What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

If it's not one thing it's ten others... :rolleyes:

that's how my house has been as well.
2 mark viii's, an LS, and 3 SHO's in various states of broken.
always work to be done.

today on my 93, new trans fluid, new trans gasket, and new trans pan.

2013-08-12201444_zpsacd882bf.jpg

and 4x4 mode getting it off the ramps and jack. lol.

2013-08-12194039_zpsd893d958.jpg

yesterday; washed the white one (and my 86 lwb Silverado)
today; met some dude from C/L to get parts: door weatherstripping and a power amp
---
P8120611.jpg
it works!!!
----
on the brown one, pushed the outer tie rod end through to be changed later this week
-----
P8120610.jpg
drivers side came out easy, pass side took some torque....turned it and turned it but nothing- stuck my head in the well to look around and BOOM!...it exploded/popped out with a bang ;)

P8120611.jpg

P8120610.jpg

that's how my house has been as well.
2 mark viii's, an LS, and 3 SHO's in various states of broken.
always work to be done.

today on my 93, new trans fluid, new trans gasket, and new trans pan.

2013-08-12201444_zpsacd882bf.jpg

and 4x4 mode getting it off the ramps and jack. lol.

2013-08-12194039_zpsd893d958.jpg

Damn chris, looks like its about time for a donor car..gettin a wee bit rusty now huh?

Its got few rust spots. But I like it too much to give it up. So I'll probably just get something else nicer down the road.

Also the trans pan has a small drip. So that sucks.

Low oil light came on when I parked on an incline at work. So got a quart of Mobil1 and as usual the the hood would not open without having to pry it from the front :Bang

So got an 8mm gear wrench and moved the latch about .125 or so towards the drivers side. Of course I then managed to drop said gear wrench down in front of the radiator and cannot for the life of me find it :confused:

Hood pops open now at least :cool:

I was working around the battery area early this summer and dropped a wrench. It never came out the bottom, still not sure where it is :) Must have fell into the Mk 8 abyss. The black hole under the car that seems to eat tools, nuts and bolts.

there is a tray thing under the radiator. i found several things when the radiator got replaced.

I was working around the battery area early this summer and dropped a wrench. It never came out the bottom, still not sure where it is :) Must have fell into the Mk 8 abyss. The black hole under the car that seems to eat tools, nuts and bolts.

there is a tray thing under the radiator. i found several things when the radiator got replaced.

Was laying under car reaching up there trying to feel it but no such luck.

Aside from the hood latch I used that wrench to do my Blender door, hopefully wont be needing it anytime again :eyeroll:

Only took me about 12 years to be able to replace the factory wheels on any of my cars... This was a project that had been in the works, and it all came together perfectly. No drama.

So is your spare useless or did you get a spare that matches your new bolt pattern? Looks good though.

Was laying under car reaching up there trying to feel it but no such luck.

Aside from the hood latch I used that wrench to do my Blender door, hopefully wont be needing it anytime again :eyeroll:

tap the bottom of the bumper i dropped sockets down there and did that more sockets came out then what went in

Anybody need a GEN2 (1997) VRCM?

Still trying to part the '97 out. Haven't had much time lately to work on it. And the water pump took a dump in the Exploder yesterday so that's what I'll be working on for the next day or two. I just can't catch a break. :( Thankfully the Cobra should be back in action Thursday.

Did the good ol' two person driveway bleed. One pumps the brake and the opens and closes the bleeder valves until most of the air came out. Got it done at the shop today when I got it certified so its good to go now.
i thought in some cases a more complex process was required due to opening up the ABS (or letting MC run dry)?

Careful, those thing will hold allot of water. Hope you have good inner fender wells.

Well the car is completely rust free. But I don't forsee a lot of water getting in there to them inside the fenderwell like that. I just did that to cut down on the noise from the compressor getting into the cabin. Works pretty good.

Anybody need a GEN2 (1997) VRCM?

Still trying to part the '97 out. Haven't had much time lately to work on it. And the water pump took a dump in the Exploder yesterday so that's what I'll be working on for the next day or two. I just can't catch a break. :( Thankfully the Cobra should be back in action Thursday.

Black interior?

tap the bottom of the bumper i dropped sockets down there and did that more sockets came out then what went in

Did that when I couldn't see where it went to from the top hole by the hood latch. Hit it with my palm and then kicked it a few times listening for anything rattling and nothing :confused:

Not my mark but my buddies 97. Working on installing a nice cobra motor into his car. New headers too, can't remember name of the headers tho. Hopefully have it all in tomorrow.

image-3413102252.jpg

image-1842596900.jpg

image-3079287488.jpg

image-3157204134.jpg

tonight after work, replace outer tie rod ends on the brown one...got a straight knuckle coming soon, she'll be rolling again pdq

Went mud riding. :|
our freakin driveway claimed one car and almost got the Lincoln.

Members online

Back