What did you do to your LS today?

Met up with Mlara today.. had a few beers... we tackled the sunroof tube fix.. super simple. Removed the weatherstripping from the door, removed the pillar cover, removed the visor screws, pulled the headliner down a bit and re-attached the tube. Much much easier than we thought it would be. He also plasti dipped my grille's center black and it looks amazing. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Put some M-seal on my windshield when I did my car a while back. Surprised how good it works considering it's not really meant for it. [video=youtube;8U5T0wGXiFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U5T0wGXiFY[/video]

So after further inspection last night i did notice after closing doors the leds we're dimmed quite a bit, the reason for this is caused by low voltage that constantly runs through the system, you dont see it with a regular filament type bulb cause they actually use up all the power in the circuit, there is two ways to get by this you can either replace some of the bulbs in the circuit with filament type bulbs or if you like to solder you can wire in a resistor which i will be trying myself, if that doesn't work i dont think I'll be to concerned with it because the draw is so minimal i doubt that they will drain my battery.

How did the 3157 Amber turns behave ? any chance you could keep me posted on what size load resistors worked for you when you get to it?

Took the LS to an inspection station since the CEL hadnt came back on yet, passed my State Inspection and 20 miles after leaving the inspection station my CEL came back on almost got me :p

HIGH-5 !!!

Put some M-seal on my windshield when I did my car a while back. Surprised how good it works considering it's not really meant for it. [video=youtube;8U5T0wGXiFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U5T0wGXiFY[/video]

right on, haven't seen that before, I'm sold on the AquaPel application which seems to last forever.
Can't remember the last time I put windshield washer fluid in.

20130428_092550.jpg

20130428_092550.jpg

RECHARGE TIME ... K&N filter cleaning.

20130706_223249.jpg

Bugs growing in it, yuck!

20130706_222553.jpg

censored.gif
the K&N Air filter Cleaner, it don't work worth a crap.
Back to the old faithful and trusted SPRAY NINE tough on grease, making the job a breeze.

20130706_225031.jpg

Drying ...

20130706_222553.jpg

20130706_223249.jpg

20130706_225031.jpg

Three little Piggy's sitting on a bench, Errr I mean, three little "projects" sitting on ... (to-do list?)

attachment.php

Re&Re ~ HITE Performance CAI heat shield

Bang, Bang Bang... snip, snip snip... Bang ~ needed to take just a little more off the top (again) to get it to sit just right.

20130706_235641.jpg

20130707_002037.jpg20130707_002125.jpg

20130707_002111.jpg

Bought two cans of this stuff from my neighbors hot rod shop after seeing how hard this stuff sets up, he had done the entire underside of a hood and frame rails on a custom rod, when I questioned why the hell he was using that rubber stuff. Oh but this is nothing but the best, it totally hardens and lasts forever, can be painted over, is flexible and withstands heat. Uses it on all sandblasted frames and such on his work. inside wheel wells also.

European Texture Rubberized Gravlguard PF 560 ~ http://www.proformproducts.com/en/products/info/?product=17&category=4

SOLD !!!, I'll take two cans please and thank you.

20130707_002237.jpg

Should have done up the HITE shield like this since day one.

20130706_235641.jpg

20130707_002037.jpg

20130707_002111.jpg

20130707_002125.jpg

20130707_002237.jpg

How did the 3157 Amber turns behave ? any chance you could keep me posted on what size load resistors worked for you when you get to it?

HIGH-5 !!!

right on, haven't seen that before, I'm sold on the AquaPel application which seems to last forever.
Can't remember the last time I put windshield washer fluid in.

View attachment 828460041

The 3157 so far i haven't experienced anything unusual, I will definitely keep you posted on my progress with this lil issue.

Are you preparing it for a shop to paint it or are you doing this yourself as well ?
looks good btw.

Met up with Mlara today.. had a few beers... we tackled the sunroof tube fix.. super simple. Removed the weatherstripping from the door, removed the pillar cover, removed the visor screws, pulled the headliner down a bit and re-attached the tube. Much much easier than we thought it would be. He also plasti dipped my grille's center black and it looks amazing. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Yup piece of cake. If I had known it'd be that easy I would have tackled this issue years ago when the problem started. Thanks for motivating me to finally do it J.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys.

mlara, that A-pillar (I finally managed to find one but only the passenger side was in best shape) how the hell does it come off ?
Is there a trick to it, it seems on there real good, I can tell where the clips are on the replacement I have but just can't seem to get the one in the LS off.
needs a little force w/ persuasion ? use a screwdriver and levy near the clips or just all around the sides ?

Yup just a little force around the areas where the clips are. Should pop right out...at least it should before anything breaks.

Might have to get my wife to do it for me ... it's too scary!

no screwdrivers to pry it though ?

Yup piece of cake. If I had known it'd be that easy I would have tackled this issue years ago when the problem started. Thanks for motivating me to finally do it J.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys.

You as well! Mosquitos raped me by ur house hahahahaha.. thanks for the help and the beers!

Are you preparing it for a shop to paint it or are you doing this yourself as well ?
looks good btw.

I'll be doing all the work myself, in another life i was a body/paint man and there is a reason it was another life, this stuff is to much like work and I cant be having none of that:D. BTW Thanks!

^ kudos on doing your own paint work.

meanwhile back at the farm ... I've always had troubles with the MAF housing not clamping down fully on the ANSI intake tube, the diameter of the housing is pretty close to the same size as the intake and it's hard plastic so it doesn't allow for any clamping force to sit tight. I've had tape wrapped around the tube in hopes of getting better clamping force with the MAF housing but the tape just gets warm and moves around.

So ... as I have the whole thing apart this weekend for cleaning of the K&N filter and redoing of the HITE heatshield, I opted to put a cut straight down the middle on both sides of the MAF housing, thereby giving it a gap and allowing it to close tighter when locked down.

The idea seems to work perfectly.

20130707_185547.jpg20130707_185634.jpg20130707_212657.jpg20130707_212706.jpg

K&N filter is still in the lab awaiting oiling this evening ... in the lab, hahaha!

20130707_185547.jpg

20130707_185634.jpg

20130707_212657.jpg

20130707_212706.jpg

Also raised a 06 Acura TL an hour ago on the highway, reached 120 before the limiter kicked in then he passed me... to get pulled over by a cruising officer 5 seconds later. Kinda glad the limiter happened or else I'd have one mean ticket

Put in the degas bottle. Pretty easy job other than the clamp was on upside down so getting pliers on it was quite tricky

Also raised a 06 Acura TL an hour ago on the highway, reached 120 before the limiter kicked in then he passed me... to get pulled over by a cruising officer 5 seconds later. Kinda glad the limiter happened or else I'd have one mean ticket

So instead of thinking he won he now thinks you saw the cop!!!!!!!!

That is hilarious.

Members online

No members online now.
Back