Show us your garage or workspace

I snapped a pic showing the other corner of the garage while I was in there earlier tonight. If I think of it, I'll get some better pictures of the shop this weekend while I'm working on the '65.

garage-1_zpsbf0a91f1.jpg

A current picture of the wall of carnage:

shelfofcarnage_zps3ea88802.jpg

How about some garage/car art? I made these lamps for the family room a couple of weeks ago out of a pair of intake cams and some other parts. The lampshades that the girlfriend bought cost me twice as much as the lamp parts.
lamp1_zps5d0566e6.jpg

lamp2_zpsc5d35a58.jpg

I also welded up a little hanger for my droplights out of a pair of SC rockers and a SBC pushrod.
hanger_zps151adf4d.jpg

I have a pair of fenderwell headers for my SBC-powered CJ-7 and a blower belt from a 8-71'd BBC hanging in the shop...that's pretty much the extent of the "wall art" over there.

You know? I've always wanted to do something like this. I have a 200hp YAMAHA outboard block completely disassembled that I can mess with. I'd really like to do some "garage art" with it. Ofcourse including the TONS of Mark parts.

hanger_zps151adf4d.jpg

I have a pair of fenderwell headers for my SBC-powered CJ-7 and a blower belt from a 8-71'd BBC hanging in the shop...that's pretty much the extent of the "wall art" over there.
I was thinking of buying that yellow drop light, how is it? Nice wall art btw :D

You know? I've always wanted to do something like this. I have a 200hp YAMAHA outboard block completely disassembled that I can mess with. I'd really like to do some "garage art" with it. Ofcourse including the TONS of Mark parts.

What finally got me motivated was that the girlfriend was heading out to go shopping for lamps. A couple hours later she was out shopping for lampshades instead. :) Now she wants an engine block coffee table for the same room. If I ever get finished using my spare TEKSID for mockup, I may just get around to that project.

I was thinking of buying that yellow drop light, how is it? Nice wall art btw :D

I just received that one for Christmas, and I like it. The hook attaches to the light magnetically, either at the top or the side, and the magnet is plenty strong. I don't know how many "drops" that one will survive though, as it just doesn't seem too stout (notice that the red/black droplight in the pic is held together by duct tape). It is brighter than the red/black one, but starts to dim a little after about an hour of use. All in all, it's a good cordless LED droplight, and it should last me a few years.

I just received that one for Christmas, and I like it. The hook attaches to the light magnetically, either at the top or the side, and the magnet is plenty strong. I don't know how many "drops" that one will survive though, as it just doesn't seem too stout (notice that the red/black droplight in the pic is held together by duct tape). It is brighter than the red/black one, but starts to dim a little after about an hour of use. All in all, it's a good cordless LED droplight, and it should last me a few years.
awesome, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back