What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Busted out the purple power and power washer. Washed the underside of the engine. I'm looking for a leak.

Ripped the engine and trans out of my dads 97 midnight grey mark viii while visiting for a funeral. Before its scrapped (floirpan rusted out) i took the HVAC control, cluster, and headlight switch for my led project on my 97. Along with the trunk carpet.

Been running good and problem free for awhile now, all I been doing to it is feeding it gas. Maybe I can play with it this weekend, either that or my son's BMW

Removed these,

20130806_154727.jpg

Installed these,

20130806_154738.jpg

Then finally all back to normal, just missing the seal because I hadn't cleaned it yet

20130806_172437.jpg

called the local stealer looking for the snap ring that holds down the spring cover around the threaded piston shaft on the rear caliper...no rebuild parts available from Ford but he can order me a re-manned caliper for just $368

called the local stealer looking for the snap ring that holds down the spring cover around the threaded piston shaft on the rear caliper...no rebuild parts available from Ford but he can order me a re-manned caliper for just $368

Really. Lordco here has the rebuild kits for under $20. Rock Auto has any number of rebuilt calipers cheap too.

Installed the plastic 'INTECH' cover over my lovely rusted pipe until I can clean it up. Least I don't see the rust for now lol

Thaywood, throw that cooling fan up on lightningrodder. Those lightning guys are fans of our fans.

Really. Lordco here has the rebuild kits for under $20. Rock Auto has any number of rebuilt calipers cheap too.

the rebuild kit is probably like the ones at o'eilly's or Advance...the dust boot and washers..iknow remanned calipes should be about 60-70...the stealer, being a full-fledged stealer asks 370
---
when I rebuilt it the first time, I sort of deformed the snap ring trying to get it in, probably why it didn't stay in...if the same one were available new I'd get it; sinc it's not I'll just get whatever is the closest in size

looking at what i got and cant finish due to health and lack of funds. so will have some cobra headers and a intake up for sale soon

After changing the PCV, replacing all the Chrome molding, cleaning the carpet, I gave her a good rub down with her favorite Maguire's. Not bad for a Chick !! :D

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03277.jpg

DSC03278.jpg

DSC03279.JPG

20130807_144255.jpg

Gen1 washer bottle so I can have the lasso style cap instead of the hinged Gen2 style. Painted to match because can.

20130807_170506.jpg

The headlight cowl is from a salvage car, had some red spray all over it that bothered me

Glad to hear it Chris! Those bags are fine. They made it 863 miles to your house. Just replace the ride height sensors for now. It's much easier.

Or you could just swap em' out for some new struts and be done with it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back