Mark VIII(8) Prototype Struts

American Air-1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Was getting ready to test out the new prototype struts on "Betty" this week, but thought it might be better for someone that drives a Mark VIII daily to do the testing. This way YOU the consumer can get some unbiased results and we get some good hard feedback. Good or bad.

Again, these are prototypes, so there will only be 1 pair for testing right now. if they work out good, we'll start taking orders right away. If its bad, we'll do what we can to make some changes and make them work.

These struts look NOTHING like the factory design. As posted earlier, the struts themselves are replacable and are warranted for 1 year. The air spring part has a lifetime warranty. The struts utilize an aftermarket solenoid(included with strut purchase) which has a larger orifice(= more flow)....which means it won't have any solenoid fitment problems like the later model arnott's.

BTW, if someone wanted their Mark VIII to have a fast-bag setup, the first hurdle has been eliminated for you!

Do we have a test pilot in our midst?

My only suggestion is finding a long time mark owner that's been around the block a few times with his/her air suspension..

I plan to drive the :q:q:q:q outta mine this year once the snow season is over..... I wouldn't mind giving them a shot. I've replaced every single part in my front end (minus the steering rack) and would love to test these things.

I've been waiting 2 years to drive this car the way its meant to be... slammed w/ the ray switch at park, aired up while driving, being drag raced, and slung around country road corners! :)

I would love to and I have an ashem8 but it only gets driven in the summer. That's about 5 months away unless someone wanted to donate everything to put my 95 back on air.

I replaced the front airsprings with new OEM last year in my daily driver Black 94. The ride is like a night and day difference form the old ones.

I would be able to compare newish OEM to your prototypes. I do drive it in salt, but a good paint coating on the struts should protect them.

The car is stock with new snow tires on snowflake wheels.

I can think of about a handfull including Billcu would make a good testers.

Mine is a daily driver... But I need to get my compressor fixed. I currently fill using my 120 gallon compressor.

I'd be willing to test these out on my 97. I drive it to work and back every day approximately 30 miles each way, and was actually thinking recently about replacing the 3-4 year-old Arnott's that are currently on it. My drive every day is a combination of residential, city, highway, and somewhat-neglected back-country roads. In my opinion, a very good test-bed for some prototype components....

I'm a long-time Mark VIII owner and member of the major Mark VIII forums, and would love to be able to help out with this.

P.S. I'd like to buy a new compressor for my 98 to replace the crappy Arnott one, but they're sold-out on your website. How soon til there are more available? I've got the original OEM compressor that I can send you also...

I'd be happy to do it I have quite a few long road trips planned for the summer and the only time mine isn't driven is when the wether is crappy. I've gone a round or 6 with air ride in my 95 the 98 is ready for new struts now any how. I also have an asham8 on my car. Of that helps.

As far as the compressors go, its the coming up with the core thing is the problem.....and I'm working on that as we speak/type. 98lincmk7lsc, I can rebuild your compressor regardless.

How about a vote? Can somebody do a poll of someone MOST people would trust the opinion of?

BTW, I have my reservations about sending $600 worth of parts out for nothing, so one of the qualifications is that "the chosen one" provide a valid credit card. This credit card will have a hold of $600 until either the person wants to keep them....or returns them.

Laser, that would be great. If you'll send me your email address, I'll have ups email you a return label in a day or two. I can give you $10 each(or store credit) and I'll pay the shipping.

Eddie - I could do some prototype testing for you. I am within 45 min.
from your shop. 700+ Credit rating, zero DMV points, 0/0 tickets.

The roads around here make a perfect test environment. We have
long smooth stretches of hwy, roads with twist and turns, abrupt
elevation changes. Daily busy, congested stop and go traffic on surface
streets. We've got old neglected roads with whoop-de-doos. And plenty
of potholed, rutt infested access roads.

And lets not forget, we have the highest concentration of idiot drivers
in the country that would require abnormal evasive maneuvers to
avoid collisions. It would give that prototype plenty of workout in a
short amount of time.

Only downside is, the test mule is down for control arm repairs. My
'94 rides on air, a perfect candidate. Octane is a hybrid. Won't work on her.

Ren

Eddie:

I've got a few cores to send you as well, I'll send you an email.

Also, I have a credit card, if you send the prototypes to me, and they work out fine, I might leave them on the car or put them on one of the Gen 2's that need them.:)

As far as the compressors go, its the coming up with the core thing is the problem.....and I'm working on that as we speak/type. 98lincmk7lsc, I can rebuild your compressor regardless.

How about a vote? Can somebody do a poll of someone MOST people would trust the opinion of?

BTW, I have my reservations about sending $600 worth of parts out for nothing, so one of the qualifications is that "the chosen one" provide a valid credit card. This credit card will have a hold of $600 until either the person wants to keep them....or returns them.

So your saying these new ones will be 600 a pair?? Also is the tester going to be charged 600 for these? Being a test bed for you, no deal?

Laser, that would be great. If you'll send me your email address, I'll have ups email you a return label in a day or two. I can give you $10 each(or store credit) and I'll pay the shipping.
Well hell, just tore apart my storage trying to find them and only found two. Found three mounts and filters so I know there is a third somewhere but hell if I can remember. I have a good one on the white 93 but I wanna keep it since I know its good and OEM.

So your saying these new ones will be 600 a pair?? Also is the tester going to be charged 600 for these? Being a test bed for you, no deal?

I was curious of this also, but i'm sure that's something that would be worked out between the 2 parties once testing is complete.

I think it is the same business policy AutoZone use whenever they rent out expensive tools.

I think it is the same business policy AutoZone use whenever they rent out expensive tools.

You are not providing a service you are RENTING. Here you are being a test bed, you have to do work then evaluate the product. And, or you have to take on unknown risks.

You are not providing a service you are RENTING. Here you are being a test bed, you have to do work then evaluate the product. And, or you have to take on unknown risks.

And the person providing the prototypes is also providing a risk. A risk of them not being returned!!

I think someone is just made cause they dont have the $600 to put up. :rolleyes:

And the person providing the prototypes is also providing a risk. A risk of them not being returned!!

I think someone is just made cause they dont have the $600 to put up. :rolleyes:

Please like I don't have 6 bones!! LOL The main point was not the 600 deposit it was is the tester going to be rewarded? Is that really that hard to understand?

But I do have a problem paying 600 dollars for 2 struts for my 450 dollar car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back