What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

or, how would my tune which is supposedly customized to the box code of the car it's in, work on the other 96 pcm with a different box code?

you could probably get away with swapping the whole ecu, but i don't think you can use a chip programmed to one code with another code.

you know i thought that too, but then i stuck my w3z2 chip into my w3z3 computer and it worked just fine.
so who knows...

i think it has more to do with computer strategies than catch codes. some catch codes have the same strategy.

this is all chips though.

if you have a handheld tuner, i have no idea. swapping the pcm is a better bet.
its not hard to do or anything.

I just wanted to say that I love my damn car. 3 1/2 years and only changed the alternator and plugs. Oil too of course but other than that, it never fails me and always cranks right up without one problem and gets me where I'm going. Juss sayin!!

I just wanted to say that I love my damn car. 3 1/2 years and only changed the alternator and plugs. Oil too of course but other than that, it never fails me and always cranks right up without one problem and gets me where I'm going. Juss sayin!!

I take it you decided not to part with it? Your conscious wouldn't let you? Good decision anyway! :)

I take it you decided not to part with it? Your conscious wouldn't let you? Good decision anyway! :)

No, I could never part with it lol. It's still like a new one to me and tight all over. It never fails me so, I don't think I could ever send it off with anyone and not know how they were treating her. Are they going to have a bedroom for her like I do or are they out dogging it out the wrong way... Are they keeping her clean like I do.. Does she have to be driven in the rain.. Just stuff like that. Might sound stupid to some but I think like that when it comes to that car.

my car has always gotten me where i needed to go as well.
not always where i wanted to go or back home, but always where i had to be.
the few times it has broken down have all been convenient times and convenient places.
of course, i've had much more maintenance then Terry, but i drive the car a lot more as well.

:L

Don't feel bad Chris. If I had to drive mine all the time, then I guess there would be no choice but it sets in the garage for 4 to 7 days at times and never moves or anything. Now, when school starts for my 11 year old in a week and a half, I will have to take him and pick him up daily but his school is right at a mile away, luckily. It will however see some rainy days unless I insure the truck again and drive it instead. We'll see I guess.

oh i don't feel bad. wouldn't have it any other way.
i'm preparing for a trans fluid and filter change and new front wheel bearings this week before i take it back to school with me.

i'm preparing for a trans fluid and filter change and new front wheel bearings this week before i take it back to school with me.
when you drop the pan do you kind of evaluate how much metal is on the magnet to determine how to proceed with the rest of the trans service?...like if there's a bunch of shavings, maybe don't do a complete flush?

2nd week in a row that it'll go unwashed due to rainage, still looks surprisingly good.

when you drop the pain do you kind of evaluate how much metal is on the magnet to determine how to proceed with the rest of the trans service?...like if there's a bunch of shavings, maybe don't do a complete flush?

trans only has 30k on it. i'm not worried.

trans only has 30k on it. i'm not worried.
oh, i see...did orig go 170? my brown one is at 185...slow leak at main seal but still rippin away ( as soon as the new knuckle comes)
...the white on has 113, no clue as to service history...unsure where to go on that one

oh, i see...did orig go 170? my brown one is at 185...slow leak at main seal but still rippin away ( as soon as the new knuckle comes)
...the white on has 113, no clue as to service history...unsure where to go on that one

170k, it sure did.

Fixed the pass side window again, hopefully for the last time! I think I can take the door apart blindfolded now. :)

Replaced drivers-side tie-rod end, did a quick roadside alignment and seems perfectly straight, will get professionally done in the very near future, and pulled ABS pump to replace a few pieces to have my speedo work. Working on the pump now. Will post more info later!

So I have a 98 LSC that the ABS Pump was shot. Put in a whole unit out of a 97 but a lot of the pins were corrupted on the module so I had no speedo no odometer and the traction control off light was always on. What we did was take the working pump from the 97 and the working clean module from the 98. Had to splice the connector as they are different but other then that everything turns out the same. Will be installing in tomorrow morning and will post results. Here's some pics..

image-4115101875.jpg
97 module on top, 98 on bottom. As you can see the top one looks like shat. And was metal. 98 is plastic and clean.
image-1850133210.jpg
Lonely connector is from 97 the one attached is the 98.
image-4083362366.jpg
Here is where the module is attached to these posts, will be cleaning up before installed.

Also today put the plastic intech cover on to cover up the rust for now.
image-4151543582.jpg
Before.
image-2996621370.jpg
After

image-4115101875.jpg

image-1850133210.jpg

image-4083362366.jpg

image-4151543582.jpg

image-2996621370.jpg

Got the ol' girl back on the road today. :)

lincoln air compressor.jpg
Air compressor from the '97 LSC. Works great!

lincoln sound deadener.jpg
Little bit of sound deadener (from the '97 trunk).

lincoln fuel filter.jpg
New fuel filter.

lincoln ball joints.jpg
Need to replace UCA's.

Drove it around today. I think the new fuel filter helped with the idle. But it still needs a TPS and IAC. I'm just glad to be able to drive it again!

lincoln sound deadener.jpg

lincoln fuel filter.jpg

lincoln ball joints.jpg

lincoln air compressor.jpg

Well we finished piecing together the 97 and 98 ABS pump. And it worked!!!! Brakes work abs works traction control works speedo and odometer work!! So happy. Bled the brakes and took her for a cruise! Certifying tomorrow then be driving it all the time!

Also the whole time we were working on it any time brakes were touched rear neon actually worked. Very nice to see.

image-3233449733.jpg

image-3233449733.jpg

Very nice
Should have done a write up on how to do everything
Basically more pics
Didn't think there was much more to post that I hadn't shown. Willing to answer and questions about it and post any pics I can if you just let me know what you need to see.

So it was fairly straight forward then.
I've never taken a abs pump apart
I know that my 95 has something bad in it
And now I think maybe I can repair it.

So it was fairly straight forward then.
I've never taken a abs pump apart
I know that my 95 has something bad in it
And now I think maybe I can repair it.

Don't know about the first gens but on my second gen it was just disconnecting the 5 brake lines and I think 3 bolts and 2 nuts to remove the full pump system. Then 4 very small, 4mm I think it was, bolts to remove the module from the pump system. Then swapped it over and plugged it back in, after changing the plug from the pump to the module. Then bolt it back in, reconnect the brake lines then bled the brakes and all done.

Low oil light came on when I parked on an incline at work. So got a quart of Mobil1 and as usual the the hood would not open without having to pry it from the front :Bang

So got an 8mm gear wrench and moved the latch about .125 or so towards the drivers side. Of course I then managed to drop said gear wrench down in front of the radiator and cannot for the life of me find it :confused:

Hood pops open now at least :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back