What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Greased my front upper and lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends yesterday. No more squeaky-creaky (for the time being anyway). I desperately need to get those LCA's and SRB's installed. But I've got to fix the front brakes on the Exploder first so I'll have something to drive while the LSC is down for repair. But first I've got to find some money...

Also tried to get the car to lower some more. I have already adjusted the front height sensors as high as they will go and drilled new holes 1/2" higher and moved the brackets up. And yesterday, I moved the rear height sensor bracked up as far as it would go and jacked the front and rear ends up with the air ride switch on so the springs would vent and lowered it back down to see if that would change anything. Nope. It still refuses to lower. It is sitting at what appears to be just a smidge lower than stock ride height. This is very perplexing and irritating as hell. I just don't get it at all:confused:

I'm beginning to suspect that I may have bad height sensors. I'd like to try some new ones but They're going for upwards of $50 each on fleabay and that's stupid.

sounds like your vent at the compressor is stuck shut

interesting.........

Very. I'm going to try a couple mor little things maybe this afternoon after work. I'm going to drill another hole and move the front brackets up another 1/4 inch if I can. The sensors are already completely compressed with the front end jacked up. If I move them up any more I'll have to put another jack under the LCA and raise it up in order to mount the height sensor. I'm also thinking I may lengthen the slot in the lower height sensor mount bracked so I can move it up a little more. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. It is lower than it was when I first adjusted it, but it's not as low as it should be. I did these same exact mods with my '96 and it lowered perfectly. I don't know what the fcuk is up with this car. It just doesn't want to cooperate.

Pounded the deer head dent in my drivers side fender almost out. Sanding and body filler tomorrow. Need to be ready for the grill I have coming from NoLimit which should put me almost back to where I was, plus a few grams from Bondo. ;)

I don't like the colour all that much so I'll bomb it for now.

You'll be happy with that grille. It's by far one of the best looking used grilles I have ever seen. Mine is 2 years old and they almost looked identical, if that's saying anything. I don't believe that grille has been out of the box for more than 4 years to be honest. Either that or the car it was off of had always been garage kept all it's life and was rarely driven. It will shine just like the one in your sig pic or better.

changed the oil. 71,000 miles.

trying to figure out if i want to pick up a 1969 fairlane 500 or put money into my mark.

I don't think it's stuck because it does vent down to "curb" height when I shut the car off and close the door. And it raises back up when I start the car.

thaywood, I know it's high but buy one per month if you can. They are in your sig pic and ebay has the deals sometimes or this place.

[url]http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=135154&yr=1998&mk=Lincoln&mo=Mark+Viii[/URL]

The other side is $303 and finding a better price on new ones is going to be hard to do. Just look at it this way, when they're on, they are going to be good for well over 10 years. I didn't find these prices when I bought mine. I did get a decent deal for $723 total for both and both were bought from different places. One from Tasca and one from eBay. I think a air shock swap to Motorcraft would not only work right but also last you for a long time in the end. The ride I am experiencing now is what it felt like off the lot when it was new. On the HWY is amazing and the bumpy roads in Huntsville, AL., it takes very well now.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS17-Spring/dp/B0011DTY2U/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1342375110&sr=1-1&keywords=AVS17[/URL]

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS16-Spring/dp/B0011DSB6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1342375159&sr=1-1&keywords=AVS16[/URL]

I can't find them any cheaper than this. Sell a kid or something lol.

If you don't figure it out, the Mark will figure it out for you. They need your full attention. If not given, you will pay. Remember that.

yeah hahahaha especially mine, shes a greedy bitch.

SHHHH shes in the garage hope she didn't hear me say that. :shifty:

Fixed the problem on the second mark today. fan wasn't coming on and the dad kept trying to tell me it was the VCRM. so after I let him do all of his crap to solve the problem and he couldn't get it to come on. I went up to advanced auto parts, bought a $3 40A fuse put it in the #22 slot and bam the fan started working. :rolleyes:

so lesson for him, don't over look the simple fixes to problems. hahahaha he's happy now his mark dosn't over heat.:D

got her detailed the other day, and eventually gonna have to share the garage again, the "carpet is still drying" excuse isnt working anymore. just gotta figure out what compressor is dying and swap it out then im ready to head north for a couple days and poke ritch in the side

lenses

I use Meguiars "PlastX". I was ghetto this time but it's the best they've ever looked. I ended up using a 4" disk that attached to the drill, wrapped a micro fiber cloth around it and secured the cloth with a zip tie around the shaft. My old attachment was comprimised from buffing my wheels this spring and I didn't feel like running out to get another. This was free and it worked great. :)

Thanks i will give it a try. Makes my all black 97 look old.

went to take last few pieces i could from wreck. couldnt find anyone willing to drop motor and trans for less than 500! crooks on a 2 hr scrap job,so mon letting motor, and built $2300 trans go to scrap with headers and coil susp.:(:mad:went with mygreat8 the only one willing to help.accepting offers to cover scrap charge to save any parts on car
2012-07-18161308.jpg

Got the dreaded Air Bag 32 errror and thought I had it fixed when I saw pretty bad corrosion on the under seat, yellow wire connector. Was going to the store to get Q-Tips among other things to clean the contact and found my Cruise Control is not working. I wondered if that sort of fabric like rustling I could hear when I turned the wheel all the way to the left meant anything. I guess it was my clockspring just about to fail.

Hi ho.

Installed new shift knob. ;)

Got the dreaded Air Bag 32 errror and thought I had it fixed when I saw pretty bad corrosion on the under seat, yellow wire connector. Was going to the store to get Q-Tips among other things to clean the contact and found my Cruise Control is not working. I wondered if that sort of fabric like rustling I could hear when I turned the wheel all the way to the left meant anything. I guess it was my clockspring just about to fail.

Hi ho.

Installed new shift knob. ;)

Have you got your grille yet?

I got pulled over in mine yesterday. The pig said I was speeding, I didn't stop at several stop signs, I wasn't wearing my belt, my tint is illegal, exhaust is too loud and my car is too low.

replaced my air compressor that had 100k on her, had to swap a ton of stuff over from the original one to the donor but shes up and running on 2 compressors again. i was starting to feel like dmaup liftin all slow and $hit lol

Yea that's what he said. I was in a small town about 2 hours south of Chicago, where my wife is from. This cop went to school with her and my mark is registered to her because of my record. He was hoping to get a look at her big ole bewbies I suppose. Once I rolled the windows down, the smile washed away from his face.

Members online

No members online now.
Back