Mark VIII(8) Prototype Struts

I would think so, but I think that is something the tester and Eddie could figure out on their own.

i'll test them eddie on my 98 with 216900k on it. me and you have done plenty of business through the years. i'll be honest about them. my drive to work is 32 miles one way, i dont mind driving the mark to work and letting my wife use the truck. she only stays local anyway so it would be a perfect long haul daily test. just throwing it out there. i dont care either way.

All I can say is whoever does this better not be afraid to put there car through some hard turns no Sunday drivers please. I want to know how they actually perform in all conditions.

Sounds like I will wait for testing trials to be over then order set once done...

Slight curiosity what kind of shock absorber is being used?

I'm in Eddie.
Got the credit car ready.
97 daily driver....any weather MN can dish out.

80 miles a day.

But also fully trust billcu!!!
He is a great asset to the mark community.

Looking forward to these hitting the market!

As far as the compressors go, its the coming up with the core thing is the problem.....and I'm working on that as we speak/type. 98lincmk7lsc, I can rebuild your compressor regardless.

How about a vote? Can somebody do a poll of someone MOST people would trust the opinion of?

BTW, I have my reservations about sending $600 worth of parts out for nothing, so one of the qualifications is that "the chosen one" provide a valid credit card. This credit card will have a hold of $600 until either the person wants to keep them....or returns them.

I have at least 5 compressors in my garage right now. Can probably come up with 10 if I look. I also have been wanting to buy a new compressor for a friend of mine's car, but noticed you had none for sale at this time. Eddie let me know if you want mine also. Wow, I bet I threw 10 in the dumpster at work last year.

I will also vouch for billcu
I could also be a canidate. I drive my 97 daily about 90 miles per day.
My money is good !!

Octane does do great writeups. I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) Billcu has more experience with different setups though (Stan/low coils/oem vs am air ect).

Bill lives in Michigan and their roads will test anybodies suspension to the max.

Ok not sure if this can be done but how about the shock body being a different size to accomadate a available Koni insert since the Tbird unit is no longer available.

Was getting ready to test out the new prototype struts on "Betty" this week, but thought it might be better for someone that drives a Mark VIII daily to do the testing. This way YOU the consumer can get some unbiased results and we get some good hard feedback. Good or bad.

Again, these are prototypes, so there will only be 1 pair for testing right now. if they work out good, we'll start taking orders right away. If its bad, we'll do what we can to make some changes and make them work.

These struts look NOTHING like the factory design. As posted earlier, the struts themselves are replacable and are warranted for 1 year. The air spring part has a lifetime warranty. The struts utilize an aftermarket solenoid(included with strut purchase) which has a larger orifice(= more flow)....which means it won't have any solenoid fitment problems like the later model arnott's.

BTW, if someone wanted their Mark VIII to have a fast-bag setup, the first hurdle has been eliminated for you!

Do we have a test pilot in our midst?

I'm definitely in. Especially since I sorta came up with an idea for a modular air spring/shock assembly with individually serviceable shocks and air springs back in 2010. I just didn't have the time or money or materials to actually "build" one. Darnit. No royalties for me :(

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=69864

The last schematic on the second page is as far as I got.

Air Shocks Updated.jpg

So count me in for some real world testing. I drive my Mark 80+ miles a day over many different types of road surfaces (dirt, gravel, twisty backroads, town, freeway) round trip as a daily driver to work and back. Plus I've got virtually brand new Arnott air shocks on my car so if the prototypes don't work out, I can just put the Arnotts back on and still have my DD. And, I've replaced my front air shocks several times and know quite a bit about these systems. And since I didn't get to build my modular air shock design and somebody else did, I think I should get to test them out :D

You have done exactly what I wanted so badly to do with my design. Build and test it, and then market it. I'm very jealous:)

Air Shocks Updated.jpg

And...just out of curiosity, could you post some pics or schematics of these new prototype air shocks? I'd just like to see how similar they are to my design to see if what I came up with would have been possible.

How about a vote? Can somebody do a poll of someone MOST people would trust the opinion of?

So far we have myself.

billcu

98lincmk7lsc

97 Octane

BAD97LSC

Sergmark

Lux

thaywood

all good candidates IMHO

Did I miss anyone?
I only included daily drivers for a full test.

Eddie do you still want the poll?

Only thing I would add is I would be willing to let local members test drive the car once they were installed, to form a group consensuses.
Very excited to see these hit the market.

I would've been the perfect subject for that. I drive my 97 between 80 - 150 miles p/day. Also, 3-4 times p/week I visit a truck lot that is completely in rough terrain. However I just converted my air ride to springs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back