Official Plasti-Dip Thread

Did you do a set of wheels in gold and have extra???
I will PM you if I decide to go for it.
Does anyone know how the plasti dip will stand up to someone mounting/balancing a wheel after it's been dipped?
Im sure they would hold up to mounting and balancing. And as far as the gold, no i just bought one can to give it a try. But if someone else wants to try it, it would save me the trouble lol

27f2253c.jpg

Dont mind the dirty college house lol

I know you can et original matte black plastidip at hardware stores. But can you get their other products, like the gloss and stuff there too? Or just internet.

Where did you buy the Metalizer? I've only found the black Plasti-Dip at Lowes.

dammit mlara! now Im about to purchase some plastidip for my peeling rims and havent even finished my other projects!

trying to acheive a hyper silver, bright silver appearance for my stockers. Currently chatting with guy to see what color metalizer option would be best.

I beleive it will have to be silver metalizer over gunmetal.

I beleive he may have gotten them from these guys

http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/page/1?shop_param=

So this glossifier, can you peel it off as well?

Dont quote me on this but

I beleive the glossifier as well as the metalizer can only be used over a plastidip product. So yes, it can be peeled of because it will be used over a plastidip peelable product.

I know this is accurate for the metalizer, not 100% sure on the glossifier.

Spraying metalizer or glossifier over the matte plastidip will make it even easier to peal off since it will be thicker and less prone to tearing.

For using the glossifier over chrome for the brushed aluminium look....unsure. I'd guess you should be able to the same

I know you can et original matte black plastidip at hardware stores. But can you get their other products, like the gloss and stuff there too? Or just internet.
I have not seen the other products in stores. So far i've only seen them online. Ebay has the metalizers as well. I think a little cheaper also. I ordered from this site because i liked the service.

Where did you buy the Metalizer? I've only found the black Plasti-Dip at Lowes.
I got the metalizers from this site: http://dipyourcar.com/

dammit mlara! now Im about to purchase some plastidip for my peeling rims and havent even finished my other projects!

trying to acheive a hyper silver, bright silver appearance for my stockers. Currently chatting with guy to see what color metalizer option would be best.

I beleive it will have to be silver metalizer over gunmetal.

I beleive he may have gotten them from these guys

http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/page/1?shop_param=
Yup. I got mine from there as well. I posted this site in the first post, i guess its not very visible lol

So this glossifier, can you peel it off as well?

I beleive the glossifier as well as the metalizer can only be used over a plastidip product. So yes, it can be peeled of because it will be used over a plastidip peelable product.

Spraying metalizer or glossifier over the matte plastidip will make it even easier to peal off since it will be thicker and less prone to tearing.

For using the glossifier over chrome for the brushed aluminium look....unsure. I'd guess you should be able to the same
from the FAQs:
"Does Glossifier peel off just like regular Plastidip? Yes, Glossifier peels off just like the Original Plastidip! So do the Metalizers!"

According to the dipyourcar.com FAQ you can use the glossifier stand alone and it will still peel off like normal plastidip

"- Can I spray Glossifier over non-plastidipped areas? Yes, Glossifier can be sprayed over non- plastidipped areas and will add a glossy finish. It also will peel off afterwards!"

That guy is a spokesman for the plastidip and he has dipped his car multiple times. Thats the car he uses for all the DIY projects looks like.

You can also buy it in 1 gallon cans, ready to be poured into a paint sprayer. Just pour and spray lol. That way you don't have to mess with the 20 cans and kill your hand in doing so.

I saw that. It's that Wagner Power sprayer. That would be pretty easy hmmmmmm.

2 Coats of Gold Metalizer...

over 2-3 coats of black dip. One or 2 more of gold and it could have looked much more gold.

Probably not something I would do to my summer wheels, but def a winter set. Pretty cool stuff...so easy to work with.
9afbd9bb.jpg

Those would be pretty sweet winter wheels. Plus no salt damage and road grime. Definitely doing this next year with my winter wheels. I'm thinking black with the Glossifier.

i really wish i knew about this stuff before i started wrapping!!! i would much rather use this than wrap my car. it would have been done in no time!!!

Yea the painting with that gun makes it look super easy. Perhaps I'll have to give this a try!

It looks like he did that in a day, and I have spent a month on my vinyl. Feelsbadman.jpg

Wish we could see better photos... The ones on the website are too small to see the detail. Need to it in different lights for blotchiness.

Wish we could see better photos... The ones on the website are too small to see the detail. Need to it in different lights for blotchiness.

Same here. Cant say any of my work has looked as smooth as the picture of his S4. Perhaps its the gun??? Or the skills of the painter lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back