What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Thanks guys. I'm understandably worried sick about this. But I'm not letting it get me down. The doc says that it's pretty much treatable because I'm relatively young. And I've still got a few good years left in me yet. And I've got a couple of kids I need to see grow up :D And honestly, if I was going to get cancer, I was expecting the lung variety :lol: But there's so much cancer in my family, I knew I'd get something eventually. Thanks for all the well wishes! :)

I've been told that every man, if he lives long enough, will get prostate Ca. Treatment options and effectiveness have improved greatly in the last 20 years. I'll keep you in my prayers T. I know you'll keep a positive attitude which will help your outcome

Replaced bolts with ...bolts

20130731_144919.jpg

It's cause Photobucket wants him to pay cause he's getting to many views.

Why I now use Razzi for my Photos

I use Imageshack and I don't think they start charging you if you get "too popular".

finally got the Brown One on the road, snapped some phone pix
0802195125_zps38b4315c.jpg

-----
0802195139_zpsdac37095.jpg

----
0802202518_zpsda0eed05.jpg

---
1998 OE Ford Racing Cobra rims, 17x8 +30

Changed my Idle air control valve this afternoon. In the next couple of days ill tackle the egr valve. Sun was steaming hot today

Changed my Idle air control valve this afternoon. In the next couple of days ill tackle the egr valve. Sun was steaming hot today

Why are you changing the egr valve? They almost never go bad. If you are having egr problems it's very likely the DPFE sensor.

EGR valves do go bad..EVERY part will fail eventually, even paint goes bad. EGR valves will start rattling, they're only a couple dollars, and should only take less than a whole minute to swap

finally got the Brown One on the road, snapped some phone pix
0802195125_zps38b4315c.jpg

-----
0802195139_zpsdac37095.jpg

----
0802202518_zpsda0eed05.jpg

---
1998 OE Ford Racing Cobra rims, 17x8 +30

Looks good but whoa! What springs did you put in the rear?? What did you have in there before again? Was it on air ride or the AAS kit, cause it wasn't that high last time I saw a pic of it.

It probably just looks higher because 1) It still needs to settle 2) He lost an inch in tire diameter with those 245/45s

What springs did you put in the rear?? What did you have in there before again? Was it on air ride or the AAS kit, cause it wasn't that high last time I saw a pic of it.
i lost air about 18 months and 30k ago
-this is the same AAS kit, std ride height kit..yea, I can def see getting 1'' dropped vogs....then decide which car should have the 1.5'' drops (currently on the white mark w/ std tires/rims)
-put the 1.5'' lowered on this brown car, and 1'' drops on the white mark? or 1'' drops over the Cobra rims

yesterday, drove to Dallas (Georgia) and pulled from a 95. $125 got me:
4 pcs. weather stripping from both doors, power ant, sunroof motor, ABS PUMP AND MODULE, trunk jack, spare tire cover, hard plastic dash cover, air ride pump relay, phone with stand, glove box owners manual w/ leather case (fs if anyone wants it, 95)
---
wanted the blend door act, cut the dash apart, but it was late and hot, couldn't i.d it so said f' it...i already have one from a 94

Washed it! For the first time since the third week of January.
I set the car up back in Jan because of suspension issues. Before I did though I washed it, waxed it twice and spray waxed it. Then she sat, and is still sitting.
I washed it with dawn 8-0 but! I only used that to get the crap off of it. Ill be waxing it asap.
Hopefully have it on the road again by the end of this month.
I sure miss that car.

Those headlights make me sick. Mine are terrible. They are clear, but the insides are sickening.

Worked on the 95 today. Switched out the air compressor really, no dice. Looks like I'll be changing out the compressor tomorrow. The rubber isolators are completely gone so the pump has been banging around. That's probably why it's shot. I'll have her aired up tomorrow if all goes well.

Worked on the 95 today. Switched out the air compressor really, no dice. Looks like I'll be changing out the compressor tomorrow. The rubber isolators are completely gone so the pump has been banging around. That's probably why it's shot. I'll have her aired up tomorrow if all goes well.

Did you swap the relay while you were in there?

this round he changed the relay. (he misspelled it as really. probably autocorrect.)
next round he replaces the compressor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back