Official Plasti-Dip Thread

That S4 is crazy.

So is the gold a gold spray paint or gold spray from plastidip

^^yup

pics of silver metalizer on the barcelonas coming soon. They're done, just want to clean the car up before i take pics.

DipYourCar.com: I mixed the white dye from the Create a Color Kit into thinned black dip out of the can. Mixed up 2 gallons of it at a 50% thinned ratio with Naptha.Yes there was almost a full gallon of naptha used - it's specifically a 42% dilution. We used the Wagnor Double Duty Fine Finish gun

This is his post in regards to the matte grey dip job he did on the audi. Sounds like he is using some special techniques, not just shooting cans onto the car. Also sounds like he has a shop an it is done more professionally rather than in his driveway like the black one.

I was looking online at other people who did it and it seems "streaky" from certain angles. The dipyourcar guy is definitely really good at it.

After seeing the official plasti dip website I am kind of upset I didn't dip my car instead... So many neat products and color deals to make your own.

After seeing the official plasti dip website I am kind of upset I didn't dip my car instead... So many neat products and color deals to make your own.

I will second that!! I think I'm going to try it out on my 2000 maybe do a two-tone on it.

I know the stuff peels off but it would be alot of work to clean all the door jams and other gaps. I think wrap will end up looking cleaner and being smoother up close.

That gold looks pretty nice. I'm still going to dip my one set of RR wheels here before spring.

I also talked to Fonzie the other day and there are even more colors in development that will be coming out soon.

Exams coming up, so i wasn't sure when i would have time to clean her up. these will do for now, iphone pics.

Not the color i wanted, or that i thought i would get, but theyre ok? i think. Gonna talk to fonzie see if my "technique" was the culprit, and re-do them if need be. By the way they already have like 150 miles on them, so theyre showing some filth in the pics.
1621b7d3.jpg

d69d6312.jpg

41ef432a.jpg

8ed10b5c.jpg

Looks like you need much more silver metalizer. How many coats did you do?

This stuff is great! I've had it on my winter wheels for 4 months now. Still looks good. Holds up great. Glad to see other LS owners using this

^^ Have you had to take extra car at the car wash?

Interesting video

i wanted more of the color he got:
HyperSilverWheel.jpg

his is like a dark silver/hypersilver? i got more of a blueish silver...then again it could just be the lighting.

I spoke to him a few days ago. I wanted to acheive the hypersilver/bright metalic silver color. He mentioned I would need a gunmetal base with silver metalizer.

It seems to me that your right on with your color from the silver over black. The wheel in his video is reflecting a lot of light so that may have made it look brighter.

I've been wanting to paint the chrome on my car (non sport, so I have the chrome bumper trim). I'm thinking I'm going to go the plastidip the pieces since it looks easy and hassle free. Plus if it doesn't come out good it can be removed easily.

Has anyone done just the chrome trim? How'd ya like it? I have a black ls, so was thinking of doing black with silver on top.

ill let you know, when i clean my car. I'm sure others with plasti dipped wheels who have had them for a while can answer this tho.

I had my front wheels off the other day. I have 17' stock chrome and I dipped the inner parts of the design (back in sept) and was using a dish sponge with the scrapper part to clean them. I went over the plastidip and it didn't come off or mess it up.

I was prepping to dip the whole rim so I ended up peeling it off and it does peel off easier wet then dry.

you think you could post up pictures of your chrome with back plasti dip?

When I first did it like the one in the first pic, I only did one rim because it took about an hour to tape off.

This one is not my rim, but is the same and what it looked like before dipping the whole rim.
54tg.png

This is what they now look like. Excuse the mud lol. I had my tires rotated after dipping and they messed up the lugs in doing so. I have replacements for the uncapped ones and will dip them soon.
S73001092.jpg

I bet that would look great. I wonder if with that many exposed edges, the durability would be shortened.

Im really liking this plasti dip and i havent even gotten my shipment yet!

Is that 2nd picture in black and white?

I bet that would look great. I wonder if with that many exposed edges, the durability would be shortened.

Im really liking this plasti dip and i havent even gotten my shipment yet!

Is that 2nd picture in black and white?

Even with all the edges it was durable. The only thing was I waited for it to dry before pulling the tape. Stupid don't do that lol. I like it better in the first pic but I didn't want to take the time to tape it off. LOL yeah a little lazy.

And yes it's in black and white. I'm visiting my dad so it's his camera and that's the setting he has on it for some reason.

LOL and why so muddy?!?!?!

It's in NC and the ground is moist and his girlfriend messed it up when trying to pull out and now I'm parking there.

Ordered a matte black plasti-dip wheel kit from dipyourcar.com on Friday should recive it sometime this week. Will be doing my 20" speedsters with it. I'm excited to see how it turns out!! :D

FYI dipyourcar.com's shipping rates are pretty crazy. The wheel kit was $22.50 and shipping cost me $18.75.

Members online

Back