Show us your garage or workspace

Well, this is where I get my stuff done. A 12x20 car port. I added a 10x20 tarp to the side of the house attached to the wooden fence(shown on the 2nd picture). This basically helps me keep the cars out of the weather a little more. The tarp is a little lighter but it shows up SUPER bright on the picture. It's where my prairie tan is parked.

20121230_125518.gif

20121230_125916.gif

Then there's my little 8x10 man cave. I just bought this a couple months ago & I couldn't be happier. Prior to this I was using one of the house's bedrooms.

20121230_131253.jpg

20121230_131345.jpg

Gilby, that's an unfinished house! :D Seriously though, back there where the truck is setting, I would have to have a lift there or somewhere in there. Looks nice outside now that it's finished with the siding. Always liked that building since you bought it. Wasn't it last year or early this year?

Been in the place just over 2 years now. That is where the lift is going to go when I do get it. I just bought an 80gal air compressor and a new to me tool box... The lift should come later in 2013 if all goes as planned. We are saving up to do the kitchen and a deck and windows. then I am going to try to insulate and finish the inside of the garage but it all takes time and money...

20121229_162718.jpg

The homak box is my new one...

Campers are not mine they are Brother and Fathers. Sold off all Big blocks and most parts. Only have FI 502, Police Interceptor 440, EJ2.2 some SBC's and 1 '96 Mark engine left.

Benz is fathers too at least till he give up on it and gives it to me :cool:

Jack, you have a very nice garage also. Not huge but not little. It reminds me of some type of laboratory or something with the green paint and the flooring. I like the lift design you have in there. Very nice. I'm trying to understand the reason for the C-clamp collection you have in there lol. I really do like that shop though. I would definitely put in at least a 40" - 47" LCD in there just for the fun of it. It's not like the price is outrageous or anything, considering what you have invested into it already. Would also like to see a Mark VIII in there too. :)

Oh yeah, you might want to invest in one more mounted vice lol. I don't think you have enough. I can see you really believe in clamping things down.

Been in the place just over 2 years now. That is where the lift is going to go when I do get it. I just bought an 80gal air compressor and a new to me tool box... The lift should come later in 2013 if all goes as planned. We are saving up to do the kitchen and a deck and windows. then I am going to try to insulate and finish the inside of the garage but it all takes time and money...

20121229_162718.jpg

The homak box is my new one...

Yes, you have to keep the woman of the house happy. Get that kitchen done and she should be good to go. I love the size of the shop you have. It has so much potential and yes, insulating it would be very very nice. When my little double car garage was being rebuilt, I went to Lowe's and bought enough insulation for all walls and I can heat it with the little propane sunflower heater within 15 to 30 min, depending on the outside temp at the time. Once it's warm though, it remains warm because of the insulation I put in. The carpet I have out there helps out too. I only put it in there because it was free and pretty much already cut to fit. When I walk out into the garage from the house, it still give you the feeling that you're still inside the "house" and not a garage.

Your garage / barn / shop, w/e you call it is going to be top notch when it's complete. I'd take it as is and be happy. A lift back in the left corner and maybe a chain engine lift over on the right hand side or section a small place off over there for a paint booth. It just has so much room in there for so much stuff. BTW, the "Snap On" toolbox loos like it has seen it's better days lol. I wouldn't get rid of it though. I'd put all the odd and end tools inside that one and roll it into a different location in there for friends and or family use. One of those tool boxes that if something comes up missing, then "oh well". Nothing like having your own toolbox that only YOU, uses.

Keep us updated on the progress with insulating and the lift. I'm not sure if you have a place in your area but about 45 min from me, there is a company that makes the wall sheets that goes inside mobile homes. They take the sheets that have flaws and sell them for around $5.00 a sheet. You could probably do that whole place for a decent price and it would help out the insulation, along with the inside looks. Maybe later down the road but it's something to look into. There are factory's out there that sell defective sheets, 1/4" thick for good prices. I bought a mobile home to rent out back in 2004 and it needed new walls. I think I done it all for under $300and the wall was called "sandstone". Looked real nice. I had pics but someone stole the digital camera I had back then and the card was still inside.

Mike, I love your shop also.

2012-12-28184825.jpg

You have the lift, also the engine hoist on a beam to go from one side to the other. It's not overly large and surely not small by any means. It's heated and I'm sure if it's not cooled, it will be soon. Love the stainless toolbox and having a computer out there for quick internet usage is a +. You too need a 40" or so LCD or LED TV out there for the people that hang out in the shop with you. You might be working but someone else might not be and it would be nice for those times when you're taking a break. If I'm doing something, I set down and take many breaks and watch TV in the garage and if someone comes over, I don't let them touch my car so, the only way I can entertain them is with something to drink and a place to sit and watch TV. Every channel they could want is all out there on the satellite receiver.

I would love to have a lift and will one day but not in this house. This is a rental I have been living in for 5 years, tomorrow. So for now, it's roll around hydraulic jacks for me and jack stands. Not like I get under my car often or restore cars like you do. I hope the police never come to your shop and see all those street signs lol. If they came to my house and caught me with all of those, I'd be taking a ride downtown and being asked questions. Anyway, all in all, I like your shop and the whole setup of it. Very nice! Move that yellow Pinto out of the way and get that 95 fixed up. :D

Bah.

Colorado Law enforcement has nothing to concern itself with.

Besides, I've never been one to concern myself with caring.

:)

lol :p I wouldn't mind having a few myself and have set my eyes on a few that I'd like to have but down here, they do concern themselves with caring about where you got them. I only moved here because of my 10 year old son. The school he has been going to since kindergarten is considered a "Master School" ([url]http://mes.madisoncity.k12.al.us/[/URL]) and until he is out of there, I have to remain here, in this district. Besides the nosy neighbor, I have no complaints but I am ready to get back to the country and that can happen when he gets into middle school. Another reason I wanted him to go to that particular school is because my dad went to the same school. I think it was a high school back then though.

the signs where savagled from a junk yard and strightened. i seen that illinois has strengten the laws on copper scrap and will problby do so on aluminum. Mike just installed bigger half shafts in the COBRA so we can put the 31 splines in the 8 when we get to it. we had some late night visitors as mike was getting ready for work at 4 . They deciced to vacate the premies after seeing the 380. i told him he should have put them on the ground and told them that they used up their welcome before letting them go . but it ended up ok.

Damn nice. And I'm jackson also :p. When I get my garage clean ill have half a 2 car garage to tinker in.

Get to do an egr delete and I might do my own head gaskets if you can believe that laser and sapp

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!! Ya'lls garages are friggin...buttlickable!.... hummmm I'd post pics....but why will mine be the only one with about 20 ... errr prolly 30..pairs of heels on one of the walls....? Hey, they save my back when working under the hood! Seriously!

I use it for bobsledding

What the hell kinda question is that?

I have a Gen2 hood with 1 tiny ding in it that I'd sell

Other than that, I'll make another hood like mine as long as both required hoods are provided with a deposit

I thought I saw pics of you making a cobra r type. Thought you scrapped the cobra eyes.

Lay off the JP-8
LMS makes a cobra R type.... and youve seen my hood completed...

Members online

No members online now.
Back