Hi y'all

I am new to this place and i recently discovered how freaking awesome a mark viii is. i dont have one yet, but i am saving and will have one soon. i am looking for a 98 black/black lsc. i am 19 and my boyfriend is the one who introduced me to this site and what these cars are. when i first rode in a mark viii, he got the car up to 110 from one exit to the next (less than half a mile) the fastest ive ever been...up to that time. thats when he looked over and said "and thats stock" i just had to have that car. there is just something about cruising next to a mustang/camaro knowing that they dont know that you can easily leave them in the dust...it is addicting. ive always been a ford girl...this car might just make me a lincoln girl. :D

not so much.

Reguardless, welcome....

I am new to this place and i recently discovered how freaking awesome a mark viii is. i dont have one yet, but i am saving and will have one soon. i am looking for a 98 black/black lsc. i am 19 and my boyfriend is the one who introduced me to this site and what these cars are. when i first rode in a mark viii, he got the car up to 110 from one exit to the next (less than half a mile) the fastest ive ever been...up to that time. thats when he looked over and said "and thats stock" i just had to have that car. there is just something about cruising next to a mustang/camaro knowing that they dont know that you can easily leave them in the dust...it is addicting. ive always been a ford girl...this car might just make me a lincoln girl. :D
WELCOME
When I started dating my wife in 2000 she had a Toyota and I let her drive my Mark. Long story short I had to buy another Mark. I wish I would have joined here long ago. I would have a awsome Mark as a DD plus the hot rod. Some folks on here can help you keep it or even make it better than new.

So, how soon are you likely to get a car? And btw, stock for stock, a gen 1 is faster. ;)

Welcome to LVC...don't mind the leg humpin' old farts, they're harmless......

they dont scare me

So, how soon are you likely to get a car? And btw, stock for stock, a gen 1 is faster. ;)

ehhh...i dont know...in about a year im guessing. saving money isnt one of my strengths, but im working on it. ill get my car...that i know for sure.

Yeah, remember that when you roll up next to a Gen 1 and think you're gonna run off and leave it cause it ain't happenin. Gen 1 has that mean look on the front for a reason. Now you can throw mods into the Gen 2 and keep up with us Gen 1's. See, if you got a Gen 1, you could always tell the b/f that your car is faster. :)

welcome, its good to see other young people joining like my self.

dont limit your self to just a 2nd Gen mk, The first and second gen have 2 different looks to them. all depends what you what to do to it. IMO the first gen have a more aggressive look to them. they just look like there PISSED OFF. i just love the first gen look. also second gens are more luxurious where as first gens are fast.....

^ill get spammed for that one.

But hey, thats just me rambling on. :W TO :V

Welcome and don't listen to those Gen 1 people
I have killed plenty of Gen 1s with my Gen 2

welcome, its good to see other young people joining like my self.

dont limit your self to just a 2nd Gen mk, The first and second gen have 2 different looks to them. all depends what you what to do to it. IMO the first gen have a more aggressive look to them. they just look like there PISSED OFF. i just love the first gen look. also second gens are more luxurious where as first gens are fast.....

^ill get spammed for that one.

But hey, thats just me rambling on. :W TO :V

couldn't have been said any better...

ok ok ok....i have a question. isnt the same engine in the car? then how is that are gen 1s faster?...please be nice to me...im not all savvy with differences between gen 1s and gen 2s. i just want to know. :) ? (btw its the chrome that throws me off the gen 1s....not a chrome fan)

Gen1s are lighter. Even more so if they don't have a lot options. Gen1s have more agressive factory tune, the early 93s especially. Gen2s are loaded down with the bigass front end and all the bells and whistles. 93s come with a one-piece drive shaft, all other years have a two piece. If you are on a budget a gen1 can be had in great shape for cheap(er) than a gen2

ok ok ok....i have a question. isnt the same engine in the car? then how is that are gen 1s faster?...please be nice to me...im not all savvy with differences between gen 1s and gen 2s. i just want to know. :) ? (btw its the chrome that throws me off the gen 1s....not a chrome fan)
it is the same size motor. the Gen 1's are faster because they have a more aggressive tune on the computer, and so much more of a coolness factor:cool::cool::D.

I blame it on the headlights and the grill that slow the gen 2 down plus that car was marketed towards a older demographic compared to the gen 1.

and here i thought it was because a lot of the newer Gen 2 owners are younger and have 400 lbs. of speaker wire, amps and subwoofer drivers & cabs for that oooooh ahhh, ooh aahh, thump, thump, effect. :D:):)

Members online

Back