Show us your garage or workspace

Nothing much. Two Stalls with a work area to the side. We also have a large 2 car garage attached to the house.

2012-12-28185028.jpg

2012-12-28185008.jpg

2012-12-26170703.jpg

2012-12-28184946.jpg

2012-12-28184927.jpg

2012-12-28184908.jpg

2012-12-28185114.jpg

2012-12-28184825.jpg

2012-12-28185534.jpg

24 x 28 two car garage... a lot more crowded now with 24' of 8' high, 30" shelving system but a lot nicer entrance with a concrete driveway and full width apron in front.

mini-IMG00310-20100425-1421.jpg

mini-IMG00308-20100425-1420.jpg

mini-IMG00063-20110403-1529.jpg

mini-IMG00056-20110403-1522.jpg

mini-IMG00055-20110403-1521.jpg

mini-IMG00064-20110403-1534.jpg

Nothing much. Two Stalls with a work area to the side. We also have a large 2 car garage attached to the house.

:p Nice stainless toolbox. Nice garage and very nice collection of service manuals. It's all just NICE!!! :shifty: :D

24 x 28 two car garage... a lot more crowded now with 24' of 8' high, 30" shelving system but a lot nicer entrance with a concrete driveway and full width apron in front.

Screw all you guys with your sweet, stainless toolboxes!!!!! :slap:

as any garage owner will tell you NO 1 the damm thing is never to big. NO 2 i will never let it get cluttered . NO3 i don't have the right tools. ok enough of this rant who has other NO's sorry not trying to highjack this thread but add to it. JD

as any garage owner will tell you NO 1 the damm thing is never to big. NO 2 i will never let it get cluttered . NO3 i don't have the right tools. ok enough of this rant who has other NO's sorry not trying to highjack this thread but add to it. JD

NO 2 i will never let it get cluttered LOL I'm like a pack rat. You should see my second floor, packed with stuff.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

ridiculous.jpg

Our city made an ordinance against them, saying there were dangerous in high wind situations. Then they put up one of those huge plastic covered ones to hold road salt.

Our city made an ordinance against them, saying there were dangerous in high wind situations. Then they put up one of those huge plastic covered ones to hold road salt.

Do as I say, not as I do. Isn't that the way it always is.

Mine is nailed down with 18" bits of rebar hammered in at an angle. I close the door, it zips shut, when it's windy.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

ridiculous.jpg

I would totally rock that and probably camp out there and roast some weinies occasionally. When I lived in Redondo Beach with my 1 1/2 year old baby 97 blk/blk LSC, I had NO garage or cover. I would have killed for that!

Man am I jealous of you guys..

I have a 2.5 car, 1/3 of it is made into a seperate section/room. Still enough to work on the ol' girl though.

I never took a pic in my garage cause there was never enough room to get a decent pic. I had it packed with Big Blocks, Hemi's, SBC's, EJ's, Dana 60's, Rims, '60 Biscayne parts, '39 Plymouth parts just to name a few :rolleyes:
CIMG8947.jpg

I can't really even get a pic of the 2 bay doors without something in the way. At least we sold off this damn Airstream but now there is an SL taking up that bay in the garage :mad:

It's nice to see some working shops.

Mine doesn't look like it has a Lincoln in it, but there's actually a couple of pieces there. I wanted to measure ride height at speed for the German car (to test my front splitter and wing settings on the track) and the best/cheapest way to do it turned out to be the ride-height sensors from the Lincoln Continental (95?) air ride system. They feed voltage into a data recorder, and I can see how my aero stuff (which isn't on the car in these pictures) is generating downforce.

But I came here to post some pictures of my suburban two-car garage, which I put it together with a pretty low budget. I learned as I went, doing all of the work myself -- including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift.

The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than $3,500. Everything you see is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made.

I do automotive work in it, and also some carpentry and metal fabrication.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

(This is not spam. I don't make any money off of the website and pay for it out of my own pocket.)

1023616dlrf.jpg

redbench.jpg

myspaceoh.jpg

compliancecenteragain.jpg

img0467ah.jpg

img0434cp.jpg

centerislandagain.jpg

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

bothdown.jpg

faceforwardup.jpg

There is no 911 that's been lowered too much to fit on this lift. And there's nothing to trip over when the car is out.

noclearance.jpg

648uplr.jpg

And it's got its own a video:

12-Gauge Garage Video - YouTube

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

Jack's Garage Lift - YouTube

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

humpty.jpg

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that. :mad:

wide01.jpg

I never took a pic in my garage cause there was never enough room to get a decent pic. I had it packed with Big Blocks, Hemi's, SBC's, EJ's, Dana 60's, Rims, '60 Biscayne parts, '39 Plymouth parts just to name a few :rolleyes:
CIMG8947.jpg

I can't really even get a pic of the 2 bay doors without something in the way. At least we sold off this damn Airstream but now there is an SL taking up that bay in the garage :mad:

Hoarder!

Members online

No members online now.
Back