Official Plasti-Dip Thread

over 2-3 coats of black dip. One or 2 more of gold and it could have looked much more gold.

Probably not something I would do to my summer wheels, but def a winter set. Pretty cool stuff...so easy to work with.
9afbd9bb.jpg

I wonder how that color would look up against my ls's color... I like it! Its not Gucci but subtle... Good stuff...

PHOTOSHOP TIME! (insert Dr. evil laugh)

well.. I got my ls up too 299,000kms now and it most likely just a time bomb anyway's so I think I might as well take the plunge and do the whole car with plasti dip. I might have to fix up the fender rust though first, not to sure how well that'd hold up to the dip.

lincoln-ls-clinton-nc_39858_919564_3.jpg

I'm just going to expect that it'll turn out exactly like this but I believe the above pic is a wrap. (doesnt say in the add I found the picture on)

I don't think that LS in the photo has ever been posted here before. At least I haven't seen it.

I would def go with plasti-dip. Easier for DIY and cheaper than a wrap.

I don't think that LS in the photo has ever been posted here before. At least I haven't seen it.

I would def go with plasti-dip. Easier for DIY and cheaper than a wrap.

Yeah im not too sure where its from, just found it on a google search of "flat black ls"

So far my entire project has been a low budget so I will definitely be going with the dip once I can budget it in. I have a paint gun so it should turn out okay. But for now its back to the job hunt.

well.. I got my ls up too 299,000kms now and it most likely just a time bomb anyway's so I think I might as well take the plunge and do the whole car with plasti dip. I might have to fix up the fender rust though first, not to sure how well that'd hold up to the dip.

lincoln-ls-clinton-nc_39858_919564_3.jpg

I'm just going to expect that it'll turn out exactly like this but I believe the above pic is a wrap. (doesnt say in the add I found the picture on)

Don't bother fixing the fender. Just dip the rust, it'll be fine.

Don't bother fixing the fender. Just dip the rust, it'll be fine.

But then it's just going to continue to rust underneath and it will be difficult to pull the Dip off of the rust when you do. Because the rust isn't a smooth finish but porous, the Dip will soak into it and not peel off.

Just bought two cans of plasti dip to screw around with.

Off topic but does anyway know where to get those barcelona's for a good price or is that just a cruel joke.

That's what I figured. I have been looking for wheels and I love barcelonas but the prices I have seen were too high, didn't know if there were some acceptable replicas out there.

If you get lucky. Once in a blue moon you'll find a used set for sale. Got my set for 350. But they were rough. Had them refinished and now I'm in them for 1150 but they are basically brand new.

I decided I'm going to get some barcelona's as well, the cheapest set I've seen so far is $1,200.

check the dipyourcar utube channel ... might be ordering a pro car kit tomorrow

And suddenly, he found himself stricken with the desire to plasti dip more and more...

Badges are next.

IMAG0682.jpg

So no opinions? I'm about to just order the black with silver metalizer and see how it turns out.

for me looks better on chrome

I kinda hate chrome. So to each their own I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, a nice set a chrome wheels can look great, especially on a black car. However, on white I think chrome looks particularly bad.

Just plasti-dip my grill what do you guys think?

Just did my grill i think that it looks good im doing my stock rims next let me know what you guys think? Theres a before and after pic

photo (2).JPG

photo (5).JPG

Just did my grill i think that it looks good im doing my stock rims next let me know what you guys think? Theres a before and after pic

i also have the 05 LS , what stock rims do you have, i been wanting to see the 7 spoke wheels plasti dipped, so maybe ill also take the plunge

Members online

No members online now.
Back