What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Cleaned the carpet, polished the mufflers and tips, hooked up front suspension and brakes, cleaned the front wheels

Cleaned the carpet, polished the mufflers and tips, hooked up front suspension and brakes, cleaned the front wheels

And they look this clean.

20120822_123855.gif

kinda.

no.

when you redrilled hubs you already had the bigger brakes and calipers,right?and you have real cobra rims what are the backspacing from my calculations it moves the outer edge closer to fender a few mm? i was thinking about redrilling because im tired of waiting on the rims i want and going to use stock rotors,until i can get better brakes.i was told that elongating the holes on the stock rotors wont cause any issues. it just seems that elongating the holes will make the rotor slip or not work right under braking.

when you redrilled hubs you already had the bigger brakes and calipers,right?

nope, rolled stock brakes for a few weeks with the cobra wheels. they looked tiny and insignificant.

you have real cobra rims

yes.

what are the backspacing from my calculations it moves the outer edge closer to fender a few mm?

26 mm offset, 9 inches wide, 3.5 ish inches of front spacing.
stock wheels are 36 mm offset, 7 inches wide, 2 ish inches of front spacing.
my wheels are 1.5 inches closer to the fender. tight fit.

i was thinking about redrilling because im tired of waiting on the rims i want

i would have redrilled long ago. actually, i did!

going to use stock rotors,until i can get better brakes.

that's fine. i did too for awhile. a then ended up with 2 sets of 13 inch cobra brakes. oops. :D

i was told that elongating the holes on the stock rotors wont cause any issues.

yep. no issues.

it just seems that elongating the holes will make the rotor slip or not work right under braking.

nope. the rotors are centered by the center ring on the wheel hub. (the front hub size is the same between the mustang and mark viii.( NOT the studs. they don't do anything but hold and center the wheel.

rotors are HUB-CENTRIC, wheels are LUG-CENTRIC.

those rotors i slotted are still in use today on a 92 SHO. still no issues.

its serious, was it a ray switch or coil lower?i mst have misst have missed how it was done.

People that still have air can "Sensor Lower" it by moving the height sensors. I'm surprised you never knew that. Heck, I knew that before I even bought mine.

P.s. Not sure what was done to the above car but the one I mentioned is the most common and free, no auto adjustments though. Set it and forget it.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/sensorlowering.htm

People that still have air can "Sensor Lower" it by moving the height sensors. I'm surprised you never knew that. Heck, I knew that before I even bought mine.

P.s. Not sure what was done to the above car but the one I mentioned is the most common and free, no auto adjustments though. Set it and forget it.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/sensorlowering.htm

My car is the car pictured above, and I have converted to the JJJJ Sport springs so it wasn't as easy as just 'lower the sensor'. The rear was lowered already because the springs sit deeper in the pocket (since the pocket was made for air bags) and I didn't use any perches; the front I lowered by re-drilling the shock/spring assembly with some holes that were 3/4" higher on the bottom (where they bolt to the control arm). I'll try to get some pics later.

found my keys wedged between the couch cushions, took it to ABC Warehouse to figure out my main fuse on my subs went out for the third time but their guy had already left.

found my keys wedged between the couch cushions, took it to ABC Warehouse to figure out my main fuse on my subs went out for the third time but their guy had already left.

What size wire and fuse are you running? What type of amp? Are you cranking the gains? Clipping the ish out of it?

not sure what size wire, they put it in. It's just a small Infinity amp. I'm not doing any thing crazy with just a little thump in the trunk

My guess is that the fuse is too small for the wire (pulling more amps then the fuse can handle) or your amp isn't setup correctly. Then theres always a possibility of a short somewhere, it all depends on when it blows (@ full tilt? ) and how often it blows.

My guess is that the fuse is too small for the wire (pulling more amps then the fuse can handle) or your amp isn't setup correctly. Then theres always a possibility of a short somewhere, it all depends on when it blows (@ full tilt? ) and how often it blows.

Took it in today and it was the fuse on the amp

Well, seeing Magneto's progress thread motivated me to start taking apart my spare drivers seat so that I can swap the back frame and cushion to mine.

Pretty uneventful, I've had alot of experience swapping power/manual buckets and benches from town cars into Marquis and vics ect. This was easy peesy.

Might finish it before winter, not really in any sort of rush. Also have to decide if I want to sell the seat track or not.

seat 001.jpg

seat 002.jpg

seat 003.jpg

My idler pulley seized on me yesterday on my 1 mile drive to college. Thank god I picked up on the squeek and noticed the pulley. 20 minutes and a good friend later for a ride to autozone all was well!

owned the car exactly a week now. didnt have time to really mess with it last weekend, so i got a few things done today.
1. removed chrome wheel arches
2. installed 6k drop in hids
3. air bag sensor 'drop' to lower the car.

dont have any before pics... fail on my part but here is how it currently looks.
375911_217714151690682_409055147_n.jpg

253955_217713955024035_1455483484_n.jpg

375911_217714151690682_409055147_n.jpg

Nice stance. Now get a pin stripe remover wheel and put it on a cordless drill and get the pin striping off. You'll love the difference it makes. The wheel I used on the black 94 I had was made out of some kind of hard rubber like polyurethane but I done the whole car and used a compound when I had it all off. The whole job from start to finish took me right at 45 minutes. Looked much better.

Well, seeing Magneto's progress thread motivated me to start taking apart my spare drivers seat so that I can swap the back frame and cushion to mine.

Pretty uneventful, I've had alot of experience swapping power/manual buckets and benches from town cars into Marquis and vics ect. This was easy peesy.

Might finish it before winter, not really in any sort of rush. Also have to decide if I want to sell the seat track or not.

Nice job there caprice!! Make it purty..

Members online

No members online now.
Back