What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Fixed that for you. :D

And a good job I might add!

Bravo and good job!!:D

On another note, has anyone ever noticed the interior trim differences between the gen1 and gen2? On the gen1 the upper door panel trim continues to the rear side panels and over the door and down the A pillar. On the gen2's the 2-tone trim is only on the door panel and doesn't continue to the rear side C pillar panels. It's like they upgraded the interior for the gen2 but went cheap on the interior paint. It makes the interior look "unfinished". Some day I would like to take the rear side trim panel and upper door trim and A pilalr trim off and paint match it to the door panels.

Interior Trim Comparo.jpg

Interior Trim Comparo.jpg

Took my Mark to go pick up my new used Chevy C1500 pick up truck yesterday. Day before that some guy stopped by my work in a black Mark with LED under the headlights to ask about my Octa stars. He was looking for a set but I'm not selling mine yet. So he went a few blocks up the street to the hubcap store instead to find something.

Replaced the oil pressure sending unit and changed the oil in my 96. It puked about 2 quarts of oil on the garage floor this week. Thank goodness it happened in the garage and not on the road!

I did absolutely nothing to it, not even a wash as it's supposed to rain today. The only highlight in regards to the mark this weekend was scraping the f out of its belly on a nice 3-4" drop in a 25mph construction zone. I crawled over it and it still managed to get me good, prob the worst one yet. :(

Was it a SHO?

Hard to tell. I don't think so. It was just a town cop car. Probably just a FWD model. And I met it coming around a curve so I didn't get a really good look. It was white with the new trapezoidal grill. I think the new Taurus is not a bad looking car overall. It's just too tall and fat and dumpy looking for my taste.

Same guy stopped in my shop today to try to buy my Octa Stars off my car. Said he was going to NY to buy a 98' that has a set of em on it and then was gonna part it out, so do I need any parts? Said no as I still have my Silver 98' as ain't had one bite on CL yet :(

On the other hand I filled up the 2 pass side tires as they were both down by 10psi. When I filled my car this morning it read 0 miles left on info center. So $67 total :eek:

quick question. Does the ECM in 97-98 control the ignition coils directly or is there some kind of separate module between the ECM and COP's that does the firing?

I tried digging around for ECM diagrams on google but I can't find any

quick question. Does the ECM in 97-98 control the ignition coils directly or is there some kind of separate module between the ECM and COP's that does the firing?

I tried digging around for ECM diagrams on google but I can't find any

Looks like it's direct.

Gen2Ignition.jpg

DLF thanks for the diagram!

Some co-workers and I were kicking around ideas on what's causing my problem!

Haven't done a damn thing to the car except drive to work and back. Front tires are just about worn completely out. They're wearing really bad on the inside becuase of the worn out SRB's and lower ball joints. I've got new SRB's and LCA's ready to install, but I can't afford the alignment and the Exploder's brakes are shot and I can't afford to fix them so I can have something to drive while I work on the LSC. Life sucks...:(

Haven't done a damn thing to the car except drive to work and back. Front tires are just about worn completely out. They're wearing really bad on the inside becuase of the worn out SRB's and lower ball joints. I've got new SRB's and LCA's ready to install, but I can't afford the alignment and the Exploder's brakes are shot and I can't afford to fix them so I can have something to drive while I work on the LSC. Life sucks...:(

Don't forget my offer to help...

Also, I've got a VERY low mile stock size tire that I'll likely never need. I bought it for my 97 when one of the previous tires crapped out. Then I decided to just get 4 brand new tires cuz the rest were in sad shape too. I couldn't bear to let the tire shop keep a tire I just spent $100 on, so I kept it "just in case"

i feel you bro. im broke as a joke.

Pulled out my original console trim and purchased a spare just in case I jacked it up trying to apply a really cool dark grey aluminum vinyl sheet. Given that it was 110 today here in balmy California, I sweltered repeatedly as well as fussed substantially with removing and replacing the trim. Oh... and the sticker SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!! It would have been awesome, but the curves on our trim were too much for me and the f*in sticker. F*!!!!

Okay. I'm all better now.

Need to put the Solenoid in my Silver LSC to fix the trans so I can sell it to make room for the V8 S10 Blazer I traded my TA for. Plus I have to pull the bed off my C1500 to replace the leaking gas tank. Prolly gonna rain again today so I will got nothing accomplished :(

Don't forget my offer to help...

I haven't forgotten. And I really do appreciate it. I'm just trying to figure out a good time when my wife's not on call on the weekend and I have enough gas money to get down there and back:)

i feel you bro. im broke as a joke.

It's sad. But I think there are a lot of us in this particular boat...:(

Hey guys, where's the PCM in the 97-98's? Tried searching the forum. I don't want ot start ripping apart all the panels just to find it! I'm so used to everything being in the passenger kickpanel in my previous other cars.

On a side note, I was hoping to get my new Ford air strut for the passenger side today but didn't get it. I'm going to the MS Windows 8 Dev "camp" in Orlando tomorrow morning which is a good 1.5 hours away. To improvise, I ran a wire to the air switch in the trunk so I can control it from inside the cabin so I won't burn out the pump on the highway. Sounds McGyver'ish but it'll do until I get my strut.

Hey guys, where's the PCM in the 97-98's? Tried searching the forum. I don't want ot start ripping apart all the panels just to find it! I'm so used to everything being in the passenger kickpanel in my previous other cars.

On a side note, I was hoping to get my new Ford air strut for the passenger side today but didn't get it. I'm going to the MS Windows 8 Dev "camp" in Orlando tomorrow morning which is a good 1.5 hours away. To improvise, I ran a wire to the air switch in the trunk so I can control it from inside the cabin so I won't burn out the pump on the highway. Sounds McGyver'ish but it'll do until I get my strut.

Drivers side, up above the E-Brake, to the right but straight up and has one bolt holding it up there in it's casing. Can't miss it.

Air Shock lol

2012-06-AirShockBox.jpg

Who did you order from?

Members online

No members online now.
Back