title, why would i want to beat you, and take my old car back lol, its too slow for my stable!!

Not lumping you, Dan, Nolimit, Laser, Frog and a few others with the fools. I kind of figured you liked picking on them.

Where the hell is the ignition switch on a second gen!? Better not be on the dash!

Not lumping you, Dan, Nolimit, Laser, Frog and a few others with the fools. I kind of figured you liked picking on them.

Where the hell is the ignition switch on a second gen!? Better not be on the dash!
Its on the dash.

Jamie lubz me lol. Me and him talk smack, even in text messages. He's relentless on me all the time. It never ends and never will.

You really are a fuggin idiot. Your posts make no sense what so ever. You cant just pull random thoughts from your arse and call them facts. Lets analyze this some.

Brandon, Me, Sapperfire, Jamie, GMAN, Jeb, Mark8Murder, Phreakness etc etc etc are all second gen owners. None of us are old and some are quite young (brandon just turned 21).

Debi, Sappers wife, are both women and drive a Gen1. Rich, Pepps, Driller and many others that drive Gen1s are older (by a good margin) then the rest of us.

So your theroy is completly wrong.

The Gen1 interior is plastic and the door pannels look like crap. The Gen2 everything is covered nicer and the doors are actually made to fit the car nicer and put the switches in a logical position. Gen 2s handle better due to better dampners and larger sway bars. Gen 2s are easier to work on. Gen 2s are easier to mod because you can actually tune them. Gen 2s have a much sexier ass. Gen 2s can actuall see at night without modding the headlights.

Now look, I like Gen1s just fine. The nose is more agressive then the second Gens, no doubt. But a second Gen looks like it was made this millenium and not in the 1980's.

go laser!

It matters because the gen 1 interior sucks :p

agree :)

Let's all agree that the LS sucks! Oh and welcome to the site, blackLSCchick

dude...ur f***ing awesome lol

This poor girl. She starts a thread, and nobody behaves themselves. :rolleyes: Dang. It's too soon for her to see the dark side.

hahahaha....i love how this thread has turned out :D

i can handle almost anything you can throw at me...ive just enjoyed learning all this stuff about gen 1s...but im still a gen 2 girl :)

WOW! What a thread! If there's one thing that girl has noticed is that testosterone level there is on this site. Heck she even stopped posting.

work....no computers....i was only gone 4 hours lol...it may have gotten a little carried away...but who cares right?

You really are a fuggin idiot. Your posts make no sense what so ever. You cant just pull random thoughts from your arse and call them facts. Lets analyze this some.

Brandon, Me, Sapperfire, Jamie, GMAN, Jeb, Mark8Murder, Phreakness etc etc etc are all second gen owners. None of us are old and some are quite young (brandon just turned 21).

Debi, Sappers wife, are both women and drive a Gen1. Rich, Pepps, Driller and many others that drive Gen1s are older (by a good margin) then the rest of us.

So your theroy is completly wrong.

The Gen1 interior is plastic and the door pannels look like crap. The Gen2 everything is covered nicer and the doors are actually made to fit the car nicer and put the switches in a logical position. Gen 2s handle better due to better dampners and larger sway bars. Gen 2s are easier to work on. Gen 2s are easier to mod because you can actually tune them. Gen 2s have a much sexier ass. Gen 2s can actuall see at night without modding the headlights.

Now look, I like Gen1s just fine. The nose is more agressive then the second Gens, no doubt. But a second Gen looks like it was made this millenium and not in the 1980's.

i am 22 now :)
and she is loving all of this attention

Members online

No members online now.
Back