What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Imported these from the UK. I'm working on verifying fitment to the Mark VIII.....they're from a Fiat.

If so, I'll be refinishing them, and will probably offer them up for sale since I've already got a set of 00R brembos.

photo_1+(1).jpg

photo_2+(1).jpg

Should be picking up a 3500 stall converter for my Mark soon.... then hope my trans truely isn't bad.

Imported these from the UK. I'm working on verifying fitment to the Mark VIII.....they're from a Fiat.

If so, I'll be refinishing them, and will probably offer them up for sale since I've already got a set of 00R brembos.

photo_1+(1).jpg

photo_2+(1).jpg

You using the stock Mark Master/Booster for your Brembos?

Sap,

No reason not to use the factory master, the total effective piston area of the 00 R Brembos is actually less than the factory Mark VIII caliper. The only real downsides you might experience is actually finding it harder to lock up the brakes and reduced pedal travel(this could be a good thing). Even the CTS-V Brembo setup I built with bigger pistons than the 00 R still has less area.

Alan

Sap,

No reason not to use the factory master, the total effective piston area of the 00 R Brembos is actually less than the factory Mark VIII caliper. The only real downsides you might experience is actually finding it harder to lock up the brakes and reduced pedal travel(this could be a good thing). Even the CTS-V Brembo setup I built with bigger pistons than the 00 R still has less area.

Alan

I thought this was the case, but didn't want to say so, without knowing for sure.

photo_1+(1).jpg

photo_2+(1).jpg

Well, they required a small amount of "clearancing" to get them to clear the rotor, but other than that, they fit perfectly. There's more room than it looks like in this picture...

IMG_3275.jpg

My Mark will be pulling parts running duty today getting pieces for the new parts chaser.

Have no idea what was going through the previous owners head with what he did? He put a piece of wood bolted to the frame across under the bed but it is about a 1/4 inch or so under it. It is also wider than the bed side cause the curve in, so it made it a nightmare to remove single handed :mad: Nice thing is it took aprox 30 minutes to unbolt the bed and unplug the wires so I could pull it.

I lowered it about 3/4 of an inch. Will get some pics when the gf gets home from work (her iPhone takes better pics than my pos).

Ok, I got a pic out front of the bar I DJ in (I know the car is dirty - all my vehicles pretty much stay dirty since I live on a dirt road):

LSClowered.jpg

Air Shock lol

2012-06-AirShockBox.jpg

Who did you order from?

Did you just buy it??

I got both of mine through Tousley Ford for $374 (passenger side). I noticed the driver side is now up to $366. It was $334 when I bought it back in November'ish.

I'm just glad that I've got both the fronts over with (the passenger side comes in on Tuesday).

Now waiting for the rears to die :eek:

got car finally back from having the front suspension redone, new air bag, one caliper, brakes, misc little stuff and the car rides beautifully. now hand controls next week and stereo and its on the road.thanks VERY MUCH MYGREAT8 WITHOUT WHICH NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE. stepped up to be what a friend is supposed to do. no strings or bull****.:dancefool

Did you just buy it??

I got both of mine through Tousley Ford for $374 (passenger side). I noticed the driver side is now up to $366. It was $334 when I bought it back in November'ish.

I'm just glad that I've got both the fronts over with (the passenger side comes in on Tuesday).

Now waiting for the rears to die :eek:

Yes, I bought both sides for the front. Both to the door totaled $723 and when you get yours on, the ride will amaze you. Nothing like new in the box front air shocks. I used to think it rode smooth in the city and on the HWY but after installing both of them, now I know what these cars felt like when they came off the lot and were test driven. 100% improvement. I have two sets of rears but I have learned something since putting out $723 for the front ones. Keep them clean. Wipe them off from time to time and use a rubber conditioner every few months. I'm happy to see someone else is actually buying new Motorcraft air shocks for their car and not resorting to springs. :) You'll be good to go in the front for at least 15 years or longer but treat them right and they will likely give you a longer life. It's rubber and it moves up and down and I believe if they are kept clean and conditioned, the life will be stretched. Also dodge all the pot holes if at all possible.

hand controls

took my hand controls today which were a mix of steel and aluminum were slightly oxidized and rusted from sitting in wreck for a month and sanded them up and painted to match car in black.
2012-08-21135759.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back