What did you do to your LS today?

Opened my box from oddball. Unpacked the rear license surround (thanks oddball!). Epoxied the tab behind the lincoln emblem and installed the surround. Now my license plate doesn't hang crooked any more. Plus, the chrome was better on the replacement part.

More underhood cleaning today.

20130701_151952.jpg

20130701_155147.jpg

20130701_160834.jpg

20130701_151952.jpg

20130701_155147.jpg

20130701_160834.jpg

I haven't had the time or many windows of good weather opportunities, so I only have a few shots that I took with my camera phone just pulling over on the way somewhere. I still have some touch up to do, peeling in areas and when it is cure enough to have tape on it black out the grille in the bumper. The color is extremely dependant on the lighting. You will notice while one mirror in the shade is dark and the other is very bright. The color will go from a very dark gray to a medium gray to a bright silver.IMG_20130624_154414.jpgIMG_20130624_154404.jpgIMG_20130624_154351.jpg

IMG_20130624_154414.jpg

IMG_20130624_154404.jpg

IMG_20130624_154351.jpg

Dan Ro looks great man. We need better photos, though!

But it looks like you did a great job on the spraying etc. Can't wait to see more.

I'd put them on the same level as the stock 06's. Maybe a little better just because they're different.

Replaced my alternator, front passenger window regulator, and coolant tank. Alternator was the pain of the 3

I haven't had the time or many windows of good weather opportunities, so I only have a few shots that I took with my camera phone just pulling over on the way somewhere. I still have some touch up to do, peeling in areas and when it is cure enough to have tape on it black out the grille in the bumper. The color is extremely dependant on the lighting. You will notice while one mirror in the shade is dark and the other is very bright. The color will go from a very dark gray to a medium gray to a bright silver.View attachment 828459870View attachment 828459871View attachment 828459872

Very bad a$$!

get some more pics and start a thread..I want details!!!! good job!

Got new tires. Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2, name is horrible and way to long but the tire is pretty dang awesome.

IMAG0767.jpg

They are a new tire so not many reviews exist for them. However, they had a pretty great UTQG rating of 500,AA,A and they were cheap, and came with a rebate. $420 total for all four, and that includes shipping and the rebate. So far so good, much much better than my terrible Goodyear LS II's.

Anyway while my car was on the rack I took the opportunity to check out my suspension components and sure enough, rear toe/stabilizer or the 238 names for it needs replaced.
IMAG0761.jpgIMAG0762.jpgIMAG0763.jpg

The passenger side is long gone, and the drivers side hasn't torn yet but its imminent. I read this entire thread http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?75683-Rear-Toe-Link-Tie-Rod-Lateral-Bar-options-other-then-ford&highlight=rear+toe+links and it gave me a lot of help but I still need some input. On the last page a member links a set of Stabilizer and Sway bar links for a good price from ebay, however the part manufacture is unknown. Another member states they are deutsche parts, if that is the case than no thank you. They are not synonymous with quality. They are interesting because the include the "compression sleeve" like the OEM parts which are very hard to find. Also, to add to my woes, a jag version is also submitted that is a direct fit but does not have the compression sleeves, some users don't report any tangible difference so it seems acceptable and build quality looks great. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated but please provide any relevant info in Kumba's thread linked above to keep all the good info in that one very good thread.

Also, I'll provide updates on the tires as life goes on.

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

Same position haha. Almost pulled the trigger on the deeza ones lastnight. Was just about to dig up that toe link thread too.

Hopefully another member can report back with their mileage and how their particular brand of stabilizer is holding up so I can make a better choice. I need to order these and front and rear struts before I can install my eibach springs, so needless to say, I am anxious.

Got new tires. Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2, name is horrible and way to long but the tire is pretty dang awesome.

View attachment 828459922

They are a new tire so not many reviews exist for them. However, they had a pretty great UTQG rating of 500,AA,A and they were cheap, and came with a rebate. $420 total for all four, and that includes shipping and the rebate. So far so good, much much better than my terrible Goodyear LS II's.

