Official Plasti-Dip Thread

But then it's just going to continue to rust underneath and it will be difficult to pull the Dip off of the rust when you do. Because the rust isn't a smooth finish but porous, the Dip will soak into it and not peel off.

Isnt plastidip very similar to frame and chassis spray as far as sealing and preventing moisture from getting in? I wouldn't think it would do anything but help it. Just my .02

yeah i have the 7 spoke here is a pic of them now i will put pictures once i finish

I will be doing my rims soon im thinking if I should do them black or battleship gray? any sugestions

stock ls rims.JPG

What have you guys found is the best for trimming the dip. Say if your lines need cleaned up but you don't want to peel whole thing. Taking an xacto blade seems kind of risky that it would possibly scratch the real paint.

I haven't dipped anything yet. Just thinking ahead and using the scalpel as an example hoping someone has found a safe way to do minor detailing.

they have that fix it kit from dipyourcar.com to fix errors or for minor detailing, if you havent dipped anything yet make sure to tape off whatever you are dipping well so you dont have to fix anything, i have used a scapel to etch out stuff before with dip but definitely not on the paint

I need some advice on dipping black over chrome gen one Ls wheels. The chrome is still in good condition so far , no major scratches or peeling. But is there a certain number of coats I should do to prevent the chrome from peeling underneath? Btw this will be my first time using plasti dip

5 or 6 good coats , first coat is a light dusting , then the other coats are a little heavier , soak the cans in warm water to get them to spray better

2 cans would do the job but get 3 in case u mess up and or have to repair later

sure thing man , take your time , and make sure to rotate the wheel in order to get all the area covered

You definitely want to heat the cans. I just put them in the oven for 5-8 minutes on 200 degrees. Shake occasionally. Ghost is correct on the amount, 2 cans to do the job 3 just in case you need touch ups .

You definitely want to heat the cans. I just put them in the oven for 5-8 minutes on 200 degrees. Shake occasionally. Ghost is correct on the amount, 2 cans to do the job 3 just in case you need touch ups .

Having them sit in a bucket of hot water should be sufficient, I wouldn't bake a can. Lol

haha , i wonder how the dip sprayed after getting baked , when I leave it in warm water it shoots out in a fine mist

BAKE? no... i set mine on a vent for a minute before use...but water is the recomended route.... and dear god dont microwave!!!

To add to this - I believe pressurized cans will explode over a certain temperature...

Members online

Back