What did you do to your LS today?

I replaced my front inside driver side door handle. I had to drill those rivets that holds the door handle and replaced it with nuts and bolts.

uploadfromtaptalk1372962641790.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372962735265.jpg

Just blacked out my lower grille. As you can see, the LS was very happy to be receiving more Plasti Dip and getting blacked out.IMG_20130704_181632.jpgIMG_20130704_192533.jpg

IMG_20130704_181632.jpg

IMG_20130704_192533.jpg

Why the narrower tire, Chris?

II had 225/55's on there when I bought it and never looked into it and thought they were the stock size. Only after shopping for tires did I realize that I was running a narrower but taller tire. I bumped It down to 50 sidewall so I stopped looking like a Subaru, and after checking the price on tire rack I saw they were putting a premium on the OEM size, came out to something like 16$ more per tire and I just didn't see 10mm more width really worth that. Considering I had been running 225's all along with no issues, I stuck with it.

Installed V-LEDS throughout the interior, trunk, license plate and front turn signals cant wait for the evening to really appreciate the difference.

IMG_1078.jpg

Installed V-LEDS throughout the interior, trunk, license plate and front turn signals cant wait for the evening to really appreciate the difference.

I wish ... can't figure out the GEN I bulb line charge that runs through the system, causing most LED to either stay on dimmed or total misbehaviour. The Amber LED turns are impossible for me. couldn't keep the brake light or reverse LED's in, had to take them out. Only running trunk and Plate LEDS which stay on for 30 minutes until system goes into sleep mode.

~ got frustrated and gave up on LED's. <sigh>

I wish ... can't figure out the GEN I bulb line charge that runs through the system, causing most LED to either stay on dimmed or total misbehaviour. The Amber LED turns are impossible for me. couldn't keep the brake light or reverse LED's in, had to take them out. Only running trunk and Plate LEDS which stay on for 30 minutes until system goes into sleep mode.

~ got frustrated and gave up on LED's. <sigh>

Hmmm thats weird, which manufacturer of LED's did you use, I know on these they've instructed me to bend the contact wire a lil to the outer edges to get the maximum contact in the socket and also on some you might have to wire in a load resistor so the system compensates for the much lower draw.

Been a busy day for the LS and me started the rear bumper restoration job, paint was peeling and had some pretty deep gouges in it so sanded and filled what needed it.

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Put some Qwik Detailer on 'er and hit the town. Noticed I have peeling clear under the rear bumper moldings, my trunk's rust is spreading like wildfire, and I really need to finish replacing a few parts in the front end ie. sway bar/bushings, lower ball joints, and tie rod ends is all that is left.

Thats a 2000 LS and you just put those V-LEDS in and there are no issues with them staying on ?
I did not use V-LEDS products myself, I was messing with some low cost no name brands from a seller on eBay.
They had resistors already inside them but they stayed on lightly dimmed.

I'd be really interested in hearing if you have any issues at all or what load resistors you had to place where.
Part list for the V-LEDS would be great also.

NVM, just looked at your picture closely and seen some numbers.

Thats a 2000 LS and you just put those V-LEDS in and there are no issues with them staying on ?
I did not use V-LEDS products myself, I was messing with some low cost no name brands from a seller on eBay.

I'd be really interested in hearing if you have any issues at all or what load resistors you had to place where.

I have a 2006 but I also initially went with a different brand and ended up replacing them with v-leds, they are the best I've found.
They have 20% off through July 7th w/ promo code BOOM20

So after further inspection last night i did notice after closing doors the leds we're dimmed quite a bit, the reason for this is caused by low voltage that constantly runs through the system, you dont see it with a regular filament type bulb cause they actually use up all the power in the circuit, there is two ways to get by this you can either replace some of the bulbs in the circuit with filament type bulbs or if you like to solder you can wire in a resistor which i will be trying myself, if that doesn't work i dont think I'll be to concerned with it because the draw is so minimal i doubt that they will drain my battery.

Took the LS to an inspection station since the CEL hadnt came back on yet, passed my State Inspection and 20 miles after leaving the inspection station my CEL came back on almost got me :p

Took the LS out a drive. Lots of looks in traffic. Including one guy that followed me for several lights to ask me " what kind of Lincoln is that?". LOL Just enjoyed driving it. Have not had much time to enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back