Anyway while my car was on the rack I took the opportunity to check out my suspension components and sure enough, rear toe/stabilizer or the 238 names for it needs replaced.
View attachment 828459923View attachment 828459924View attachment 828459925

The passenger side is long gone, and the drivers side hasn't torn yet but its imminent. I read this entire thread http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?75683-Rear-Toe-Link-Tie-Rod-Lateral-Bar-options-other-then-ford&highlight=rear+toe+links and it gave me a lot of help but I still need some input. On the last page a member links a set of Stabilizer and Sway bar links for a good price from ebay, however the part manufacture is unknown. Another member states they are deutsche parts, if that is the case than no thank you. They are not synonymous with quality. They are interesting because the include the "compression sleeve" like the OEM parts which are very hard to find. Also, to add to my woes, a jag version is also submitted that is a direct fit but does not have the compression sleeves, some users don't report any tangible difference so it seems acceptable and build quality looks great. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated but please provide any relevant info in Kumba's thread linked above to keep all the good info in that one very good thread.

Also, I'll provide updates on the tires as life goes on.

I replaced all upper control arm from tasca motorcraft (Jaguar stamped on them) brand. Replace front and rear stabilizer bar links Moog brand from rockauto along withfront tie rods with Moog brand. The rear toe links were replaced with deeza parts also from rock auto. Same day I got it back, I fitted it with bfg g force 235 / 45 Zr 17 94y tires. The guy that took care of alignment and balancing was gone for the day. The owner guaranteed 200 miles of driving during the weekend anything went wrong he would replace any and all damage (had him sign the receipt stating that) ended up driving about 180 miles that weekend. The tires and alignment held up, my mechanic did an awesome job replacing the parts. Have driven about 2500 miles since. Tires look and feel good. Took some pics of the deeza toe links as they are now.

Driver side
IMG_20130703_175445_259.gif

IMG_20130703_175329_967.gif

Passenger side
IMG_20130703_175658_194.gif

IMG_20130703_175519_067.gif

That second pic on the driver side I need to take back. As far as performance its way better. Better than out the dealer parts I really wouldn't know. The stabilizer bars were gone when I bought the car tie rods were getting there. I figured I'd save up for tires and suspension parts.

only chrome left is around the windows,and that will be next to do. im liking it.

Started that this past weekend as well, managed to get 2/3 of the driverside rear window done before I got good and pissed off about the air bubbles. will revisit next weekend or soon. Was trying to get too much done in one day and was rushing as I had to get back to work as well.

Yeah, Hankook's, since I swapped out to some of them Hankook, I simply get not get any squawking noises from the rears, I can feel them lite up but more traction than noise. Along with the 19" wheels, thing rides on rails.

... set of Stabilizer and Sway bar links ... manufacture is unknown ... Another member states they are deutsche parts, if that is the case than no thank you. They are not synonymous with quality.

Hmm, this I don't understand, "deutsche" meaning German, they are in fact known for their quality workmanship.
Bosch, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen and Mercedes ... boatload of things coming out of Germany that are nothing but quality.
German Engineering, always heard good things about it, hard to beat quality, however, not all things in life are created equally.

It may be a case of reputation lost as they most certainly were well known for delivering quality, (at one point). We may also have read a different book.

<shrugs> I believe in German quality engineered products but ... watch the small print "Made in China" Everyone is an Exporter/Importer these days.

Yeah, Hankook's, since I swapped out to some of them Hankook, I simply get not get any squawking noises from the rears, I can feel them lite up but more traction than noise. Along with the 19" wheels, thing rides on rails.

Hmm, this I don't understand, "deutsche" meaning German, they are in fact known for their quality workmanship.
Bosch, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen and Mercedes ... boatload of things coming out of Germany that are nothing but quality.
German Engineering, always heard good things about it, hard to beat quality, however, not all things in life are created equally.

It may be a case of reputation lost as they most certainly were well known for delivering quality, (at one point). We may also have read a different book.

<shrugs> I believe in German quality engineered products but ... watch the small print "Made in China" Everyone is an Exporter/Importer these days.
Yeah Hankook is really turning into quite the contender in the tire world. Everyone I know that has them has no complaints and they have a 97% rating on consumer reports. If these are as good as the rest of Hankook's reputation I'll most likely be a customer for life.

As for the other point about the parts, you needed to take it more literally, and less generally. Germans really do have a penchant for engineering and tons of quality companies exist that make very high quality parts from Germany.

HOWEVER, Deutsche parts is the name of an actual company who makes low quality parts under that name in order to convey quality to you. http://www.deutschepartsusa.net/

ah 10-4 and they succeeded. Not real Germans ... understood.

i broke like 2 deutsche parts ball joints installing them.
then i bought a moog ball joint.

Members online

Back