What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

20130815_143638.jpg

Tired of dents. It'll never get finished if I don't start sometime

My car is nailed with nickle dents. No matter how far out I park from anywhere. But its white :D hard to see 'em.

Finished my little LED engine light install that I thought was going to take a couple of hours. Oh ha ha. I was able to run the hood light wire through the hood and then added a connector in case I need to remove the hood (Gonzo upgrade). I used cool screw type LEDs with pretty wide angle lenses. I think it only took me nine hours, too. Nutball in the 103 degree heat.

LEDs_zps63f2723c.jpg

My car is nailed with nickle dents. No matter how far out I park from anywhere. But its white :D hard to see 'em.

Mine got Hail Damage in Alabama from the original owners. Can't see it from a distance but when you get close you see a lotta dings int he hood :(

Finished my little LED engine light install that I thought was going to take a couple of hours. Oh ha ha. I was able to run the hood light wire through the hood and then added a connector in case I need to remove the hood (Gonzo upgrade). I used cool screw type LEDs with pretty wide angle lenses. I think it only took me nine hours, too. Nutball in the 103 degree heat.

LEDs_zps63f2723c.jpg

That looks really nice. Would you make a separate thread detailing what you
did? I wanted to do this on mine but I did not like seeing the LEDs exposed in plain view. Looks like you accomplished what I had envisioned.

Do you have your lighting coming from above and in front of the engine?

the brown one: putting the knuckle w/ new timkin bearing on the rear left, gonna shorten the front lug studs, put wheels back on, maybe test drive, already did new outer tie rod ends- align tomorrow
---
the white one: went to Wally world and bought a Fram OF and 6 qts MC 5w-20 syn blend for $30..called nat tire/bat does an oil/ and filter change for $30...wtf???

That's exactly what I did. I used these in black with the cool blue bulb: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-accent-lighting/bolt-beam-12mm-led-light/1494/

I drilled a hole just behind the upper latch in a slanted part of the underhood that kinda faces the engine. It worked perfect because it gave me room for the length of the lite and the wiring, but doesn't interfere with the latch at all. With a fair amount of luck, I fed the wire starting from the latch opening to the left corner and pulled it out through a hole. I then fed it back in the same hole, but downward towards a hole that I chose next to the hinge. I couldn't get the wire to just turn the corner, so this worked. Then I fished around at the bottom with a little hook tool and the wire was right there! I put a connector in right next to the wire channel/big grommet and used some new headlight connectors that I had left over. I have a hoodliner coming :D. I also cut the base off of a new Dorman emission tee and created a grommet for the hole that I chose and it worked perfectly.

I actually used the covered wire channel for this since it's 18 awg and proceeded to protect it to the radiator. I ran it through the channel on top of the radiator and just below the beauty covers. I chose the two biggest holes and drilled them out to fit the lights. You don't have to take much and the aluminum is pretty thin, so it's not bad. Each light fit perfectly there facing the engine. I just put two there, one on each side. Then down the way towards the battery, I installed a switch. I have a little fuse holder with a 5 amp fuse that I will probably install down the road. But with a switch and LEDs, I'm not too paranoid about it. They won't be used much. I will take some pics of the wiring and routing when I become a little less warn out. I think the brightness and style of lights is perfect for this application and you can't see any of them!

Saw this today and thought "WHY DO THAT TO A MARK" :Bang
[video=youtube;W_ZfucVlvaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZfucVlvaM[/video]

Also got a reply to it within a minute of putting it on Youtube :rolleyes:

HVAC unit is in and all the lights are working, fixed a panel under the dash I didn't know had problems, fixed back seat lights, fixed the console latch I broke while working on the HVAC unit....:) I'm happy!

Hope you are painting the whole car, wouldn't look right with just patches of new paint.

So no Calico paint job? Awwww ;(

Yeah I'm getting a gravity gun, then deciding on the paint. Ultimately it'll be a form of Black, but I'm not sure which.

It'll sit in primer for a week or so. Right now im just smoothing everything out with finishing filler then a quick shot of High build and then a light scuff with my new sanding block and 120 grit to show any high/low spots

The dent that was on the passenger 1/4 is all but gone ;) A nice sanding block makes a world of difference

i pulled the valve and timing covers on the c/e to check fora bad chain or adjusters and they all look good, so im psyching myself up to drop the engine out of not 1 but 2 mark's in a couple weeks ..ughhhh, oh well you have to pay to play..

Well everyone, my air ride has finally given out after 19 years, 4 months!

Happened after work. Noticed the ride home was a lot bumpier than normal.

I expected it to have happened sooner but I'll get her back on the road soon.

It would have been nice to see it go over 20 years.

Well everyone, my air ride has finally given out after 19 years, 4 months!

Happened after work. Noticed the ride home was a lot bumpier than normal.

I expected it to have happened sooner but I'll get her back on the road soon.

It would have been nice to see it go over 20 years.

I'm gonna jinx myself by saying this but out of my 3 Marks I have never had a Compressor give out on me.

I now for see my air ride giving out next week :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back