What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Thanks for the info ya'll. I have alot of patience with that kind of stuff. I also think the same way, what ya got to loose lolol. Have Ya'll heard about putting them in the oven to soften up the glue? Just wondering?

Pulled the bumper to replace my grill. The manual has everything you need to know but leaves out the two plastic clips on each side under the headlights. You just need to push them up but I did not figure it out till I removed the headlights.

bumper.jpg

Got a really nice grill from NoLimit today. Thanks again man.

grill.jpg

Had an oil sending unit go bad on me too, but on an 86 Chevy Cavalier. Not fun watching oil get spilled everywhere.

That's got to be a small relief. What condition do you think the rear will be in? I can imagine not good after getting hammered into by the halfshaft from the wreck.

the rear is sitting in front of me w/ the 4.10's.brand new and trac loc, scratch all else. ive basically got this. 01 cobra intake, mach 1 shaker scoop w/all accesories, the 106100 cams or may be seling and gong 106400, 0r 106300, if im going all the way it'll be 106400, no need to really except to be the baddest n/a mark ever assembled and looking at over 450hp n/a. im looking at doing things the way they should have been done from the get go without going through a few motors in the process. if i stick with the origional plan 106100 cam 04 mach 1 heads, intake,and shaker scoop if nothing but for looks, but we know a few hp is there,the calculations say over 400hp under 425hp, got a few body improvements as well as lights. im just sorryit took all this to get me here, but as we know the path less traveled yeilds the best results.i will post the progress to my best LVC buddies as they come along aND we'llsee the best lincoln to ever grace these pages(i hope). thanks be to my FRIENDS including mygreat8, kirk, 94m5, geno and im sorry if ileft anyone outas its 1 am and a llllllooooooooonnnnnnnnng day.

Installed the grill:

newgrill.jpg

Still need a chrome strip for above it ... anyone?

Tried a 0-60 run with my new "Car Performance" Android app.:rolleyes: Supposedly, it uses the phone's GPS chip to give you an accurate reading of your time-to-speed runs. Unfortunately, this one must be on crack or something:D It told me I went from 0-60 in 3.86 seconds:eek: Oh if only it were true...:(

Tried a 0-60 run with my new "Car Performance" Android app.:rolleyes: Supposedly, it uses the phone's GPS chip to give you an accurate reading of your time-to-speed runs. Unfortunately, this one must be on crack or something:D It told me I went from 0-60 in 3.86 seconds:eek: Oh if only it were true...:(

Only if it were falling off of a cliff

Only if it were falling off of a cliff

The phone or the car? :D thaywood, you're trying to get those Bugatti times aren't you? Those phone apps suck. Most of them do anyway. I don't really care if anyone believes it or not but I know that mine is doing it in the 6's. It's not a flat 6 and it's not a flat 7 but seems to be in between 6.63 to 6.89. I had the video on youtube but I had some pecker head that swore up and down that I was going downhill and I was not. I even have a 200 lb speaker box in the trunk and amps, stock gears but the damn car is fast for it to be stock. Anyway, got tired of the bickering with the fukstick on youtube and I removed the video. What's important is that I know what it does. The only truthful way of knowing is by going to the strip but mine only has the 1/8th, not 1/4. I'm not driving to TN just to run a 1/4 mile for myself or anyone. I drive easy and it's not a race car.

Got a really nice grill from NoLimit today. Thanks again man.

grill.jpg

I really hated letting that grille go. Now I'm missing it lol. That was my backup. I got it from Paul Van and had plans on keeping it in the closet, along with other stuff I have but I hate to see a Mark that needs one. I know you all in Canada have a hard time finding parts and then finding someone to ship to you there. If someone in Canada is willing to take the cost of shipping and customs or w/e fees come with the part, I'm all for shipping it there. I will get it to you safely. Just like the black fender I shipped there. It made it without a scratch, dent, bend or anything. The grille has an excellent shine, compared to many others I have seen. Is the eyebrow bent in the middle right side or is the grille not pushed up against it?

