What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Dont scrap the motor and trans!!!!

someone give me an offer to cover the 500 and the motor is theirs.the trans is built to cover 750 hp all carbon fiber discs and whatever goodies, 400 rpm higher t/c 2300 with 12/12 warranty. i wanted to keep it butyou know how it goes.need the money now.

Wow, glad to see your ok.

If you part it, im interested in the headers.

Dont let it go to the scrapper.

damn man if I was in the better position, I would drive down there to buy your headers and/or rear pumpkin if it is still in one piece. :(

the dumb part im having is that these garage people are looking at book time for r+r divided by 2. the # is completely wrong because there is no care for wiring, hoses, harnesses, etc. just drop k member and trans crossmember and its done. maybe at the most 2 hours if your slow. all garages at $80hr want 5 hrs.they know im in a jam and wheelchair and ive watched people drop the motor outin under 3hrs taking care of disconnecting sensors, all tranny lines,a/c, wires, etc and thats disconnecting tranny which you dont have to do. everyone is a crook. ive even offered to give them the motor or any parts as long as i get the tranny and headers and coilovers. if i had a lift i could use i could do it myself from the wheelchair in 2 hours, ask rich. it really blows ive had 2 "friends" redo motors and screw me who i cant even talk to to help. one its my fault for ending it because he lied to me twice about changing things including the vlcm which blew the good motor he built with me and ran well, blew because of a stupid relay. are there any honest people out there any more?

-raises hand-
Wish you were closer man, I'd drop it out just because

Depending what part of Texas

"Its just a large piece of flat land where all we do is drink and fornicate"

the1, I guess it would be out of the question to put your car in a storage lot? Budget, UHaul, etc.? Usually they have an outside storage and inside. You could save some cash with outside storage and just cover the car. But I know what you mean about trusting people.

painted rims?

How did you paint them and what kinda paint did you use? When I got my Mark it was badly neglected and the clear coat was flaking off the rims so after a long process of sand paper and wire brush I got them looking better but dull aluminum looking and I was wanting to paint them ! I was going to use Vaseline on the wheels and spray the rims instead of UN mounting them>

the1, I guess it would be out of the question to put your car in a storage lot? Budget, UHaul, etc.? Usually they have an outside storage and inside. You could save some cash with outside storage and just cover the car. But I know what you mean about trusting people.

its the GR81. someone stole my identity while i was on a government required vacation for two years so when i got back i had to become the 1andonlyGR81.for those who dont habla- the great one:D
actually,i may have found someone. normally, if i had a job and not disability where i make 670 a month i would have paid the 500, but it is what it is.

Cleaned out my door jams, fuel filler opening, back of the gas door, trunk channels, and rims.

Cleaned my steering wheel and replaced the cover with a fresh black leather one :cool:

To bad the outside and inside still need washed and look like chit...lol

After a 30 min drive this morning , my car was spewing oil bad , made it home and got her on the jack stands , fired it back up and see the oil sender spitting like mad.
Had a new Motorcraft sender on the shelf, oil leak fixed.
Changed the oil, replaced the sway bar end links that were toast ,
And turned the rotors / replaced the pads with ceramics. Also replaced the driver fender well that had been broken before i even owned the car with one I got from a yard last month
Now she's back up to snuff.
I just couldn't stop workin on it today.

After a 30 min drive this morning , my car was spewing oil bad , made it home and got her on the jack stands , fired it back up and see the oil sender spitting like mad.
Had a new Motorcraft sender on the shelf, oil leak fixed.
Changed the oil, replaced the sway bar end links that were toast ,
And turned the rotors / replaced the pads with ceramics. Also replaced the driver fender well that had been broken before i even owned the car with one I got from a yard last month
Now she's back up to snuff.
I just couldn't stop workin on it today.

Had an oil sending unit go bad on me too, but on an 86 Chevy Cavalier. Not fun watching oil get spilled everywhere.

finally made arrangements to have car stripped and keep what i want at no cost.

That's got to be a small relief. What condition do you think the rear will be in? I can imagine not good after getting hammered into by the halfshaft from the wreck.

It's like a shower under a mark , and probably the only thing easily gotten to in the engine bay . Won't have to worry about the chassis and floorboard rusting

Finally got mine inspected after three years of sitting in the driveway yay !!!!

How did that work out for ya, by the way you said "yay" I'm assuming everything went OK? ? Had mine sitting for 4 years in the driveway recently, no inspection needed here, but been working on if for a few months now, just to get it up to par....

Ever heard someone say "yay" when things went totally wrong?
Except for Firemen, those guys love disaster

Yes it passed but knowing the inspector was a huge help. I had just bought 2 headlights from ebay and the driver was a iffy pass. Kinda disappointed in that but, is what it is....want to try to clean up the original ones....trying to find some info on that. The reflective material is pretty much gone lol. One thing is that from where had sat sooooo long the tires have a bad spot in them now and they wern't cheap. Very low mileage on them kinda sucks hoping it works out of them with driving?

Yes it passed but knowing the inspector was a huge help. I had just bought 2 headlights from ebay and the driver was a iffy pass. Kinda disappointed in that but, is what it is....want to try to clean up the original ones....trying to find some info on that. The reflective material is pretty much gone lol. One thing is that from where had sat sooooo long the tires have a bad spot in them now and they wern't cheap. Very low mileage on them kinda sucks hoping it works out of them with driving?

Just re-did my lights not long ago. Chrome was also gone. Cut lenses off and re-chromed with chrome rocker panel tape, a little glue and silicone and been holding up great! $15 invested, I figured if it didn't work I would just buy new housings. I can finally see at night! Probably not the recommended method but for $15 I thought WTF!

That's pretty much how its done, chrome tape and a lot of patience with an exacto knife..

You can cut out the shapes you need with printer paper, then transfer those patterns to another piece of paper, take that to a Sticker/Sign place and they can lazer cut them..and you can have a few made pretty easy

Members online

No members online now.
Back