I really hated letting that grille go. Now I'm missing it lol. That was my backup. I got it from Paul Van and had plans on keeping it in the closet, along with other stuff I have but I hate to see a Mark that needs one. I know you all in Canada have a hard time finding parts and then finding someone to ship to you there. If someone in Canada is willing to take the cost of shipping and customs or w/e fees come with the part, I'm all for shipping it there. I will get it to you safely. Just like the black fender I shipped there. It made it without a scratch, dent, bend or anything. The grille has an excellent shine, compared to many others I have seen. Is the eyebrow bent in the middle right side or is the grille not pushed up against it?

That was very nice of you limit. It's hard to let go of spares of anything for these cars, a grille is def at the top of that list.. Such a nice guy :p

The chrome strip is bent. I got it mostly straight but I do need a new one.

The phone or the car? :D thaywood, you're trying to get those Bugatti times aren't you? Those phone apps suck. Most of them do anyway. I don't really care if anyone believes it or not but I know that mine is doing it in the 6's. It's not a flat 6 and it's not a flat 7 but seems to be in between 6.63 to 6.89. I had the video on youtube but I had some pecker head that swore up and down that I was going downhill and I was not. I even have a 200 lb speaker box in the trunk and amps, stock gears but the damn car is fast for it to be stock. Anyway, got tired of the bickering with the fukstick on youtube and I removed the video. What's important is that I know what it does. The only truthful way of knowing is by going to the strip but mine only has the 1/8th, not 1/4. I'm not driving to TN just to run a 1/4 mile for myself or anyone. I drive easy and it's not a race car.

Yeah most of those phone apps are pretty lame. I just thought I'd give it a try. The speedometer setting is pretty accurate. It's within .01mph of my Garmin's reading. But apparently the stopwatch setting is garbage:D Were you the one who put a comment on my youtube vid of my '96 doing a 6.8+/- second 0-60 run? I recall something in the comment about being on LVC and somebody claiming you were going downhill. Don't ya hate those cheezewads who just argue with you for the sake of argument and really don't have a fvcking clue what they're talking about? I miss that car. It was a helluva lot faster than the '97:(

After a long time of thinking, figured out the car really wasn't for me even tho I love it. I'm looking to get a 05-09 Mustang GT. I can't wait to be able to drive again either, not for atleast another month or two cause of a car accident I had in febuary, doctors figured it out that my neck was actually broken so I had to have surgery on my neck so I can't do much right now lol. Idk if he's going to sell it or not, if he does I'll definately let you guys know, I'd rather it go to someone on here than some shmoe on the street and see it get abused everyday.

too bad your not closer to me hahah Id be all over it.

Lol. I'd sell it to anyone on here with no hesitation, even though I really haven't contributed anything on here except get some info for myself I'll still come on the site because I still like the mark viii and I love to see progress threads and things like that. I'll let everyone know if he's going to sell it or not, he might want to keep it idk yet.

washed it.
put the battery tie-down back in.
got all the trash out.
considering pulling the subs and going to gateway's 1/4 mile next week.

Were you the one who put a comment on my youtube vid of my '96 doing a 6.8+/- second 0-60 run? I recall something in the comment about being on LVC and somebody claiming you were going downhill. Don't ya hate those cheezewads who just argue with you for the sake of argument and really don't have a fvcking clue what they're talking about? I miss that car. It was a helluva lot faster than the '97:(

Yeah, that was me that commented and I got tired of arguing back and forth with the other guy. He lives in TN somewhere and claimed to have a Mark that was faster or just as fast but he had all these mods done. Well, I'm sorry he had to be modded but I didn't go searching him down and saying my car could do what his does without mods.

I don't have a speed demon or anything but for stock, the car is very quick, even with stock gearing.

Washed it in and out for the first time in 2 weeks. I don't think i've missed a week all summer. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back